THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheapshot blindside helmet to helmet has Poyer still in hospital

calfoxwc

brobible.com/sports/article/titans-antonio-andrews-hit-jordan-poyer/

Cal your answer lies in your own post & Poyer's last tweet..Jordan has no prob with hit, it's football,,,BUT... "Don't be a ASS & have some class" has always been a Poyer's Pride..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy hit him so hard it ruptured a kidney, not from a direct blow to the back.

Cal we can debate about if there was intent to injure on that play. One thing that can't be debated is Andrews has zero class putting that up on Instagram and bragging about it. He won't think it's so funny if he gets a knee blown out or a leg broken and the guy who does it posts it to You Tube. What goes around comes around. MHO is he owes Poyer an apology.

Well, I didn't mean direct blow to the kidney - it's similar to saying "hey, I didn't hit him in the neck and broke it, I hit

him in the side of the head"

How funny would Andrews have thought his bragging was, if Poyer had a neck injury and ended up paralyzed, it my

question. Yes, that's zero class. From all the football I've watched over eh....many decades... a violent shoulder to shoulder

might cause a shoulder injury, but would be a clean block if it was not a blindside violent hit. He could have given him

a big shove in the shoulder and sent him flying though the air, mission accomplished.

Cal your answer lies in your own post & Poyer's last tweet..Jordan has no prob with hit, it's football,,,BUT... "Don't be a ASS & have some class" has always been a Poyer's Pride..

Well, I think that's taking his tweet out of context. If I got illegally maimed violently, I wouldn't make a giant whining

bitch seesion over it, either. Behind the scenes, I'd be figuring it was an illegal cheapshot.

But like Mr. Hoorta said - it was low class to go online and laughingly brag about it. Not smart.

btw, I think the difference between incidental helmet to helmet contact is part of the game. But that isn't what

this was. Andrews' tweet made that clear. And spearing with his helmet wasn't accidental, either. Just what I think

about what I saw...over and over and over and.... again.

I think the difference between incidental helmet to helmet contact is part of the game. But that isn't what

this was. Andrews' tweet made that clear. And spearing with his helmet wasn't accidental, either. Just what I think

about what I saw...over and over and over and.... again.

Spearing? Come on Cal, before you cost your team 15 yards for Piling On :lol: Watch Andrews load his shoulders before hit than watch the ear holes meet ear holes. Spearing not the word. Blindside hit was the right call but..I was just shocked the refs called anything our way..We will decline your piling on penalty ;)

You did not happen to play for Lakewood did you? :)

Played against Lakewood my junior year. Didn't go so well.

That said, this thread and the 'outrage' doesn't exist if its a Browns player laying the wood on somebody. None of you would be bitching about it or the rules as they are. Quit with the double standards.

Played against Lakewood my junior year. Didn't go so well.

That said, this thread and the 'outrage' doesn't exist if its a Browns player laying the wood on somebody. None of you would be bitching about it or the rules as they are. Quit with the double standards.

Yes, I would. I'm so glad you can assume how everyone would feel though.

Spearing? Come on Cal, before you cost your team 15 yards for Piling On :lol: Watch Andrews load his shoulders before hit than watch the ear holes meet ear holes. Spearing not the word. Blindside hit was the right call but..I was just shocked the refs called anything our way..We will decline your piling on penalty ;)

Well, he had to brace himself for the collision regardless. But he aimed his helmet right at his helmet.

The shoulder hit was pretty much a given. Everytime I watch it, I see his helmet leading the rest of his

body. For all his online bragging, he has proven that it was his intention to nail him. That is a disgrace.

Giving Andrews the benefit of the doubt went out the window entirely when he went bragging and gloating online.

That said, this thread and the 'outrage' doesn't exist if its a Browns player laying the wood on somebody. None of you would be bitching about it or the rules as they are. Quit with the double standards. Tiam

More bs. You make an invalid assumption, and then you proclaim that your assumption is accurate and that means double standards,

and those should be stopped.

You should stop and go back and think about that.

A lot of us would be disgusted if a Browns player deliberately nailed a blindside helmet to helmet violent hit, especially

when he goes online and brags about it.

Well, he had to brace himself for the collision regardless. But he aimed his helmet right at his helmet.

The shoulder hit was pretty much a given. Everytime I watch it, I see his helmet leading the rest of his

body. For all his online bragging, he has proven that it was his intention to nail him. That is a disgrace.

Giving Andrews the benefit of the doubt went out the window entirely when he went bragging and gloating online.

Then his aim is piss-poor. And please tell me when the head does not lead the shoulders... does not lead the rest of the body.

