THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Chance For A Trade Down

BrownsFan17

I keep hearing sportscasters talk about our best chance for a trade down is if the QBs don't go in the top 5. Well, I believe we have a much better chance if Patrick Peterson falls to us. San Fran would snatch him up in a heartbeat so we would be the perfect spot to trade up to. The question is who might be willing to make that move and what should we expect to get in return?

I think Dallas would be a perfect trade partner. They need DB help badly.

Forgive me if someone has already posted something similar, I haven't been around in a couple of weeks.

-Shelly

This is tough, what is San Fran gonna give us for Peterson? Same goes for Dallas. Cause their 1st rounder + a random starter is nowehere near enough.

I was looking at the draft chart and, assuming it's accurate, it looks like we would get a third? to move down to the #9 spot.

This is tough, what is San Fran gonna give us for Peterson? Same goes for Dallas. Cause their 1st rounder + a random starter is nowehere near enough.

And impossible. With no new CBA teams can only trade draft picks. Honestly if Peterson is there, unless we trade back and back and get at least a second rounder (using the fact that this is the best player in the draft to get more out of a team) I don't think that it's worth it. I would just prefer Peterson.

Yeah im asumming Dallas would have to give us a 3rd round pick to move up but really would you rather have another 3rd round pick or take Peterson...If we traded back to 9 i guess the people we would be looking at would be Quinn,Cam Jordan and Julio Jones

Yeah im asumming Dallas would have to give us a 3rd round pick to move up but really would you rather have another 3rd round pick or take Peterson...If we traded back to 9 i guess the people we would be looking at would be Quinn,Cam Jordan and Julio Jones NW220

I believe trading back to nine, we give up Peterson, and we'd be looking at J.J. Watt, Jones, or Prince Akasometingmura.

Or, we'd be looking at trading down a second time, and really racking up some great picks, and we could still get a very good DE/DL like Watts if he's still there...

or Kerrigan....or Prince... or Jones....

I wish the draft was here already. GGG

Agree but i wouldnt wanna take Watt at number 9 he does everything well but nothing spectulcar and considering you may be able to grab him say late teens its sort of a reach, id be all for trading back a second time and then grabbing him...But if were at the #9 spot look for Robert Quinn to be the guy if hes not already gone had a tremendous pro day and isnt getting outta the top 10

I keep hearing sportscasters talk about our best chance for a trade down is if the QBs don't go in the top 5. Well, I believe we have a much better chance if Patrick Peterson falls to us. San Fran would snatch him up in a heartbeat so we would be the perfect spot to trade up to. The question is who might be willing to make that move and what should we expect to get in return?

I think Dallas would be a perfect trade partner. They need DB help badly.

Forgive me if someone has already posted something similar, I haven't been around in a couple of weeks.

-Shelly

If Peterson is available I would only consider a trade down for a really good deal. You dont trade out of the top player in the draft for an extra 2nd rounder or something. I would need a fantastic deal if not take Peterson.

Yeah but i think other teams are gonna be relucant to give up say more than a 3rd round say Dallas to move up 3 spots, if it were Detriot or Minnestoa id defentily need a 2nd and a 4th at least, but then again id probaly just take Peterson unless Heckert has someone else Rated really high on his draft board that he thinks he can land a lil bit later in the draft...

This isn't the year to trade down.

Overall, this is a fairly weak draft. As it stands we are in line to get one of the few really top prospects.

If we move down very far, we are in line to get a player who isn't all that much better then the players who will be there in round 3.

If Peterson is there, you take him and thank your lucky stars.

This isn't the year to trade down.

Overall, this is a fairly weak draft. As it stands we are in line to get one of the few really top prospects.

If we move down very far, we are in line to get a player who isn't all that much better then the players who will be there in round 3.

If Peterson is there, you take him and thank your lucky stars.

I totally agree with your last sentence.

The overall weakness of the draft INVITES trading down, but IMHO, only IF Peterson & Green are gone. I don't think you can duplicate their abilities & value for us further back in the draft. If they're gone, a trade down becomes attractive....at least to me, but I'm no Heckert, so we'll see what takes place on draft day(s).

Mike

Finally, people who share my sentiments.

I'm all for trading down. But it would also need to be a really deep draft in combination with a hell of a deal to just up and snatch our draft pick like that.

A first and a third rounder isn't worth it. Some people are delusional.

Dear SF and Dallas,

If you want to draft Patrick Peterson so bad, you'll need the #6 pick. You'll need to trade us 2 solid starters, your 1st, your 3rd and 10 million dollars. We accept cheques.

The Browns.

Finally, people who share my sentiments.

I'm all for trading down. But it would also need to be a really deep draft in combination with a hell of a deal to just up and snatch our draft pick like that.

A first and a third rounder isn't worth it. Some people are delusional.

Dear SF and Dallas,

If you want to draft Patrick Peterson so bad, you'll need the #6 pick. You'll need to trade us 2 solid starters, your 1st, your 3rd and 10 million dollars. We accept cheques.

The Browns.

Yeah the only problem is in this draft because of the CBA you cant only trade draft picks, no players are allowed to be traded..

I guess if it was SF id take there 2nd round pick to move back just one selection but really i dont know if i would Peteson is to much of a talent to not get anything in return..The other picks would not equal is caliber

I totally agree with your last sentence.

The overall weakness of the draft INVITES trading down, but IMHO, only IF Peterson & Green are gone. I don't think you can duplicate their abilities & value for us further back in the draft. If they're gone, a trade down becomes attractive....at least to me, but I'm no Heckert, so we'll see what takes place on draft day(s).

Mike

I don't think trading down will be hard...there are 6-7 top prospects. As good as any other year for the most part.

I'd rather just get one of them since after them it drops pretty quickly.

Some years, you are able to select first round talent in round 2. Others it is 2nd round talent by pick 15.....I am afraid this is one of those years.

Yeah ive seen alot of Niner Fans who are so excitied that they are gonna be able to land Patrick Peterson and i have to tell them its a cold day in hell the the Browns wont select him, in which they tell me we are gonna take a D-Lineman and i tell them that Heckert drafts BPA and if Peterson is there you can kiss him goodbye...

So if you Dallas Or SF and you really want him you better offer a deal the Browns cant refuse

Yeah ive seen alot of Niner Fans who are so excitied that they are gonna be able to land Patrick Peterson and i have to tell them its a cold day in hell the the Browns wont select him, in which they tell me we are gonna take a D-Lineman and i tell them that Heckert drafts BPA and if Peterson is there you can kiss him goodbye...

So if you Dallas Or SF and you really want him you better offer a deal the Browns cant refuse

The draft isn't deep? I'm not saying it's a top tier draft from start to finish and there have been drafts more talent laden. However there are A LOT of top tier D-lineman, some solid o-line man. A few good QB's, several solid WR's etc, etc, etc. I don't believe this draft is weak at all and wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers trade down. (Although their pick is much later) If the Browns can trade down and get good value I don't see why not, especially considering the d-line prospects which last I checked is a team need for the Browns.

Archived