THE BROWNS BOARD

5 prominent authors discuss parallels with communism...and Islam

calfoxwc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what people believe...

The problem with a majority Muslims/Islam is that they want to legislate THEIR beliefs on everyone else. They treat women like shit, they give gays no rights, blasphemy can get you killed, adultery is punishable by death, and they ALSO want you to pay them through their religion. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Yemen, etc practice these concepts quite often. 78% of British Muslims believe the Danish Cartoonist should be jailed for offending Mohammed. Dude that's not fucking democracy or freedom. It's savagery.

If you want to sit in your god damn living and pray to mecca, got for it but once you step out into society and start demanding things/special law/etc is where I have a problem.

I am a firm believer in serration of church and state.

And here is the verse from the Quran that opposes communism:

Zuhruf/32

Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks, so that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord is better than the (wealth) which they amass.

Also, since Islam requires those with the means to give alms to the poor, it is obvious then that Islam expects that some people will have more wealth than others. So these claims don't hold water when the most fundemental aspect of communism is opposed by Islam.

Sadly Bernard Lewis fails to mention that the first Muslim leader after Mohammed was elected democratically, and also fails to mention that The world's third largest democracy is a Muslim nation. He, of course, fails to mention these things on purpose.

Thanks, Os, I was hoping you'd chime in.

I don't get it. WHY, oh, WHY is the Koran so apt

to be taken so different directions by believers?

Sure, Christians have bickering over works/salvation, and tithing,

and baptism, etc etc etc.

But groups all over the world thinking it's some kind of a license

to murder, torture, and commit all kinds of other crimes against humanity?

Seriously. How can the Koran be taken in such polarizing directions, not even

remotely resembling the other?

Thanks, Os, I was hoping you'd chime in.

I don't get it. WHY, oh, WHY is the Koran so apt

to be taken so different directions by believers?

Seriously. How can the Koran be taken in such polarizing directions, not even

remotely resembling the other?

The first answer is because most of the believers don't actually read it either because many are illiterate and instead let others interested in controlling people digest it and vomit their own warped interpreations for them. The second answer is even those that do read it don't necessarily have the ability to discern what is a story vs. what is instruction. The third answer is to always be mindful that the over-reporting of Islamic terrorism and under-reporting of non-Islamic terrorism creates a perception that Islam is more "evil" and "guilty" than other religions. As I mentioned countless times, FBI statistics show only 6% of terrorism is committed by Muslims. Unfortunately, that 6% is enough to fill all the news cycles. The fourth answer is to realize that religion isn't always the impetus for evil deeds, even if people claim that it is.

If I had to weigh the absolute atrocities reported by the American media committed in the name of Islam and the deeds of "moderate" muslims and judge I'd decree Islam to be evil and guilty.

There, corrected it for you. I think you are too smart to be a parrot for Fox News. :)

FYI I don't watch the news except what's on PBS after sesame Street ends at 6:30 and I'd definitely call that left leaning. All news is from the Internet and there's just not many stories about the Christians jews and Hindus slaughtering mass amounts of people in the name of God, Jesus or lord vishnu

The proof is in the pudding. Go to Google news. Are there any top stories about Christian, jewish, Hindu or Buddhist terrorists? No? Are there any about muslim terrorists? Yes.

That proves nothing other than what I already stated, and that the Western news agencies are more adept at ensuring their stories rank higher in Googles's search algorithm. Are you refuting the FBI's statistics that only 6% of terror attacks are committed by Muslims? Not have I only posted these stats multiple times, I posted links that showed how tens of thousands of Muslims were being killed by Christians and Buddhists in CAR and Myanmar. These stories have bigger death tolls than Charlie Hebdo and get none of the press in the West.

People here apparently have selective vision as well because these facts are continually dodged.

Os, that 6% stat is just for terrorist acts in the U.S. I am sure if you were to look globally that the numbers would shift strongly towards Islam. I am not dog piling but you have to admit that the vast majority of awful things that happen across the world can be attributed to people claiming to be Muslims. You can argue whether or not they are following the teachings etc. but that doesn't change what they are claiming. I know lots of peaceful Muslims living the U.S. I believe the key thing is "living in the U.S.".