A lot of us would be disgusted if a Browns player deliberately nailed a blindside helmet to helmet violent hit, especially when he goes online and brags about it.

A lot? Fuck, cal, we have people here that applaud Joe Jones' pile driver. Regardless some of us would actually see what happened.

Here is the original sequence from the default sideline angle. The two SetUp jpegs show Anderson lowering his shoulder preparing for impact. Observe the difference in waist bend.

post-2853-0-05233600-1476979530_thumb.jpg post-2853-0-35911000-1476979551_thumb.jpg

The next six jpegs are a frame by frame though impact. Note that at no time does Poyer's head go backwards relative to his body showing the force of the block was not "helmet to helmet". They show:

1. Anderson's helmet glancing the front of Poyer's mask. post-2853-0-32137100-1476979567_thumb.jpg
  2. Anderson's helmet passing under Poyer's mask. post-2853-0-38898300-1476979591_thumb.jpg
  3. Poyer's head twisting anticlockwise* from the glancing blow and the beginning clockwise rotation of his body. post-2853-0-22340700-1476979626_thumb.jpg
  4. Poyer's head beginning to uncoil and "move forward" as it lags the body. post-2853-0-74958300-1476979638_thumb.jpg
  5. Poyer's head has untorqued, but is still noticeably bending forward. post-2853-0-05696600-1476979651_thumb.jpg
  6. Head and body are realigning. post-2853-0-54596300-1476979667_thumb.jpg

One last shot catches Poyer extending his right arm to brace for impact with the turf. It is included to show Poyer was conscious at that moment.

post-2853-0-63714900-1476979682_thumb.jpg

So can we now cut the myopic, "helmet to helmet" bullshit?

===================================================================

* For our brethren across the pond.

Then his aim is piss-poor. And please tell me when the head does not lead the shoulders... does not lead the rest of the body.

A lot? Fuck, cal, we have people here that applaud Joe Jones' pile driver. Regardless some of us would actually see what happened.

Here is the original sequence from the default sideline angle. The two SetUp jpegs show Anderson lowering his shoulder preparing for impact. Observe the difference in waist bend.

attachicon.gifSetUp1-Upright.jpg attachicon.gifSetUp2-Bend.jpg

The next six jpegs are a frame by frame though impact. Note that at no time does Poyer's head go backwards relative to his body showing the force of the block was not "helmet to helmet". They show:

1. Anderson's helmet glancing the front of Poyer's mask. attachicon.gifImpactFrame1-HeadInFront.jpg
  2. Anderson's helmet passing under Poyer's mask. attachicon.gifImpactFrame2-HeadUnderMask.jpg
  3. Poyer's head twisting anticlockwise* from the glancing blow and the beginning clockwise rotation of his body. attachicon.gifImpactFrame3-HeadTwist.jpg
  4. Poyer's head beginning to uncoil and "move forward" as it lags the body. attachicon.gifImpactFrame4-UntwistForward.jpg
  5. Poyer's head has untorqued, but is still noticeably bending forward. attachicon.gifImpactFrame5-Untwisted.jpg
  6. Head and body are realigning. attachicon.gifImpactFrame6-GoingDown.jpg

One last shot catches Poyer extending his right arm to brace for impact with the turf. It is included to show Poyer was conscious at that moment.

attachicon.gifImpactFrame7-HandDown.jpg

So can we now cut the myopic, "helmet to helmet" bullshit?

===================================================================

* For our brethren across the pond.

"Glancing the face mask? In seeing the replay it seemed that it was a far greater impact than just a "glancing blow"....and the face mask is part of the helmet. He slammed the crown of his helmet into Poyers face mask. That is still defined as helmet to helmet...and from what I can tell, a fairly forceful blow.

Based upon Alexander's body position, these are as near to simultaneous images from the two angles available from the broadcast.

post-2853-0-00323000-1476987294_thumb.jpg post-2853-0-99831300-1476987174_thumb.jpg

We have many people on this board that would volunteer to build the statute to Nassib if he put his helmet through Ben's knee.

So forgive me for believing members here somehow have an overwhelming sense of humanity.

Exactly- Some folks still love the way Turkey Jones pile-drove Bradshaw into the ground. Today- that move would probably be a 4 game suspension, minimum.

Based upon Alexander's body position, these are as near to simultaneous images from the two angles available from the broadcast.

attachicon.gifImpact.jpg attachicon.gifImpactFrame1-HeadInFront.jpg

He did hit Poyer sort of high- but it's done with- let it go guys. Karma is a bitch.

