THE BROWNS BOARD

Kid arrested for making clock

gftChris

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Meme Nails What the Media Won’t Tell You About the Digital Clock That Caused a Muslim Student to Get Arrested

by Top Right News on September 18, 2015 in Uncategorized

by Bill Callen | Top Right News

Earlier this week, a Muslim boy was arrested in Texas after an English teacher turned him into the principal for having a suspicious case, fearing it could be a bomb.

Turns out it was a “homemade” digital clock, essentially a plug-in WalMart clock disassembled and attached inside a large pencil case that resembled a briefcase.

Immediately, progressive race-baiters immediately started salivating over the incident, chomping at the bit to start tossing out the “racist” label as quickly as possible, to try and politicize the incident and bash all those involved as “Islamphobic”.

In reality, they just want to expand the voter base, but hey, no big deal, right?

A lot of folks jumped to the boy’s defense claiming the case obviously looked like a clock, not a bomb. This meme, from Mike Cantrell of YC, pretty much shoots that defense to pieces. Take a look.

clocks.jpg

And another:

clocks2.jpg

Yeah. After taking a look at this comparison, I can totally understand the reason why the teacher and police were incredibly concerned about what the boy had, although I do think folks might have overreacted a tad, especially once they discovered this was only a clock.

Still, the fact people on the left are trying to turn this into a race thing is ridiculous. Young men, regardless of race and religion, get treated like this at school all the time now.

How many stories have you read about boys getting tossed out of school for doing something silly like pretending to use their finger as a laser gun, or the 7-year old who was suspended for 2 weeks for chewing his Pop Tart into the shape of a pistol?

Boy-Hurt-By-Pop-Tart-Gun-Insanity.jpg

It’s become par for the course in our modern education system.

But you didn’t see the Pop Tart kid get invited to the White House…and you know darned well why Ahmed was.

Of course, a big reason for many schools going nuts and being hypersensitive is a result of liberalism.

That being said, the teacher did the right thing. What if the student would’ve actually had a bomb, but because someone didn’t want to appear “racist,” didn’t check it out and innocent kids died? Then people would be complaining that nothing was done.

At the end of the day, these folks made the right call, deciding to err on the side of caution, even though they may have went too far at the end.

H/T Reddit

Sponsored by RevContent

I think most people, seeing what he brought in to school, would struggle to immediately identify it as a clock. So the first alternative is bomb? OK, sure, I can buy that. Very high tensions since 9/11. So the police are called? OK, if you think someone has a bomb, that makes sense. So the police arrive. But then, apparently, they see clearly it's not a bomb:

"The officers pretty quickly determined that they weren't investigating an explosive device," [

Irving Police Chief Larry Boyd] said.

"What their investigation centered around is the law violation of bringing a device into a facility like that that is intended to create a level of alarm. In other words, a hoax bomb — something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid.”

So they arrest him anyway, because it's a hoax bomb?

Meanwhile, white british kid makes nuclear reactor, celebrated (rightly).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10679744/British-schoolboy-13-becomes-youngest-to-build-nuclear-fusion-reactor.html

Making a clock isn't a great feat of electrical engineering. I applaud him for starting somewhere but again he's smart and also dumb. He definitely should have known better to bring this thing into school without advace notifying the school. Have you liberals not been shitting your pants over school shootings and such since 1999?

Making a clock isn't a great feat of electrical engineering. I applaud him for starting somewhere but again he's smart and also dumb. He definitely should have known better to bring this thing into school without advace notifying the school. Have you liberals not been shitting your pants over school shootings and such since 1999?

Just shootings because they involve guns. Bombs are just fine.

this is interesting.

pro-muslim dicktator invites clock maker kid to the WH...

but draw a picture of a gun, or chew a pop tart into one...

obamao woud have them sent to the cooler for 30 days.

Do they refuse to back down from Islamic dominance rhetoric, denounce terrorism or attempt to downplay the violent extremism? Then they are no good.

and while waiting for those so called peaceful muslims to speak up and denounce the same - you or I are called bigots to think otherwise....

a built in gotcha from our liberal friends!

Archived