THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor has hammy injury

Zombo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/17/terrelle-pryor-suffers-hamstring-injury/

One of the few bright spots of this season in Cleveland has been the emergence of Terrelle Pryor as one of the best young receivers in the NFL. But for the Browns, even that silver lining has an injury-related cloud.

Pryor is suffering from a hamstring injury, Browns coach Hue Jackson said today. Jackson said only that he would see how Pryor feels this week and had no further prognosis on whether Pryor will miss any games.

A former quarterback who bounced around the league without finding much success, Pryor switched to wide receiver and has emerged as a force in Cleveland this year. Pryor has 33 catches for 413 yards and three touchdowns.

Pryor is playing on a one-year, $1.67 million contract this season. Keeping him in 2017 and beyond will be expensive, but losing one of the team’s best young talents would be costly as well.

Expensive? Yeah, they must not know our cap situation. We are keeping Pryor at any cost right now. Until Gordon and Coleman get back and up to speed he's our only Superstar on offense right now.

Expensive? Yeah, they must not know our cap situation. We are keeping Pryor at any cost right now. Until Gordon and Coleman get back and up to speed he's our only Superstar on offense right now.

Pryor will get offered a very attractive contract. I just hope it can get done before the season is over. No more of this Mack- Schwartz gamesmanship. Coleman should be back in a couple of weeks. Gordon? He's done for the year- at least, and as a Brown- adios. When Hue said "we're moving on", take him at his word. Josh has far exceeded his allotted number of mulligans any team would give him. Maybe he can get his act, and life back together. But he's proven what? About four times already with the Browns , and several more on the college level, he can't be relied on. Period. The only reason he's gotten so many chances is because of that immense talent he has. An average schmuck would already be long out of the league pumping gas at Sunoco. When he begs Sir Roger for reinstatement, do you really think Goodell is going to trust him to fly right after he essentially screwed up again? Maybe he can succeed with another team, it would be just our luck. But at some point you have to cut bait.

Pryor will get offered a very attractive contract. I just hope it can get done before the season is over. No more of this Mack- Schwartz gamesmanship. Coleman should be back in a couple of weeks. Gordon? He's done for the year- at least, and as a Brown- adios. When Hue said "we're moving on", take him at his word. Josh has far exceeded his allotted number of mulligans any team would give him. Maybe he can get his act, and life back together. But he's proven what? About four times already with the Browns , and several more on the college level, he can't be relied on. Period. When he begs Sir Roger for reinstatement, do you really think Goodell is going to trust him to fly right after he essentially screwed up again? Maybe he can succeed with another team, it would be just our luck. But at some point you have to cut bait.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm subscribing to the notion that Goodell will more than likely be happy that Gordon took the appropriate steps in his recovery process to go into rehab. There has been no reports of him messing up again. This is instrumental to being able to act responsibly, showing that he is capable to know when there is a problem and doing this himself, the league will appreciate that and it will show that what they have been trying to teach Josh is working. They are probably more apt to want to help him than to just discipline him, he seems like he cares... unlike Manziel, Blackmon and so many others.

Good news is we get to see more of our draft picks... :)

Bad news is we really do need to see more of Pryor before we fill his pockets. Lacking that I'd expect an incentive laden contract with a good chunk of up-front, guaranteed base while the cap space is there.

Last thing I'm thinking about right now is Gordon...

yeah the story with gordon about how he went into rehab for alcohol was a cover. He knew he wasn't gonna pass the mj test so he goes in for "alcohol" and it makes him seem responsible. If he had a few drinks over that whole paternity thing that's nothing, he wouldn't forego the season for that. He's over.

Gordon isn't coming back

Nothing would surprise me anymore -but- I wouldn't bet cash on seeing his spoiled azz in the NFL anytime soon. 2017? 2018?

....but then again eventually he might need more party money :lol:

The positive in this is that Hue really likes Pryor and the feeling is mutual. Should be an easy player to sign.