It appears that if you go to just about any other spot in the world and the root motivator for insane behavior from insane people tends to be Islam. I tend to think that all religions are dummy fodder but Islam in particular seems to attract dummies with an axe to grind.

Let's just throw terrorism away for a moment. Medieval Islamic armies are currently waging wars of attrition on everyone they see all across the middle east and chunks of africa. that's not necessarily terrorism but it is muslims. Muslims are raping their way through out Europe. And murdering. Sorry if that hurts your ass but it's reality. Muslims are going to be treated badly until they assert themselves against the radical elements that people associate with them outside of wagging a finger.

So I looked up myanmar and there is indeed a Buddhist monk speaking out against muslims but there's no mention of the genocide you speak of.

As for Charlie Hebdo that's nothing. A drop in the hat. The atrocities are happening in syria, iraq, lebanon, Nigeria. That's real aggression. Real genocide.

If you look through history there have been quite a few "christian wars" either internal(such as against protestants) or against other religions\races(ie crusades) the biggest difference today in Western cultures is we have moved away from religion being a major part of government, some would argue this has made us less "morale". However a lot of the Middle Eastern countries still have religion tied to their government either directly(Iran) or have a major influence in their day to day(Saudi Arabia).

If you look through history there have been quite a few "christian wars" either internal(such as against protestants) or against other religions\races(ie crusades) the biggest difference today in Western cultures is we have moved away from religion being a major part of government, some would argue this has made us less "morale". However a lot of the Middle Eastern countries still have religion tied to their government either directly(Iran) or have a major influence in their day to day(Saudi Arabia).

The crusades were precipitated by muslim attacks on Christian pilgrims to the Holy lands. They started as wars of muslim aggression not the other way around.

The crusades were precipitated by muslim attacks on Christian pilgrims to the Holy lands the Turks closing of Jerusalem and Palestine to the West and pushing the decaying Byzantium empire back. They started as wars of muslim Turks aggression not the other way around.

Before the Turks took control of Palestine(the Holy Land) muslims allowed other faiths access, but the Turks took control of this area and closed it off. Setting in motion the crusades.

And turks are...?

The Turks were not Muslims at the time that the first Crusade was initiated. They were called the Seljuqs and when they conquered Jerusalem from the Muslim Fatimid empire(which had been tolerant of the Christian pilgrims), they also happened to be at war with the Byzantine empire. This made it dangerous for pilgrims to travel to Jerusalem.

There were many other causes, most of which have to do with European society and politics of the time.

Source:http://www.the-orb.net/textbooks/nelson/first_crusade.html

The Turks were not Muslims at the time that the first Crusade was initiated. They were called the Seljuqs and when they conquered Jerusalem from the Muslim Fatimid empire(which had been tolerant of the Christian pilgrims), they also happened to be at war with the Byzantine empire. This made it dangerous for pilgrims to travel to Jerusalem.

There were many other causes, most of which have to do with European society and politics of the time.

Source:http://www.the-orb.net/textbooks/nelson/first_crusade.html

Look I think all of you realize I'm almost the most tolerant guy on the board as far as Islam goes.

Still I think it's embarrassing to reach so far as to try to balance the scales Of modern day terrorism and barbarism by going back to the Crusades.

Just like bringing up abortion clinic bombings by Christians. How many people have been killed in abortion clinics? I mean adults.

WSS

Look I think all of you realize I'm almost the most tolerant guy on the board as far as Islam goes.

Still I think it's embarrassing to reach so far as to try to balance the scales Of modern day terrorism and barbarism by going back to the Crusades.

Just like bringing up abortion clinic bombings by Christians. How many people have been killed in abortion clinics? I mean adults.

WSS

It's OK to kill people for Christian beliefs. ;)

Uh no. Don't play the fool.

Thousands of atrocities in modern day. Vs atrocities hundreds or thousands of years ago. Thousands of atrocities cross the world vs two or three people killed at abortion clinics. If that many.

WSS

what's the difference if the atrocities took place yesterday or 500 years ago? Killing people for religious reasons, regardless if it's a Christian belief or a Muslim belief, is dumb IMO.

Archived