THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson and Trump, Rising and Falling, 20% and 21%

calfoxwc

I've already explained. It us the willful ignorance. He's purposely ignoring facts he disagrees with to prop up his personal beliefs. I wouldn't want that in a president.

Its a completely irrelevant matter. Not once in 250 years has the president been called on to explain why the world exists or how. The guy is a fucking neurosurgeon. I'm sure he understands science whether or not he believes in god or how the earth came to be. God is as good an explanation as the big bang which has plenty of holes on its own.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a completely irrelevant matter. Not once in 250 years has the president been called on to explain why the world exists or how. The guy is a fucking neurosurgeon. I'm sure he understands science whether or not he believes in god or how the earth came to be. God is as good an explanation as the big bang which has plenty of holes on its own.

You're getting too caught up on his beliefs. I'm concerned with how he got to his beliefs.

He doesn't just believe in divine intervention instead of the big bang or whatever. He beliefs in a 6,000 year old earth poofed into existence as we know it today.

To hold a belief like that, and to continue to stand by it, you have to be either ignorant or willfully ignorant. If he was just ignorant it may be a lack of education, which isn't his fault. But that's not the case, he's very educated. He just chooses to through that away to protect his personal beliefs.

Why would I want a president that ignores facts and evidence if those things happen to disagree with him? This doesn't even have to be religious. Just the willful ignorance in general.

After Dr. Carson reviewed in detail the evidence for design in nature, he concluded, I just dont have enough faith to believe that the living world happened by evolutionary processes. He added that 150 years after Darwin, there is still no evidence for evolution:

Its just not there. But when you bring that up to the proponents of Darwinism, the best explanation they can come up with is Welluhits lost!I find it requires too much faith for me to believe that explanation given all the fossils we have found without any fossilized evidence of the direct, step-by-step evolutionary progression from simple to complex organisms or from one species to another species. Shrugging and saying, Well, it was mysteriously lost, and well probably never find it, doesnt seem like a particularly satisfying, objective, or scientific response.

Carson concluded that the plausibility of evolution is further strained by Darwins assertion that within fifty to one hundred years of his time, scientists would become geologically sophisticated enough to find the fossil remains of the entire evolutionary tree in an unequivocal step-by-step progression of life from amoeba to man.

As a neurosurgeon, he stresses the factors that contribute to the failure to utilize fully the most amazing God-given resource, our brain, such as peer pressure and political correctness, which often limits our willingness, even as objective scientists, to have thoughtful, rational discussions about evolution versus creationism. It is even harder for him to accept how so many people who cant explain how evolution can account for all life claim that it is a fact, while at the same time insisting anyone who wants to consider or discuss creationism as a possibility cannot be a real scientist.

I see nothing outrageous or fitting to disqualify him for president in this. If you do I'd like you to point it out.

Based on what? That article you read above?

You realize there is a ton of evidence to support evolution, right? And to even consider saying it has the same level of evidence to support it as creationism is asinine, right?

But damn, choosing to defend Carsons young earth views is one way to defend his willful ignorance I guess. Maybe not the smartest choice, but you have every right to do it...

What I see is a guy who believes something and a logical reason for him to believe it. I myself don't believe it but I don't get my panties all wadded up toddling about quacking "willful ignorance" because the guy is a candidate who I feel could be an excellent trustworthy thoughtful president and you fucking want hillary clinton.

There's quite a fucking jump between archaeopteryx and living birds isn't there? If YOU expect people to believe that you had ought to have some in between evidence oughtnt you? I mean this proves there were some bird like dinosaurs not that dinosaurs became blue Jays. Modern apes are also human like. That's not hard evidence that they became human.

There's quite a fucking jump between archaeopteryx and living birds isn't there? If YOU expect people to believe that you had ought to have some in between evidence oughtnt you? I mean this proves there were some bird like dinosaurs not that dinosaurs became blue Jays. Modern apes are also human like. That's not hard evidence that they became human.

Well you gotta have faith.

;)

WSS

I will probably stay home this election. Once again, I am presented with a bunch of shitty options that I want no part of. I am a fiscally conservative, socially liberal atheist so I have no one to vote for.

No idea why this isn't where any major candidate stands.

I'm the same boat, social liberal economic/fiscal conservative.

It's 2015 and some of these guys are really out of touch socially

I vote for the one who seems to care the least about Kim Davis matters.

Evolution has evidence though, just saying.

BTW we found human fossils dating back to 150,000 years ago. Modern human, not including the neanderthal man and other varieties we've found.

Radiocarbon dating is inaccurate though, because it disagrees with my beliefs (it's actually deadly accurate)

I think this kind of thinking is dangerous, science and religion can cooperate - but some are still ignorant.

And bbedward speaking of ignorance which is a word faux superior douchebags love to throw around...if you read my previous posts I explicitly said I didn't agree with carson only that it's not a deal breaker for me. Why? Hillary Clinton. Hillary...Clinton...

I wasn't specifically saying anything about you, just saying.

I don't think any of Clinton's supporters educate themselves to the issues or her past.

If Bush/Clinton was the GE I'd stay home, otherwise I'll vote for whoever's not named Clinton.

