THE BROWNS BOARD

Putin dupes Obama

LogicIsForSquares

There's probably a workaround of some kind if Obama had the balls and the strength to do it. He fucked up with Assad but personally I don't care that much about the Ukraine. Putin wants the Ukraine back and most of them want to go. Obama backed the wrong horse in Syria like he did in Libya. He could actually sit down with Putin and agree to team up against Isis. I don't know if he could get any consideration for the Ukraine but there's got to be something Putin might back away from and that might be it.

WSS

There's probably a workaround of some kind if Obama had the balls and the strength to do it. He fucked up with Assad but personally I don't care that much about the Ukraine. Putin wants the Ukraine back and most of them want to go. Obama backed the wrong horse in Syria like he did in Libya. He could actually sit down with Putin and agree to team up against Isis. I don't know if he could get any consideration for the Ukraine but there's got to be something Putin might back away from and that might be it.

WSS

It amazes me how we continue to do so many things wrong in the middle east.

Obama's "there's no room in the world for tyrants" sounds good, but how's Iraq looking without Saddam, Libya without Qaddafi, Syria without Assad (well, most of it's out of Assad's control).

Putin's not going to back down from backing Assad. Obama's not going to give up on the idea that Assad needs to be relinquished.

Whatever the outcome will be, I'm suspecting it won't be a good one.

True enough but you just have to pick your tyrants better. I wish Osiris was still here since I like his take on whether Egypt is better off without Mubarak. I realized we didn't actively Support is out there but probably behind the scenes...

Unfortunately a great deal of our Middle East policy is like the old woman who swallowed a spider to catch the fly.

WSS

The truth is, Iraq was a hellhole for Iraqis under saddam and sons.

And they were running a gigantic arms to terrorist groups network.

But at some point, the Iraqis didn't have the honor, courage and belief system

to take what the U.S. gave them - freedom from tyranny of that sadistic terror regime...

and keep it.

They dropped the ball - now they have paid a sickening, terrible price.

and, those arabic people have been called the "wild ass of the desert" ...

always hostile.

Genesis 25:18
His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt, as you go toward Ashur. And they lived in hostility toward all the tribes related to them.

Genesis 37:25
As they sat down to eat their meal, they looked up and saw a caravan of Ishmaelites coming from Gilead. Their camels were loaded with spices, balm and myrrh, and they were on their way to take them down to Egypt.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

5. wild asses—(Job 11:12). So Ishmael is called a "wild ass-man"; Hebrew (Ge 16:12). These Bedouin robbers, with the unbridled wildness of the ass of the desert, go forth thither. Robbery is their lawless "work." The desert, which yields no food to other men, yields food for the robber and his children by the plunder of caravans.

As far as the topic, interesting now how some of you act like it was Obama and the dems who wanted Assad out the whole time. Like the Republicans were saying you leave that nice young Bashir alone you ngr. Corrupt intellectual revisionism at it's finest. Who were screaming at obama again for "he crossed the red line he crossed the red line"

Learn something, Cleve. Seriously.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/IraqCoverage/story?id=2761722&page=1

I have never posted this stuff before...but Cleve..."people had their utilities run right" ????????

Damn.

http://www.editinternational.com/read.php?id=47ddcef722fca

First of all, the only reason Putin does anything with Syria is because he had zero support east of Iran.. because every other country chose Obama over Putin. Except Iraq, now - which even in the article was stated to NOT be making a choice "against" the US and was actually staying neutral.

Second of all, I don't understand what the "dupe" is in this thread -- Russia is sharing intelligence with Syria/Iran/Iraq.... as opposed to what Russia was already doing, which was sharing intelligence with Syria and Iran. So, the article is showing that Russia is now sharing intelligence with Iraq. OK.. again.. so?

Russia has backed Assad and Iraq for a long time. The US doesn't agree with that.. and didn't agree with Russian influence when your guy created ISIS by disbanding the Iraqi army.

Russia got Iraq to agree to let Russian planes fly over their territory... and it's a small step to share intelligence with them.

If anything, the fact that Russia has to deal with pissants like Syria should show you how far they've fallen.

But, hey, keep coming up with lies to insult the guy you refuse to accept as leader.

Learn something, Cleve. Seriously.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/IraqCoverage/story?id=2761722&page=1

I have never posted this stuff before...but Cleve..."people had their utilities run right" ????????

Damn.

http://www.editinternational.com/read.php?id=47ddcef722fca

I'm assuming both of those articles are about Saddamm and his sons, that's the gist i got before my anti virus shut them down...not sure why that happened on an ABC news link. Anyway, never said him and his boys were angels. They did way fucked up shit. Just like every god damn little fucking ngr fgt tyrant we've ever propped up and/or given arms to. In a perfect world I'd want them all strung up by their balls. But you don't remove guys like that, who have established "some" semblance of order in a sea of other ngr fgts that want to come to power....without a firm idea you can prevent aforementioned ngr fgts from filling that power vaccuum. You don't roll dice when it comes to human lives. You don't say "well lets just take this guy out and see what happens, should be fine right?". Yeah..should be fine.

