THE BROWNS BOARD

Foster failed drug test

htownbrown

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Diluted sample."

Still on my board since he called me to explain...

Only ever eaten one reuben and it was in Cleveland, I still think it's possibly the best thing I have ever eaten. I did say no sauerkraut beforehand though, fuck that German shit....

Dude! It ain't a reuben without the kraut! It's just a grilled corned beef and swiss!

I hope you at least did the 1000-island dressing dips...

"Diluted sample."

Still on my board since he called me to explain...

Dude! It ain't a reuben without the kraut! It's just a grilled corned beef and swiss!

sure in round 2...

Ray Lewis killed a guy.. Tunsil looked like a fool, Not Now.. Shane Ray had some in a ashtray in DC. They seem to have tackled their problem on & off the field..Just don't get stupid..You will be tested..Straight into Rogers Drug program..G :o:o D LUCK!! (why do playoff teams still get better drafting late?Here's your sign..)

Ray Lewis killed a guy.. Tunsil looked like a fool, Not Now.. Shane Ray had some in a ashtray in DC. They seem to have tackled their problem on & off the field..Just don't get stupid..You will be tested..Straight into Rogers Drug program..G :o:o D LUCK!! (why do playoff teams still get better drafting late?Here's your sign..)

To this point, how much better are we for taking Gordon?

Oh, erm, I think it had that dressing on it. In hindsight I may just have had a corned beef and cheese sandwich, still, I'll take the memory

To this point, how much better are we for taking Gordon?

For a season Gordon was the best in the league..Than he got stupid on the test :huh: of telling him when his test was going to happen..over 40% of players can pass a drug test. They know when it's coming..Just pass being Stupid..Sure, Foster lost money today. but what he does about it next is all on him..I pull for people just like this. I myself was young & dumb. but than came a good job, a wife, 3 children..Being stupid can stop all by yourself.millions or not..I did it on my own for over 35 years now..Now where's my legal beer? :lol:

Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?

You drink enough water to saturate your urine, diluting out the contaminates so they will be less concentrated.

it can also mean adding chemicals to the sample or taking diuretics or other drugs to mask the urine or produce a diluted sample.

SOP for this is retesting in an hour and the most likely reasoning is that he was intentionally trying to hide something.

Though it is possible that it was accidental IE he was nervous and drank too much water. Unfortunately he was kicked out of the combine for threatening violence against the staff. likely the same staff doing this particular testing.

Now instead of just popping hot for THC he has a diluted sample as his only sample which is much more likely to be an attempt at hiding something than it is to be a anomaly combined with the fact he lost his chance to retest because of his attitude problems. It all adds up to serious character issues. What if he were hiding Cocaine or Methamphetamine or Prescription Pills. These are now a possibility that teams need to consider when drafting foster as some of the worse case scenarios.

I would feel A LOT better about drafting Foster if it were just a Pot failure.

Considering that gordon's 2013 season was better than any season a vast majority of our 1st rd picks have ever logged.... out I'm ok with the 2nd they dropped on him.

While that is indisputable, would you spend the 2nd again knowing you will only get 1 year out of the guy?

I guess I don't see how in the world a diluted sample can be counted as a positive. I mean, I drink a BUNCH of water every day, and I'm pretty sure my sample would be diluted. Just seems strange.

I guess I don't see how in the world a diluted sample can be counted as a positive. I mean, I drink a BUNCH of water every day, and I'm pretty sure my sample would be diluted. Just seems strange.

Well for that one day you have to drink juice I guess. And by juice I don't mean roids.

It's better than spending a 2 on Massoquai or Robiskie. It isn't that it's an ideal situation, it's that given the Browns draft record, Gordon was still far more successful than a lot of guys who had longer,shittier careers.

Haha. Kinda like the 'she didn't let me cum, but at least she let me in' argument.

Right now drafting Foster sounds like when I tell you Jessica Alba is going to give you a hand job with sandpaper gloves.

Haha. Kinda like the 'she didn't let me cum, but at least she let me in' argument.

Right now drafting Foster sounds like when I tell you Jessica Alba is going to give you a hand job with sandpaper gloves.

It could still be worth it to let Jessica Alba give me a hand job with sandpaper.

Jessica-Alba-Fantastic-Four-2.jpg

Can someone explain what a diluted sample means? I remember Josh Gordon had one (I think) and it was because he had something called "dilute" in his system, that can be used as a masking agent. From what I read about Foster, it sounded more like his urine sample was diluted and not strong enough? I'm confused. If a sample wasn't "strong enough", wouldn't they just test again an hour later?

OK, I worked in a hospital lab for many years. "Dilute" is measured by a thing called specific gravity. It's weight\volume, and pure water is the standard = 1.000 . Ha, to digress- lead is around 11.0, meaning a given volume of lead is 11X heavier than the same volume of water. "Normal" specific gravity of urine is around 1.010 to 1.030, though it can go higher (dehydrated) or lower (diabetics). I don't know what the NFL cutoff is, but I would flag anything lower than 1.003 as "suspicious". 1.000 definitely- someone is peeing pure water. :)

After the josh Gordon experience and examples on a host of other Teams it would be insane to spend anything higher than a fifth on this guy. Anyone that we drafted guy in the second round but also pound they're heading to concrete till their brain fell out.

Archived