THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerbil Peppers tests positive ...

LondonBrown

According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:

"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

Oh hey, look at me starting threads on peppers again. Since I'm the only one that brings him up...

If it was weed, he's an idiot, and I hope he learns his lesson. With him going through all he has (father in jail, older brother murdered, doing all of this for his mom) I'd hope he'd know better. But people make dumb mistakes.

If it was truthfully a diluted sample from pounding Gatorades to combat illness and cramps, that's unfortunate.

Either way, it is going to cost him. He'll probably fall out of the first. Someone is going to get a hell of a steal in the second though.

It should be obvious that he and Foster were in a water machinegun fight at point blank range (have you seen those things?-had my grandson's birthday party Sat. and those things are awesome in a waterfight). :D

Since things come in threes, someone owes us one...

We could start a pool... I'll take MSU's McDowell for a Big 10 trifecta...

Buncha no good thugs playing in the B1G...

Hey! They're VERY good...

Per Bill Polian: "NO ONE who has ever tested positive for drugs at the combine has ever been successful in the NFL". He limited that statement to just "the combine", but it is what it is.

Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Justin Houston, Telvin Smith, etc. seem to have done and currently are doing o.k.

Polian might have been exaggerating just a fuzz.

Also he tested for a diluted sample, which is treated like a failed test. He didn't test positive for any substance. Though I realize it's easier for many on here to just say "Peppers tested positive!"

Well, as I understand it, the NFL considers that a positive test. They have suspended players for it from what I recall.

Good news, we can land him with the 1st pick in the 2nd round

Right, what if they free fall?.......Ill take the diluted talent behind door #2 please.......2.1 Foster.......2.20 The gerbil.....

Id do it in a hot second....

Right, what if they free fall?.......Ill take the diluted talent behind door #2 please.......2.1 Foster.......2.20 The gerbil.....

Id do it in a hot second....

Your big winner in all this? Adoree Jackson :). Sounds like getting up from 33 for a 5th year option QB. may cost almost the same as a few spots up from 12? Damn Combine water/ meet "the hot dog waters" of Peppers..Tour, your on the hook diluting waters from Michigan to Indy B)

After Manziel & Gordon, I don't think our FO will be forcing the issue on guys collecting strikes before they even get in the NFL.

The Harvard Committee has now got to start producing WINS. Can't do it with guys failing drug tests.

After Manziel & Gordon, I don't think our FO will be forcing the issue on guys collecting strikes before they even get in the NFL.

The Harvard Committee has now got to start producing WINS. Can't do it with guys failing drug tests.

Manziel and Gordon both had red flags before ever getting close to the NFL.

Interesting development on NFL Insiders today...

The NCAA tests players after their bowl games.

So Foster was tested after his.

Was Peppers? He "skipped" his bowl game.

Manziel and Gordon both had red flags before ever getting close to the NFL.

Yep.....lots of em.....and they werent just water

I doubt he's still around at pick 52

Me too....but if he was.....Id bite

Interesting development on NFL Insiders today...

The NCAA tests players after their bowl games.

So Foster was tested after his.

Was Peppers? He "skipped" his bowl game.

No no no. This isn't some "development".

Let's say your theory is right. Pepper's skipped the bowl game so he doesn't get tested. Then why does he get dressed and attempt to warm up, show signs he's injured, and then be told he needs to go to the booth. Why go through all of that? Why not just say he doesn't want to play for fear of injury, the same thing other high profile players did?

yeah and the more i read about this "dilute" stuff i'm really at a loss. I mean some dude pounds gatorade and the NCAA detects that they charge the player with attempting to hide something. Well last I checked you could pound gatorade till it's comin out yer asshole and you're still gonna test for any PED or Marijuana. So i don't get it.

In a nutshell, there's chemicals that the average healthy person expels regularly. The concentrations are usually within a range that rather predictable to a mean metabolic rate. So a person eating an drinking normally will have urine measurably heavier than water due to these compounds the body passes thru urine. I believe it's specific gravity, which measure the 'density' of a fluid or gas telative to water.

If you diluted, your basically pissing water...Diluting, referring to reducing the concentration of THC (also creatine, which tips off the labs, and everything else for that matter) in your stream. It takes a massive amount of water to piss dilute....I can say that from experience.

I don't buy it cause I've been there, but the caveat here is that everyone is different. Metabolic rates have an effect on the test.

No no no. This isn't some "development".

Let's say your theory is right. Pepper's skipped the bowl game so he doesn't get tested. Then why does he get dressed and attempt to warm up, show signs he's injured, and then be told he needs to go to the booth. Why go through all of that? Why not just say he doesn't want to play for fear of injury, the same thing other high profile players did?

So.... was he tested?

https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/856659264110292992

Well Joe Thomas has had a diluted sample before.

Yeah, but we know Joe's a stoner... just look at him. Plus who could possibly fish as much as he does without a little mood enhancer?

Here's the thing... All NFL players know they will tested at some point during Training Camp... so you don't smoke the couple months prior to reporting.

Then once you test negative you are free to blaze for another 9 months... just not in public... definitely not when you're being recorded. \

Oh.... and never transport any in your vehicle... not even "for a friend."

I have no idea if he was, because I don't know at one point he's tested. I'm just saying the theory he said he was injured so he could skip a test has a ton of giant holes in it.

Joe can't smoke, but Peppers obviously does? Based on appearance?

Archived