Also....Gordon isn't coming back. There's a better chance that we get Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorne back at WR than seeing Josh Gordon in a Browns uniform again.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm subscribing to the notion that Goodell will more than likely be happy that Gordon took the appropriate steps in his recovery process to go into rehab. There has been no reports of him messing up again. This is instrumental to being able to act responsibly, showing that he is capable to know when there is a problem and doing this himself, the league will appreciate that and it will show that what they have been trying to teach Josh is working. They are probably more apt to want to help him than to just discipline him, he seems like he cares... unlike Manziel, Blackmon and so many others.

Um, no they won't. Josh might care- but the only logical reason he checked into rehab is he flunked another drug test- or was about to. Teach him? He's already been hit over the head with a figurative 2 X 4 two or three times, depending on how you want to count. He's had at least six chances to "act responsibly", and messed up every time. Sashi and Hue undoubtedly told Flash months ago exactly what was expected of him- and he couldn't do it. So- so sad, too bad for you Josh. Addicts are really good at playing the sympathy & denial card Po. Need any more proof? He's already pissed millions down the drain because he can't control himself. He played his last card earlier in the year- out of control. If he really was sincere about getting his act together, he should have been 1,000 miles away from his erstwhile pal Johnny Juicer instead of hanging out with the guy who may go down as one of the 10 biggest losers in the history of the NFL.

Pryor says his hammy injury isn't anything like the worse situation early on.

He is amazed at the excellent facilities of the Browns, and he is getting therapy

as much as possible, trying to be on the field vs the Bengals.

Getting your first win vs the Bengals is a hell of a tall order, especially under the circumstances.

But these players love their coach. When Kessler was working out with Dalton early on...

Dalton told him the Browns were going to love Hue, too.

Joe Thomas says Kessler is doing a lot of stuff that most rookies don't do their first year, (I'm paraphrasing there)..

The Browns are fun to watch.

You are a maximum of 15 years old

um fuck off

the thread is about tps and I just wanted to know if anyone had heard how bad his hammy is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as j.g he is a stoner so I am sure he has drank Maryjanes wine

so again fuck off

the thread is about tps and I just wanted to know if anyone had heard how bad his hammy is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as j.g he is a stoner so I am sure he has drank Maryjanes wine

Next time, you want news, figure it out. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

so what you are saying is that we should not discuss anything just look it up,wow how boring would that be maybe you should start up you're own board

Well,I don't have access to the Browns medical staff smartass. When you do, let me know.

Awfully fast hammie recovery if TP starts Sunday. Must have been just a "twinge".

Been a while since he's caught a deep ball.

Should just sit him, so he doesnt extend the injury...hammies need time....

This is supposed to be the season of letting the young guys play, right?.....and we drafted a whole room full of WR's, right?....

After all the preseason and camp reports about Payton and Higgins....I say....play em!....

Let's see what they got.....

Should just sit him, so he doesnt extend the injury...hammies need time....

This is supposed to be the season of letting the young guys play, right?.....and we drafted a whole room full of WR's, right?....

After all the preseason and camp reports about Payton and Higgins....I say....play em!....

Let's see what they got.....

Mud, I agree on all counts. I wanted to see us draft both Higgins & Payton, so I'm a little biased in wanting to see them get opportunities. I have always seen Payton as a Jurevicious type.

This season is a perfect time to turn rookies into veterans, so let's get them game experience.

Mike

Mud, I agree on all counts. I wanted to see us draft both Higgins & Payton, so I'm a little biased in wanting to see them get opportunities. I have always seen Payton as a Jurevicious type.

This season is a perfect time to turn rookies into veterans, so let's get them game experience.

Mike

Higgins plans on playing more this week.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Rashard-Higgins-Im-going-to-get-the-job-done/6b2ed64c-2725-4935-9197-08f4e837dc06

Archived