THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone watch Trump on 60 minutes?

Clevfan4life

I mean I still think he's a helpless muppet and his foreign policy ideas are going to get us in a world of shit. But...his domestic economic policies make sense. Only one problem, they've been what Democrats have been calling for like literally for years. Tax companies goods that move their manufacturing facilities out of the U.S? Yes absolutely yes. But nobody is saying hey that was tried before but republians shut that down. It violated their Randian like fantasies about a global free market economy. So he's right about a lot of shit and if he didn't have a faulty mouth filter in his brain I would seriously consider voting for him in the hopes that the senate/congress would check him on any stupid military excursions cause some dude made fun of his hair. Which I can absolutely see happening.

I liked the 60 minutes interview overall. (I didn't watch it, I skimmed over the transcript)

People like Trump for mostly these 2 reasons (IMO):

- He spends 90% of his time talking about DOMESTIC issues. Things that affect the homeland and people's lives. (What people care about)

- People think politicians are corrupt and willed by money (many are, likely including "outsider" Carly Fiorina)

Behind closed doors, Trump listens and doesn't interrupt according to the head of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

I think being worried about him having control over the military isn't a concern. Like I said, I think a big part of his blowhard bombastic personality is an act used to sell himself.

He is currently very weak on foreign policy. He told Hugh Hewitt he'd have a list of names "soon" of military/foreign policy advisors. That may help make people more comfortable. The fact Jeb! has W Jr's and W Sr's same military advisors should be enough to terrify everybody.

For now, plenty of time to determine if he's worth voting for. Really I'm curious to see some debates where there aren't 10+ people on stage. 4-5 would be nice to watch.

Archived