THE BROWNS BOARD

Zombo

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-elevate-OL-Anthony-Fabiano-to-active-roster/2e10397a-2441-42de-9353-05201439b60b

The Cleveland Browns have signed OL Anthony Fabianoicon-article-link.gif to their active roster from the practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team waived DL Gabe Wright.

In addition, the team signed TE E.J. Bibbs and OL Michael Liedtke (pronounced LID-kee) to the practice squad.

Fabiano is a 6-3, 303 pound rookie out of Harvard. Originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent, he was waived on Aug. 29 and has spent the first four weeks of the season the Browns’ practice squad. A native of Wakefield, Mass., Fabiano graduated from Wakefield High School.

Bibbs is 6-2, 258 pounds and in his second NFL season out of Iowa State. Originally signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2015, he appeared in seven games last season and had one reception for seven yards. He was waived this year on Aug. 29. A native of Chicago, Ill., Bibbs graduated from Bogan High School.

Liedtke is 6-3, 305 pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of Illinois State. Originally signed by Miami as an undrafted free agent in 2015, he spent part of his rookie season on the Dolphins’ practice squad and the 2016 preseason with the Jets. A native of Woodstock, Ill., Liedtke graduated from Woodstock High School.

Wright spent the first two weeks of the season on the club’s practice squad and appeared in the past two games. He logged one tackle and one pass defensed.

Well there are the OL moves... Fabio seems destined for the interior as would Ledtke based on height.

Welcome back Bibbs...

I would not be surprised if Wright ended up back on the PS.

Well there are the OL moves... Fabio seems destined for the interior as would Ledtke based on height.

Fabio a smart Harvard guy surely VS a Ledtke from Woodstock. But can either play "CENTER" (stage) at Woodstock if called upon? It's not even funny anymore. Draft a Damn Center :ph34r:

lol... the draft won't help us this week... ;)

One of the newbies has to be able to back-up Greco... but as long as he is standing I'm not too worried.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-elevate-OL-Anthony-Fabiano-to-active-roster/2e10397a-2441-42de-9353-05201439b60b

The Cleveland Browns have signed OL Anthony Fabianoicon-article-link.gif to their active roster from the practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team waived DL Gabe Wright.

In addition, the team signed TE E.J. Bibbs and OL Michael Liedtke (pronounced LID-kee) to the practice squad.

Fabiano is a 6-3, 303 pound rookie out of Harvard. Originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent, he was waived on Aug. 29 and has spent the first four weeks of the season the Browns’ practice squad. A native of Wakefield, Mass., Fabiano graduated from Wakefield High School.

Bibbs is 6-2, 258 pounds and in his second NFL season out of Iowa State. Originally signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2015, he appeared in seven games last season and had one reception for seven yards. He was waived this year on Aug. 29. A native of Chicago, Ill., Bibbs graduated from Bogan High School.

Liedtke is 6-3, 305 pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of Illinois State. Originally signed by Miami as an undrafted free agent in 2015, he spent part of his rookie season on the Dolphins’ practice squad and the 2016 preseason with the Jets. A native of Woodstock, Ill., Liedtke graduated from Woodstock High School.

Wright spent the first two weeks of the season on the club’s practice squad and appeared in the past two games. He logged one tackle and one pass defensed.

I thought we had a roster opening to be filled with the IR listing of Reiter such that we did not have to cut anyone. WTF is up with that?

Can Fabiano play OC?

And now note this: The Browns now have a guy from Harvard (two if you count Des Bryant on IR) and a guy from Princeton (DeValve) on the roster at the same time.

They also have guys from other elite educational institutions such as Notre Dame, Rice, Northwestern, Stanford.

The Browns may not be the most talented team, but they may be the smartest. And eventually, that could count for something, perhaps.

I thought we had a roster opening to be filled with the IR listing of Reiter such that we did not have to cut anyone. WTF is up with that?

Thought same here Gip. 1 up from PS (Fabiano) &(active) Gabe gone & 2 PS fills(Liedtke & Bibbs) it's at 10 on PS. But maybe issue moving Reiter to IR yet, cause I see nowhere yet Reiter went to IR? If & when it happens, we maybe robbing another PS out their or moving our 1 PS up to make room for Gabe?

Thought same here Gip. 1 up from PS (Fabiano) &(active) Gabe gone & 2 PS fills(Liedtke & Bibbs) it's at 10 on PS. But maybe issue moving Reiter to IR yet, cause I see nowhere yet Reiter went to IR? If & when it happens, we maybe robbing another PS out their or moving our 1 PS up to make room for Gabe?

That's what I'm thinking ... I haven't seen Reiter announced to IR yet ... and I don't know why.

Could still be another signing this week then, no? Another TE or receiver? Seems we are thin at DL without Gabe unless Nassib is expected to back in starting form.

Zombo

That's what I'm thinking ... I haven't seen Reiter announced to IR yet ... and I don't know why. (LEAGUE RULING FROM ANOTHER TEAMS PS?)

Could still be another signing this week then, no?(YEP) Another TE or receiver?(HAMLETT SPELLS TELFAIR IF OUT) Seems we are thin at DL without Gabe unless Nassib is expected to back in starting form.(NAZ & COLEMAN CAST OFF. NAZ WAS LIMITED TODAY(WRAP IT) COLEMAN IN A SPLINT-out)

Zombo

CAPS^^Enjoy the ride,my head hurts getting to 53..