Yeah you know me well.

I don't need to know you. I will observe your actions - and judge accordingly.

I think the Russians made a serious strategic blunder with their air strategy over Syria, but I'm sure we won't see a thread about how that "undeclared air war" goes -- because then you'd have to praise Obama for doing the correct thing in direct response to this: Nothing. This was one of the items leading up to Russia's direct involvement -- and viewed in that lens this move made sense for Russia... but their Syria strategy has severe flaws. The US doesn't need to actually do anything for those flaws to show up.

The problem for Russia is that now they've directly backed Shia.. they haven't put anything remotely resembling a large force there.. and if they bump into the Turks or Israelis, Russia is going to have a huge problem because they're going to get wiped out. So: What, really, have they gained? A seat at "The Table" if peace is actually acquired? They had a long lease at the deep-water port of Aleppo before war broke out, yes, but that's essentially a sunk cost right now.

Cleve - the whole mideast is better off with the husseins gone,

and the iraqi people were better off....

Abbas has just declared that Egypt is no longer bound

by the peace agreements with Israel.

That's after Israel gave up control of the Sinai, Gaza strip, and most

of the West Bank for peace.

Of course, they figured it wouldn't work, but it was worth a try.

There's going to be another war soon, over there, I think.

obamao's lack of leadership in the world in general, and his political

"siding with the Muslims"...and pretty obvious coldness toward Israel...

In 2010 the surge had worked very effectively and Joe Biden was calling Iraq one of Obama's greatest achievements. Now we just needed to keep a residual force of troops to keep the gains we had fought hard for. Obama wanted his political victory of pulling all the troops out of Iraq against the advice of the military and the results have been just what Bush said would happen if we pulled out too soon.

Our next president is going to inherit the mess Obama has created. Economically he will have the country 20 trillion in debt by the time he leaves office and his foreign policy has been a pure disaster.

I.. and if they bump into the Turks or Israelis, Russia is going to have a huge problem because they're going to get wiped out. So: What, really, have they gained?

wait, the Turks and Israeli's are going to wipe out the Russians? Both of them are flying Miami vice era fighters, the Rooskies from what I understand are bringing their new toys out in Syria. Not sure if they've flown sorties yet, but you better believe they're gonna have their 5th gens either spooled up on the runway or actually in pattern ready to support at a moments notice. Nothing the Turks or Israeli's have will do shit to the Russians. And neither will the Russians bump into them unless either of them are stupid enough to engage either them or Assads forces in Syria.

The Russians are going to play a sly game. If an air war starts over Syria with the west it won't be because of the rooskies.

Israel flies the F-15 and F-16, and has pre-ordered F-35's.

Turkey flies the F-16.

Now that F-22 production has stopped and the F-35 remains a flying boxcar, those are the same 2 aircraft that the US uses and produces as its own front-line fighters. Russia's replenishment supply lines [they have to fly through Iraq to avoid Turkey] can be cut very easily. As well, Russia has a total of 28 planes (12 Su-24s, 12 Su-25s and 4 Su-30s) there.. that's a gnat to the air forces of both.

As well, speaking of Miami Vice aircraft: The SU-24 was introduced in 1971, the SU-25 in 1981, and SU-30 in 1996.

Reality: Russia's forces can't do anything against Israel or Turkey's planes.

Russia is weakening (economic dependence on a giant pool of hydrocarbons is rarely good for national power), and Putin’s “bold” initiatives of the last two years have primarily been about shoring up disastrous situations.

Unfortunately, the foreign policy conversation in the United States remains infatuated with the idea that we can dictate terms to whomever we want, wherever we want, on whatever timetable we want. The foreign policy punditocracy behaves like antibodies to the idea that inaction (or even carefully considered action) might be the best policy.

Glad to see ISIS take a pounding like this. They had gotten too used to our pathetic and weak responses from Obama. Now they are feeling what a real bombing attack is like unlike our feeble efforts with limited air strikes.

Russian Air Force hits 50 ISIS targets in Syria over 3 days, ‘significantly’ damaging militants

“The airstrikes were being conducted night and day from the Khmeimim airbase and throughout the whole of Syria. In three days we managed to undermine the terrorists’ material-technical base and significantly reduce their combat potential,” Lieutenant General Andrey Kartapolov, head of the Main Operation Directorate of the General Staff of Russia’s armed forces, told reporters on Saturday.

He added that according to Russian intelligence the militants are fleeing the area that was in their control.

“There is panic and defection among them. About 600 mercenaries have left their positions and are trying to reach Europe,” he said.

https://www.rt.com/news/317505-air-force-terrorists-raqqa/

Glad to see ISIS take a pounding like this. They had gotten too used to our pathetic and weak responses from Obama. Now they are feeling what a real bombing attack is like unlike our feeble efforts with limited air strikes.