A lot? Fuck, cal, we have people here that applaud Joe Jones' pile driver. Regardless some of us would actually see what happened. Tour

Well, you don't understand what really happened. See, Joe Turkey Jones had Bradshaw in a bear hug, but

Bradshaw wouldn't go down, kept trying to get away, then Bradshaw elbows Jones in the facemask.. almost stomped on his foot, and then

in a last ditch attempt to get away, he jumps up into the air while Jones holds on, and dives head first into the ground to

draw a penalty.

Here, if you don't believe me. You just have to watch the video and "analyze" it like Tiam does...

https://youtu.be/CtcQqwpCFJ4

(lol)

well, by golly, he wasn't fined, sure enough, for the illegal hit on Poyer.

Because the hittee was a Cleveland Brown, apparently:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14396147/nfl-delivers-138902-fines-pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-game

"Brown was punished for a crack-back block, and Gay and Boykin were fined for excessive celebration."

Yep. Illegal. Andrews should have been fined, too.

Exactly- Some folks still love the way Turkey Jones pile-drove Bradshaw into the ground. Today- that move would probably be a 4 game suspension, minimum.

Imagine today if a player talked like Deacon Jones.

"...you got an angle on him he should go to the hospital, that's exactly what I tried to do...no remorse in my heart....I tried to put him in the hospital every time I tackled him....I tried to tear his damn head off every time." -Deacon Jones

At around 2:15

Some players are just dirty and try to hurt people and then it gives them a boner when they do. Remember the roid monkey giving 2 Browns players concussions in the same game and the refs didn't even throw a flag (Because they never flag those ignorant scum sucking fagots) And He was celebrating? Pisspuke and Cintucky both love having players like that, That is why it is fun to watch them play each other in hopes they kill somebody. The NFL claims they want to clean up their image but yet they only fine these players smh. What is a 20k fine when you are making MILLIONS? Now I do think it was ignorant that Domican Suh kicked Be in the knee or whatever, There is no place for any of that but the NFL says they will "review" the case in other words they will take pay offs or whatever because what is there to review? IT IS ON FILM, That is all there is to look at.

EXACTLY CAL! Teams always get away for trying to hurt us, remember a few games ago when players jumped on our QB after he already was on the ground? Think it was the RatBirds game. It is fucking bullshit. We should have another bottelgate. We already have the deck stacked against us and having the refs against us don't help at all. That ignorant cunt ref we had against Washington should be fired, 2 bullshit PI calls and giving Wash the ball when Duke hat it in his hands????? But they wont say shit to her just because she is a female.

Some players are just dirty and try to hurt people and then it gives them a boner when they do. Remember the roid monkey giving 2 Browns players concussions in the same game and the refs didn't even throw a flag (Because they never flag those ignorant scum sucking fagots) And He was celebrating? Pisspuke and Cintucky both love having players like that, That is why it is fun to watch them play each other in hopes they kill somebody. The NFL claims they want to clean up their image but yet they only fine these players smh. What is a 20k fine when you are making MILLIONS? Now I do think it was ignorant that Domican Suh kicked Be in the knee or whatever, There is no place for any of that but the NFL says they will "review" the case in other words they will take pay offs or whatever because what is there to review? IT IS ON FILM, That is all there is to look at.

LOl..woe is me again the Cleveland brown fan. Losing, the refs, and now all the teams are trying to injure us. They play too rough waa waa.

James Harrison was never a dirty player. He played football the same way all his life...then came 2013 when they made the helmet to helmet rules stricter. He gave notice to Mike Tomlin he wasn't going to change the way he played in spite of all the fines handed down against him.

He obviously did change the way he played.

Did you ever cry about TJ Wards hit?

3. Browns safety T.J. Ward on Bengals receiver Jordan Shipley. Ward got a penalty and a $15,000 fine, but he also got support from Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who praised Ward for “hitting him the way we teach him.”

If Harrison as a Brown knocked out 2 Steelers in one game then McCoy...add to that the spectacular and priceless slamming of a Browns fan to the turf on that Christmas Eve in 2005, you'd erect a statue of him right next to Jim Brown...the greatest abuser of women the NFL has ever known.

So go ahead you woe is me crybaby, resort to bottle throwing again...something you'll never see Steeler fans do.

ya need to do some learnin. Steeler james "roid" Harrison was a dirty, violent, sissy cheapshot sob.

https://youtu.be/6BfxMalwza4

helmet to helmet ILLEGAL bliindside hits aren't always done by the steelers though.

but count how many times in the next video it's the steelers.

https://youtu.be/rfEgQHqpZgo

well, by golly, he wasn't fined, sure enough, for the illegal hit on Poyer.

Because the hittee was a Cleveland Brown, apparently:

Yeah... that must be it...

Archived