THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Free Agents

darren15

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martellus Bennett -- a novelty in that he is a TE who actually is used to block, but can also catch. Age 29. Show him the money.

Matt McGloin-- Oak QB-just keep an eye out for how how he does for them in the playoffs. Age 27

Right....not holding my breath for any exciting pick ups.....

Just hoping they are at least capable of retaining our own......and sealing up a few that will be leaving next year....Bito and Kirksey head my list......followed by Pryor & Collins....

Right....not holding my breath for any exciting pick ups.....

Just hoping they are at least capable of retaining our own......and sealing up a few that will be leaving next year....Bito and Kirksey head my list......followed by Pryor & Collins....

I would start with Collins as imperative. He brings an attitude of every down play that seems to now infuse the D.

Bring back Sheard!!!

Sheard, Shelton, Nassib,

Garrett, Foster, Kirksey, Ogbah

Taylor, Haden, Barry, King

I would start with Collins as imperative. He brings an attitude of every down play that seems to now infuse the D.

Absolutely....of course, I have zero confidence that this FO will seal up Collins or Pryor.....or Kirksey.....or Bito.....

But....we will see, soon enough, if we are just spinning our wheels or making forward progress,,,,

Absolutely....of course, I have zero confidence that this FO will seal up Collins or Pryor.....or Kirksey.....or Bito.....

But....we will see, soon enough, if we are just spinning our wheels or making forward progress,,,,

They'll get Collins, Kirksey and Bito.

Pryor? Probably. But if they don't it'll be because someone gives him #1 type money.

Z

I see Collins as a tag target.

Pryor as an incentive laden signing... a #2 WR base and #1 upside. I would not structure his base as a #1.

Kirksey and Bito still have another year on their contracts don't they?

Yes they do.....and I advocate proactive measures.....sign them now, show them and the team that we are serious about retaining home grown talent...... and dont wait for the bidding war.....

Opening talks early also helps the FO understand where these players stand and gives us time to work around any objections they have to resigning.....(and allows us to plan ahead, if we cant get them on board).....

Yep. Mud is speculating into the future.

Z

Yep.....and our FO should be doing the same....

Otherwise, our 5 year plan really needs to be a 2-3 year plan....cause everyone seems to leave(or tries) when their 4th year arrives.....

Ward, Mack, Schwartz, Benji, Sheard, Skrine, Cameron, etc all attest to our inability to retain home grown talent.....and a 5 year plan requires us to be successful there....

They'll get Collins, Kirksey and Bito.

Pryor? Probably. But if they don't it'll be because someone gives him #1 type money.

Z

Id take those 3 as a very solid start to this FO showing me they understand FA and how it can help or break a team....

Bito's injury history should keep his price down. As much as I loved his rookie campaign and want to consider it and him to be a building block, that availability thing is there.

Kirksey? He's exceeded my expectations, but for a "speed" ILB he's just not much of a pass defender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have to attribute it to a run-first, coaching emphasis that makes him prone to bite on PA. Maybe paired with a real thumper he'd be able to play more balanced D?

Bito's injury history should keep his price down. As much as I loved his rookie campaign and want to consider it and him to be a building block, that availability thing is there.

Kirksey? He's exceeded my expectations, but for a "speed" ILB he's just not much of a pass defender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have to attribute it to a run-first, coaching emphasis that makes him prone to bite on PA. Maybe paired with a real thumper he'd be able to play more balanced D?

I agree that Bito is a bit snake bitten lately....all the more reason he should be signable.....

I think Davis was supposed to be that thumper.....perhaps Collins could move over......or Mr. Foster at 10(right behind Allen or Garrett) would make me smile..... :)

Foster is exactly who I had in mind when I wrote that...

Do you see another reason why Kirksey does not have better numbers vs. the pass? In 20+ starts he has no INTs and a total of 7 defenses.

Just imagine Garrett Foster Kirksey and Collins.....lined up in Browns unis.......I would hang a picture of Shashi over my mantle....

Funny thing about those Kirksey #'s is that early in his career, I had him pegged as a solid pass defender(I still thinks he's our best).....but we can imagine the emphasis being placed on run D these past 2 seasons and consider the possibility that his game has adjusted some, simply due to that mentality

Just imagine Garrett Foster Kirksey and Collins.....lined up in Browns unis.......I would hang a picture of Shashi over my mantle....

Funny thing about those Kirksey #'s is that early in his career, I had him pegged as a solid pass defender(I still thinks he's our best).....but we can imagine the emphasis being placed on run D these past 2 seasons and consider the possibility that his game has adjusted some, simply due to that mentality

I think we will have to trade up to get Foster though.

Are we switching to a 4-3?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't see that a thread had already been started.

Some names to consider:

Trumaine Johnson

Eric Berry

Jason Pierre Paul

Prince Amukamara

Luke Joeckel

Malcom Smith

Chance Warmack

Morris Claiborne

Dontari Poe

DJ Hayden

all under 30, all need positions.