Russian Air Force hits 50 ISIS targets in Syria over 3 days, ‘significantly’ damaging militants

“The airstrikes were being conducted night and day from the Khmeimim airbase and throughout the whole of Syria. In three days we managed to undermine the terrorists’ material-technical base and significantly reduce their combat potential,” Lieutenant General Andrey Kartapolov, head of the Main Operation Directorate of the General Staff of Russia’s armed forces, told reporters on Saturday.

He added that according to Russian intelligence the militants are fleeing the area that was in their control.

“There is panic and defection among them. About 600 mercenaries have left their positions and are trying to reach Europe,” he said.

https://www.rt.com/news/317505-air-force-terrorists-raqqa/

lol, rt is a propaganda wing of the Soviet Russian government. The targets that they've hit are CIA-trained FSA groups, so now the Iraq-Syria conflict is a proxy war with Russia. Anyone who thinks that this means the Russians have done more in 3 days to stop ISIS than our airstrikes have done over the past year has no idea what they're talking about.

lol, rt is a propaganda wing of the Soviet Russian government. The targets that they've hit are CIA-trained FSA groups, so now the Iraq-Syria conflict is a proxy war with Russia. Anyone who thinks that this means the Russians have done more in 3 days to stop ISIS than our airstrikes have done over the past year has no idea what they're talking about.

22650822656219fe22b81cb41b36b68e.gif

And anyone thinking the so called US trained FSA groups are anything but a joke with zero chance of any success also has no idea what they are talking about.

And Russia could not be bombing like that solely against CIA trained FSA fighters because there are not even that many FSA CIA trained fighters in Syria. We have trained a whole 60 fighters with half of those already being captured, having fled or been killed .. Wow.

Four Years Later, The Free Syrian Army Has Collapsed

http://www.ibtimes.com/four-years-later-free-syrian-army-has-collapsed-1847116

Obama's Syria policy is a mess

Last year, President Obama asked for $500 million to arm and train the Syrian rebels. This year alone, the effort is supposed to train 3,000 soldiers to fight ISIS.

But so far, it's only yielded about 60 fighters. Of those 60, over half have been killed, wounded, or captured in the past week alone by Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda's Syrian branch. American officials, according to the New York Times, "did not anticipate an assault from the Nusra Front."

This defeat underscores a painful truth: Obama's Syrian rebel plan has, so far, been a complete disaster. Worse, it has been a disaster that was foreseeable. The last week's events were the direct result of fundamental contradictions in America's Syria policy, contradictions that were obvious from the start. The administration has trapped itself in a bad policy — and it's not quite clear how to get out.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/6/9111723/syria-train-and-equip

Tiny Force Of ‘Moderate’ Syrian Rebels Trained With US Millions Scatter On First Mission
The U.S. continues to train a rebel army in Syria despite the total failure of the program’s first division of troops.

WASHINGTON — Many observers and experts already consider the U.S. plan to train “moderate” Syrian rebels a failure, but it looks like a worse investment than ever after the utter, humiliating defeat of the first division of troops.

The Obama administration’s program to train Syrian rebels began after a June 2014 attack on Mosul, Iraq’s second-largest city, by the self-declared Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, according to a timeline of events created by Vox. With $500 million earmarked for the project, it was designed to replace an existing program led by the CIA. The United States hoped to train thousands of rebels to join the struggle against ISIS extremists. By April this year, according to Reuters, the cost of training had risen, with the administration now asking for $1.1 billion to fund the training program.

By July, the administration could no longer hide the many problems with the program. With half of the $500 initial budget already spent, only about 60 rebels had been successfully trained. Despite the very limited success, the administration hoped to “graduate” its first class of trainees, called Division 30, and planned to send them out into combat later that month.

However, before Division 30 even encountered ISIS forces, they were attacked by Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as the Nusra Front, an al-Qaida affiliate operating in Syria. According to multiple reports, U.S. officials seemed surprised at this attack, apparently expecting the al-Nusra to view Division 30, the U.S.-trained rebels, as allies.

Instead, during two separate attacks, al-Nusra fighters kidnapped Division 30’s leader and six other members, while several were killed. Despite U.S. air support, CBS News reported on Sunday that the remaining troops had disappeared or fled into Turkey, leaving Division 30 a total failure.

Given past failures and a report from Al-Jazeera News that the troops refused to fight al-Nusra and opposed air strikes, it’s even possible that some of the missing or kidnapped members have joined the al-Qaida affiliate. The U.S. has a long history of allies it trains turning into enemies or even terrorists, and there have been frequent reports of U.S. military equipment ending up in the hands of ISIS.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/tiny-force-of-moderate-syrian-rebels-trained-with-us-millions-scatter-on-first-mission/208534/

Archived