THE BROWNS BOARD

TEAM AMERICA: World Cup

MLD Woody

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big controversy in the opening game was that the Brazil team got some kind of penalty kick to score that put them ahead....but all the analysts said that play was wrong....that it was just a big flop on the part of the Brazil player.

My cousin....from England no less...has a name for soccer players: Preening Pansies. His words.

(but of course, we have our own floppers here as well....in basketball particularly. Dwane Wade just got fined for flopping. and what about in football those guys that fake injuries in order to stop the clock.)

LOL, Bill Laimbeer made flopping an art form. :) Yes I agree about the faking in soccer. However, I do enjoy watching the World Cup- sort of like the way a lot of non-football fans watch the Super Bowl. That doesn't mean I don't understand the game- I liken it to slow motion hockey, which I actually played.

LOL, Bill Laimbeer made flopping an art form. :) Yes I agree about the faking in soccer. However, I do enjoy watching the World Cup- sort of like the way a lot of non-football fans watch the Super Bowl. That doesn't mean I don't understand the game- I liken it to slow motion hockey, which I actually played.

I heard a hockey announcer refer to hockey as "soccer on ice"....but a couple of guys here disagreed with me that there was such a similarity in the way those games are played.

That was an ass beating. The Dutch were literally toying with Casillas on those last two goals.

I was upset about Mexico winning (even though they deserved the win) but I'm ecstatic with this result.

The big question now is do the Dutch ride with the navy or go back to the orange?

Gipper, if you need an explanation as for why there are more European and South American teams in the world cup I suggest you watch the first 15 minutes of Chile v Australia.

I didn't see the first 15 minutes, but I did see about 15 minutes in some later part of the game. Chile had the lead but I saw the Aussies pressing the action more.

I mean, the Dutch made the defending champions look like a high school squad or something.....perhaps a team from another continent would have given the Dutch a better match.....and, after all, the last time I looked, Spain was still in Europe.

The added time doesn't really have to do with the score, more so with what happened during regular time. A lot of injuries and what not will result in more stoppage time, hence the name. The red ideally adds up the time lost from these stoppages to create stoppage time.

Germany will win all of their games (unless resting players in game 3). Portugal, who are 2-0 down currently, have just lost their main striker to a hamstring injury. They're there for the taking, if you can contain Ronaldo.

Archived