THE BROWNS BOARD

State of the Union

WalterWhite

I know the bits tied to education revolved around tax code reform and the vast majority of it came from the top 0.1%, then 1% then 5%.

I watched it on youtube. There were graphs and charts about what he was talking about on the side. Was regular broadcast television like that?

It is just political fuckery. He knows none of it will get past the house and senate. He can promise everything under the sun, the plebs get excited, and he doesn't have to deliver.

Exactly. He can promise to pass out all the free shit he wants here in his lame duck session. All the shit he could have passed out his first two years when he had both houses on his side but... Now it's child's play make the promises and blame the Congress and the senate.

I think all state of the union dresses are bullshit but the empty suit really takes things a step beyond. Probably because his apostles are more than a little bit stupid.

WSS

Free community college

Tax cut of up to $3,000 per year per child for working families

More slots in government-funded daycare

Helping states pass paid leave laws

Raise the minimum wage

Infrastructure plan to upgrade ports, internet access, bridges, and trains

Precision Medicine Initiative to help cure diseases like cancer and diabetes

Free community college- Instead of free, they should be looking at ways to decrease the overall cost of college(won't get passed republicans)

Tax cut of up to $3,000 per year per child for working families- Lower taxes(doesn't everyone promise this in one way or the other) republicans will probably want it extended to include more than the middle class but has a decent chance to pass

More slots in government-funded daycare- Not a bad idea to encourage lower middle class families to have both parents working

Helping states pass paid leave laws- Good

Raise the minimum wage- Bad idea, and republicans will never approve

Infrastructure plan to upgrade ports, internet access, bridges, and trains- Great....but where is the money going to come from?

Precision Medicine Initiative to help cure diseases like cancer and diabetes- Shouldn't this have been in Obama Care ;)

Didn't he also push to increase the military force used against ISIS?

cut and pasted from a Washington Post article so...

the other article about his legacy was from Al Jazeera.

I can imagine the windfall for the community colleges.

WSS

I'll have to double check yesterday, I just thought that was how he worded it during the SOTU

I didn't watch one second of it, and I never do, because no matter who is speaking, it's almost all BS.

I did hear him say he already won 2 elections. They kept playing it on WKNR this morning, that was funny

Also I heard Boehner was in full tan mode

In the end though it's just invisible culture. From low income inner cities to the invisible homeland in Invisibleca. Over generations and generations, vastly different environments, etc. Unless they're lucky enough to adapt Visible culture.

It is all about integration. There are other invisbilities who seem to be doing just fine.

"I can imagine the windfall for the community colleges".

One of the CT Education Gurus called this proposal a potential 'game changer' for a certain class of students.

I believe it will be a 'game changer' for all those aspiring Teachers and Administrators.

CHA CHING, CHA CHING, CHA CHING

Disclaimer: My wife is a Public School Educator

It is all about integration. There are other invisbilities who seem to be doing just fine.

Not all of those invisibilities share the same circumstances. Many invisibles are doing fine, and many visible are doing terrible. I think this is because of similar situations financially, environmentally, etc as opposed to just some "culture" all those with certain opacity are claimed to have. That doesn't change the stats, or excuse the behavior, but we need to relate gangsta thug Transparentahs with visible trash opaque necks...

.... Fuck this is getting rough

I like Obama's intentions and charisma but where does he intend on getting this money to pay for all these genius plans?

Taxing the rich? Stripping the military? you know, things that R's hate.

Just like Congress now will try to give the rich tax breaks, and try to go to war somewhere, things that D's hate

It an endless cycle of stupidity.

Archived