THE BROWNS BOARD

Bitinio out multiple weeks

jcam222

Daryl Ruiter tweeted. .

#Browns to place LG Joel Bitonio on injured reserve, may be season ending

MKC tweeted. . .

#Browns Bitonio's mid-foot sprain is probably season-ending but with the new IR rules that's not 100% certain

What is the injury requirement now, 8 weeks?

Placing him on Temporary IR will allow us to bring in the much needed manpower to send at this injury plague.

This is exactly why the NFL need to increase roster size. Sometimes you need it. There should be lower salaries for the top players and more players in general. More games, bigger rosters, more players(God knows there is talent out there just wishing for an opportunity).

I Wish Football played as many games as basketball or baseball. Increase the roster size.

Increase the roster size.

And fix IR rules. Out 8 weeks is far to long for some with 200 on it this season. Does not include the other 5-6 on inactive per team that coaches our betting on that will be ready in 4-6 weeks.Unless your name is Shon"redshirt"Coleman ;)

Expanded roster will happen... when league goes to a 16 game season... but...

Given the decline in ratings, I do not see more games by teams with diluted talent as a remedy.

Bitonio underwent successful foot surgery - will be ready for next season.

I was afraid it was a Lisfranc fracture, he's done for the year. It's putting a screw into the broken bone, no weight bearing for at least 6 weeks.

Heard the name Lisfranc many times... never looked it up until now.

http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatments/Pages/Lisfranc-Surgery.aspx

Yup, someone who weighs 300 pounds stomps on your foot- there goes the ligament. There's other ways too. Like torn pectorals or biceps tendons- this injury seems to be happening more and more. Never heard of it 10 years ago.

Archived