THE BROWNS BOARD

Of course, it turns out that Sarah Palin was smart and correct about drilling

calfoxwc

So, for all the bashers who said she was stupid, and "hahahahahha" over

"drill, baby, drill"...

seems she was smart, where the basher dems libs...were dumb.

Which makes ObaMao a real dumbass president, eh?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/13/dems-change-tune-after-mocking-gop-for-drill-baby-drill/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

sometimes it's hard to make heads or tails of these posts. Yes, at $4.00 a gallon more supply makes sense - especially if you had more refinery capacity. But this doesn't reflect the current market, or does it?

I do believe that we should be energy independent, and I do believe that the Keystone XL pipeline would be a good idea.

Outside of that, the recent price drops are due to the Saudis drastically dropping the price/barrel. This is not the first time, they did this in the mid 1980s, kept price/barrel below the wildcatters break even point for about a year and drove small outfit US production out of business for quite some time.

Many of the frackers are already feeling the pinch, as are the Soviets. Perhaps the Saudis will really piss Putin off, and we could see what a real, no holds barred "War For Oil" would look like.

Barring that, I would willingly pay a bit more for gas and have a heavy tarrif put on Saudi Oil and keep US oil afloat.

Yeah, the drop in price is hurting the American oil frackers...

it costs American oil production more per barrel, significantly.

The Saudis probably use slaves to run their oil production,

it's so low a cost.

What time is the parade to celebrate partially being right?

Increased oil production in the US and Canada is just one of many thing causing oil prices to drop.

Less demand in Western countries as they move to better fuel efficiency, increase oil production in US and Canada, countries like Libya and Iraq still able to produce despite regional conflicts, weakening demand in China due to economic slow downs, and then add to that OPEC deciding to maintain oil production levels because if they lowered it, it would hurt them and help countries like Iran, Russia, and Venezuela that is their competition. Here is a good(bit long) read http://www.vox.com/2014/12/16/7401705/oil-prices-falling

While lower prices will hurt companies that are trying to expand into more areas(fracking, etc) it will help the overall US economy more, which will drive demand back up.

"drill, baby, drill"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/13/dems-change-tune-after-mocking-gop-for-drill-baby-drill/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

Never said she was stupid. She is just a dumb whore and I suck balls.

Not to take a political stance here.....I believe the price of oil is down because the Arabs don't want shale oils and sand oils to be exploited. It isn't in their interest.

Look back. How did John D corner the market? Anywhere a competing gas station went up he either built one on the other corner and/or cut his prices to a loss level.

That is what is going on here. The Arabs are pumping at breakneck speed to shut down competition and close down the XL pipeline. They don't want the billions of gallons of Canadian oil sands oil to hit the market. They know it costs more to produce, but can be produced for less then what was being regulated by OPEC.

I think OPC has finally found their price elasticity point. I think we will find gas at around $2 a gallon for a good long while, and that is fair in my book. $20 for 10 gallons......10 gallons moves most needles 3/4 of the way up. That covers most weekly commutes.

My favorite thing about Sarah Palin is that she pisses off the left so badly. They go absolutely berserk.

Outside of that I don't think she's anything special.

WSS

I'm not sure who pisses off the left more, Palin or Bachmann.

Heh they do hate both of them, don't they? And it's hilarious how the liberal outrage about using the terms bitch, broad, cunt etc seems to escape them when discussing these women.

WSS

Then again, if any women were deserving of the names... ;)

Seriously though, if you were to draw up the archetypal republican woman, it would be these two.

Then again, if any women were deserving of the names... ;)

Seriously though, if you were to draw up the archetypal republican woman, it would be these two.

well they are Republican women no doubt. I think Sarah Palin's bad reputation is due in large part to caricatures. Like Chevy Chase portraying Gerald Ford. But as for either one I find them less ridiculous than Debbie Wasserman Schultz or Maxine Waters.

WSS

Edit

well they are Republican women no doubt. I think Sarah Palin's bad reputation is due in large part to caricatures. Like Chevy Chase portraying Gerald Ford. But as for either one I find them less ridiculous than Debbie Wasserman Schultz or Maxine Waters.

(personally I was a big fan of Bernadine Healy and Jean Kirkpatrick)

WSS

"drill, baby, drill"...

Cal you do understand that the huge drop in oil is to rub Putin out of Russia right? Oil has to be closing in on $100 for Russia to make money...or at least the kind of money that Putin has gotten used to throwing around the world at various "friends of the party". No more no less. NOthing to do with anything dumbass Palin had to say years ago.

nope. Opec isn't trying to screw over the Russians, they would be

screwing themselves over in the process.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Gas-Prices/The-Reason-for-the-Fall-in-Gas-Prices.html

That article is over a year old.

Why wasn't gas $2 when that article was posted?

Yeah, the cost per barrel here, is a lot higher than in russia, where they probably have

child labor...@@

it is pretty low for opec nations, which probably only pay their employees with a new prayer rug

once a month or something...

my point is that it costs the Russians X amount of dollars to get it out of the ground probably the same as the Saudis. The Russians, however, really need the income so all that does is cut into their profit. For us our production costs are higher and there is a point at which it cost us as much to reduce it as they sell theirss for.

The Ruskies still make a profit at that price but not nearly as much. So I'd imagine they are pissed.

WSS

Archived