THE BROWNS BOARD

Off Topic Bears @ Packers

One Post

Cutler is coming back from injury. Talk was it was basically an open competition between Hoyer and Cutler for the starting gig, because Hoyer - and stop me if this sounds familiar - made a great start in his first few games, being efficient, not turning the ball over etc. Now, Cutler will stroll back in to 'his' team and be like nothing happened, while Hoyer will probably get cut or traded or whatever.

Cutler is coming back from injury. Talk was it was basically an open competition between Hoyer and Cutler for the starting gig, because Hoyer - and stop me if this sounds familiar - made a great start in his first few games, being efficient, not turning the ball over etc. Now, Cutler will stroll back in to 'his' team and be like nothing happened, while Hoyer will probably get cut or traded or whatever.

Cutler is gone after this year. I dunno if they signed Hoyer to a two-year deal, but he can hold down the spot while they develop their first round QB pick next year.

Zombo

You light be right - seems there's only a few million in dead money after this year.

So in terms of the qb sweepstakes in April, there's us and the bears, plus any of (rough likelihood order) jets, 49ers, dolphins, redskins, cardinals, chargers and hints.

You light be right - seems there's only a few million in dead money after this year.

So in terms of the qb sweepstakes in April, there's us and the bears, plus any of (rough likelihood order) jets, 49ers, dolphins, redskins, cardinals, chargers and hints.

Jets took Hackensack pretty high, no?

Decision time for Dolphins on Tanny.

I think Skins and Cousins stay together.

Cards need to get young at the position yes.

Chargers? Do you see Rivers leaving? Contender would jump on him.

Jets took Hackenberg in the second indeed. A year after taking Bryce Petty in the fourth, and two years after taking Geno Smith in the second, while still desperately trying to get Ryan Fitzpatrick to sign. Anything's possible with those guys, and it doesn't seem like they're sold on anyone as their guy.

Absolutely on fins. Tannehill is just meh. They might get to the playoffs with him but not far. Like Dalton.

For cousins - if the redskins don't keep him, you have to ask why (see Osweiler, Brock).

Cardinals have talked the last couple years about getting 'a guy' to groom behind Palmer, who is 36.

Chargers have Rivers, age 34, and are quite far from being in 'win now mode' - it would be a big move but he could be traded for picks.

Giants and Steelers obviously took QBs at the same time, with Eli and Big Ben, but *are* legit contenders for at least the playoffs, so don't see it happening.

Another team to consider, the Saints. Drew Brees is 37, and they've been bottom feeding for a little while now.

Who took over for Hoyer after he was hurt if it wasn't Cutler. I didn't see the game, I was watching the baseball.

But, yea, a number of teams are going to be in the market for future QBs:

49ers maybe

Chargers maybe with Rivers at age 35 next year

Cards with Palmer even older

Saints with Brees even older

Bears

Dolphins maybe as you have all noted

Steelers? A future project after the oft injured BR? Landry won't be there future imo

Giants with Eli at age 35

Pats....if they are not convince Garropolo is their future (but 75% they are in on Garrop.)

Browns? Unless we are all convinced that Cody Kessler is the shit.

Hoyer was lighting it up before he broke his arm. 6 TDs and 0Ints

Hoyer set the all time Bears passing record with four consecutive 300 yard passing games this year.....or how bad da' Bears really have been except maybe 1985, loveable but bad!

Playing-wise, I'd put him in the same bracket as Josh McCown. Great backup and spot starter, and there'll always be some team desperate enough to convince themselves he can be the guy.

The most popular guy on the field the back up QB, yeah I could handle that kind of grind warm up with the second team, get the first team ready to play collect those paychecks without getting killed every week.

Now in Cleveland you're the next round in the chamber just waiting for the live fire which you know might be in any minute.

Jets took Hackenberg in the second indeed. A year after taking Bryce Petty in the fourth, and two years after taking Geno Smith in the second, while still desperately trying to get Ryan Fitzpatrick to sign. Anything's possible with those guys, and it doesn't seem like they're sold on anyone as their guy.

Absolutely on fins. Tannehill is just meh. They might get to the playoffs with him but not far. Like Dalton.

For cousins - if the redskins don't keep him, you have to ask why (see Osweiler, Brock).

Cardinals have talked the last couple years about getting 'a guy' to groom behind Palmer, who is 36.

Chargers have Rivers, age 34, and are quite far from being in 'win now mode' - it would be a big move but he could be traded for picks.

Giants and Steelers obviously took QBs at the same time, with Eli and Big Ben, but *are* legit contenders for at least the playoffs, so don't see it happening.

Another team to consider, the Saints. Drew Brees is 37, and they've been bottom feeding for a little while now.

Regarding the 2017 quarterback sweepstakes, you forgot the 49ers. With Kaepernic, Gabbert, and Ponder- I'd say they'll be looking for an upgrade unless Collin can re-find his playoff form. Could get unceremoniously dumped like RG III.

I'm not a Phins fan but , I'm disappointed in Tannehill.. I thought because he played WR in college , he would have a better feel for the passing game. That clearly has not been the case.. He\s been marginal at very best.

Archived