What I see is a guy who believes something and a logical reason for him to believe it. I myself don't believe it but I don't get my panties all wadded up toddling about quacking "willful ignorance" because the guy is a candidate who I feel could be an excellent trustworthy thoughtful president and you fucking want hillary clinton.

and that logical reason being.... what exactly?

and when did I say I want Clinton?

I just want to make sure here, in your attempt to be right (or just to disagree with me...) you're taking the "anti-evolution" side? I just want to make sure I have that clear. Whether you are trolling, or being serious, this could quickly become another "black culture" moment...

I just want to make sure here, in your attempt to be right (or just to disagree with me...) you're taking the "anti-evolution" side? I just want to make sure I have that clear. Whether you are trolling, or being serious, this could quickly become another "black culture" moment...

Read the goddamn post you quoted directly above this one woody. Christ.

So...you can't disagree with this so you're going to go typical woody and argue something else aren't you? If you can't read, evaluate what you've read and understand it you're a moron. You dont have to agree with it but if you can't understand it I hope to god nothing you ever "engineer" comes in contact with a single living soul...because you're re tarded.

Read the goddamn post you quoted directly above this one woody. Christ.

"I myself don't believe it.." That's what I read...

But then again, I'm a bible thumping' gun-totin' backwoods redneck, that's just a dentist.... not a real doctor. And apparently the doctor thing now gets overlooked.

So...you can't disagree with this so you're going to go typical woody and argue something else aren't you? If you can't read, evaluate what you've read and understand it you're a moron. You dont have to agree with it but if you can't understand it I hope to god nothing you ever "engineer" comes in contact with a single living soul...because you're re tarded.

Oh god fuck off. I argue things that haven't been said? Hahahaha. Classic.

I got the part you don't believe in creationism. But you seem to be making the argument that Carson is taking a logical stance. You're making comments that sound like you think both options, the science we know so far vs a young earth creationist, are pretty equal. I strongly disagree with that. What exactly about his belief is logical? (as I asked before)

"I myself don't believe it.." That's what I read...

But then again, I'm a bible thumping' gun-totin' backwoods redneck, that's just a dentist.... not a real doctor. And apparently the doctor thing now gets overlooked.

... Do I really have to go through this again? And who called you a redneck?

Which of the Republican candidates would you vote for over her?

WSS

Would you rather get kicked in the balls or punched in the balls? Whichever one you choose, does that mean you "want" that one?

Rubio seems alright. It also seems like a clusterfuck of bodies right now. They're campaigning for the conservative vote right now, so it isn't really geared towards me. Financial maybe but not social.

We'll also have to see if anyone else rubs on the left.

Oh god fuck off. I argue things that haven't been said? Hahahaha. Classic.

I got the part you don't believe in creationism. But you seem to be making the argument that Carson is taking a logical stance. You're making comments that sound like you think both options, the science we know so far vs a young earth creationist, are pretty equal. I strongly disagree with that. What exactly about his belief is logical? (as I asked before)

I'm saying I understand his reasoning and what I want you to say is that you can understand it even if you don't believe it. That's all. I want you to look at the graphic from the Berkeley evolution libraries that I provided for you that is supposed to document the evolution from dinosaurs into birds and admit the gulf between the last two entries requires a leap of faith.

I'm saying I understand his reasoning and what I want you to say is that you can understand it even if you don't believe it. That's all. I want you to look at the graphic from the Berkeley evolution libraries that I provided for you that is supposed to document the evolution from dinosaurs into birds and admit the gulf between the last two entries requires a leap of faith.

Theres a sliding scale. "We need a small leap of faith in gaps we haven't yet discovered, but we have a mountain of other evidence to support it" does not equal "There's no scientific evidence for this whatsoever, but I have faith!"

Not to mention the whole age of the earth, universe thing.

I'm not saying the non-creationist side is 100% complete and has no remaining questions. I'm saying I see no logical reason to choose the creationist side in that argument.

The only way that happens, in my opinion, is ignorance. Either unintentional or willful. Ex, what Carson was saying about the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

And again, how the earth was actually created has very little or no effect on a presidency. I'm concerned with how Carson got to that conclusion and if he'll use similar reasoning on things that will have a direct affect on me.

Would you rather get kicked in the balls or punched in the balls? Whichever one you choose, does that mean you "want" that one?

Rubio seems alright. It also seems like a clusterfuck of bodies right now. They're campaigning for the conservative vote right now, so it isn't really geared towards me. Financial maybe but not social.

We'll also have to see if anyone else rubs on the left.

Well that's a fair answer but you could have answered neither one as to the balls question. I was just curious as to whether or not there was any Republican who you would vote for today against Hillary Clinton. You can sit the vote out if you choose.

Among the possible Democrats I prefer Joe Biden to the others but I don't know if I vote for him over the Republican candidate. Depends. And I understand that's a cop out on my part.

WSS

And to tell you the truth I don't think Hillary would be that bad a choice. Is she a crook? Is she a liar? No doubt. But she is probably dishonest enough do not carry out her hardcore left-wing rhetoric should she get the job.

Her husband was more willing to compromise with the right then Obama has been.

WSS

Archived