Here's the injury report while we are still figuring all this out:

Position Name Injury 10/5/2016 10/6/2016 10/7/2016 Status
DB Ibraheim Campbell Hamstring LIMITED
WR Corey Coleman Hand DNP
TE Seth DeValve Knee DNP
OL Cameron Erving Chest/Lung DNP
DB Joe Haden Groin/Thigh LIMITED
WR Andrew Hawkins Calf FULL
QB Josh McCown Shoulder DNP
DL Carl Nassib Hand LIMITED
OL Austin Reiter Knee DNP
TE Randall Telfer Ankle DNP
OL Joe Thomas Not injury related DNP
DB Tramon Williams Sr. Shoulder LIMITED

CAPS^^Enjoy the ride,my head hurts getting to 53..

Nah, it's got nothing to do with him coming from the PS, we just haven't put him on IR yet.

I know Hamlett spells Teflon, but that still leaves us with just two TEs because DeVulva is still dealing with bruised labia.

Zombo

Nah, it's got nothing to do with him coming from the PS, we just haven't put him on IR yet.

I know Hamlett spells Teflon, but that still leaves us with just two TEs because DeVulva is still dealing with bruised labia.

Zombo

So get Gabe Wright on PS & move Bibbs up..TOUCHDOWN BIBBS..to be or not to be & Barney .Labia,nice

Zombo

How did he get that injury? Hard hammering of the Princeton boy by the Harvard boys? Just FYI...my rooting interest is for the Big Red of Cornell and they have an opportunity to give Harvard a bruised ampulla this Saturday.

Gabe back on the PS, Jennings set free.

Reiter still on active roster despite getting declared out for the season ... Um ... why?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-DL-Gabe-Wright-to-practice-squad/237678a3-bee1-45a3-a13e-9ab030e630a4

Searching for the right replacement? Or maybe waiting for someone to do well enough to reactivate from the IR?

Searching for the right replacement? Or maybe waiting for someone to do well enough to reactivate from the IR?

Can re-activate unless a guy is out eight weeks.

We've already replaced his spot with Fabiani.

There must be someone else at another position that they want to bring in.

Zombo

Can re-activate unless a guy is out eight weeks.

There must be someone else at another position that they want to bring in.

Zombo

Maybe "The Stork" does land in C-town Z? C Brian Stork was only try out this week on mon./tues.per BR. Maybe fighting Contract with Sashi? maybe not piss on Belichek, but last word was, we were not signing him. I really think Hue don't trust any doctor after K. Will. diagnoses. The proof would be 1.putting guys on a 8 week IR but since K.Will. 2.Hue (to my count) has tied up 9-10 roster spots in C.Coleman, Erving,Reiter,S.Coleman?,Telfer,De-labia J.McC,Naz,T.Howard & I.Campbell. 7 fall to inactive, but A good move IF they hit game day before 8 weeks..Tick Tock

Ourlad updated depth chart-God Greco #1 Fabiano #2 at Center.///// JT #1 Drango #2 at LT,//////Pasztor #1 RT #2/Coleman//////--#1 Bitonio LG/////#1 -A.Bailey RG,//// both G's have no depth listed but Fab & Drango can go at G. Liedtke who went to PS is now listed as a G....God Greco can stay at Center the rest of his career imho..

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-awarded-OL-Jonathan-Cooper-via-waivers/ac911d50-195d-44a2-9438-965cb65a4ef6?sf38519683=1

As mentioned in another thread, we were awarded former first round pick (2013,7th overall) Jonathon Cooper on waivers. Don't much about him, but there is an issue there if he is already on his third team, hopefully he can turn it around with us.

Reiter finally put on IR and Fabiano waived.

Which, by my math, means we are adding someone else to the roster.

Hogan?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-awarded-OL-Jonathan-Cooper-via-waivers/ac911d50-195d-44a2-9438-965cb65a4ef6?sf38519683=1

As mentioned in another thread, we were awarded former first round pick (2013,7th overall) Jonathon Cooper on waivers. Don't much about him, but there is an issue there if he is already on his third team, hopefully he can turn it around with us.

Reiter finally put on IR and Fabiano waived.

Which, by my math, means we are adding someone else to the roster.

Hogan?

WTF is it with the jerking around of a guy like Fabiano? First placed on PS, then brought up to active roster and he thinks "here's my chance" then waived? WTF....is he the guy that missed so many blocks that got our QBs demolished? I couldn't tell. But if so, OK, Sayonara sucker. But, even so, with his waivers...as you note, still have a roster spot. For Hogan to come on that would mean with Josh/Kessler/Whitesnake who are also on the roster Browns would have 4 QBs. (of course, after the last few weeks we may need 4 QBs available to play)

WTF is it with the jerking around of a guy like Fabiano? First placed on PS, then brought up to active roster and he thinks "here's my chance" then waived? WTF....is he the guy that missed so many blocks that got our QBs demolished? I couldn't tell. But if so, OK, Sayonara sucker. But, even so, with his waivers...as you note, still have a roster spot. For Hogan to come on that would mean with Josh/Kessler/Whitesnake who are also on the roster Browns would have 4 QBs. (of course, after the last few weeks we may need 4 QBs available to play)

Probably just putting him back on PS now that we acquired an experienced guy. Cam Erving should be back at practice this week too.

He's gotta clear waivers before we can add him back to PS.

Zombo

#Browns G Joel Bitonio suffered a foot injury & will miss some time, source said. It happened in the 1st half and he played thru it. Tough.

But not JT tough...

Archived