THE BROWNS BOARD

Not Tom Brady Post Season Trivia

The Gipper

Here is a set of Trivia regarding Post Season Quarterback play where none of the answers are Tom Brady....but in which Brady has his role to play:

1. Tom Brady holds the all time Postseason passing records for career Attempts/completions/yards/TDs, but he does not hold the postseason record for best career Passer rating. Who does?

2. Tom Brady has thrown 26 career postseason interceptions. Two QBs have thrown more in their careers. Who?

3. Tom Brady is now tied at #2 with Joe Montana as having taken the most postseason sacks (46). One QB has more in his career. Who?

4. Tom Brady IS #1 ever in most Post season Game winning drives with 9. Who is #2 in this category?

5. Tom Brady IS #1 ever in most Post season 4th Quarter comebacks. Who is #2 in this category?

6. Obviously this stat does not apply to Tom Brady: Who is the ONLY active QB to have started a postseason game to have never been sacked? And be careful, lest you think this is a joke.

7. Who, besides Tom Brady who has done it 3 times, has led his team in 2 game winning drives in a postseason in two different years.

8. Only one QB has ever led his team to Three 4th quarter comebacks in a single Postseason. That person is not Tom Brady. Who is it?

9. Tom Brady completed 37 passes in the Super Bowl win vs. Seattle last month. Only 1 QB in history has ever had more completions than that in a post season game. Who is it?

10. Tom Brady DOES hold the record for the highest completion pct. in a postseason game with a 92.9 completion pct. vs. the Jags in 2008. That performance broke the completion pct. record that was actually accomplished in a Super Bowl game. Whose record did Brady break?

11. Tom Brady is 8th all time with the highest pct. of his passes in a postseason game going for a TD, with 17.6%. But the record in this category is 35.3% of pass attempts going for TDs. Who holds that record?

12. Tom Brady shares the Postseason record of 6 TD passes in a postseason game with 2 other people. One of them is the answer to #11 above. Who is that and who is the third QB who shares that record?

Ok...I'm working on getting drunk...i'll play..

1. Steve Young

2. Fran Tarkenington and Jim Kelly

3. Fran Tarkington

4. Eli Manning

5. Eli Manning

6. Matt Hasselbeck

7. Too confusing and making me think too hard...so piss off i'm not answering it.

8. Kurt Warner

9. Bernie Kosar

10. Steve Young

11. Steve Young

12. Steve Young and Joe Montana

Ok...I'm working on getting drunk...i'll play..

1. Steve Young No

2. Fran Tarkenington and Jim Kelly Kelly yes, not Tark

3. Fran Tarkington NO

4. Eli Manning NO

5. Eli Manning NO

6. Matt Hasselbeck NO

7. Too confusing and making me think too hard...so piss off i'm not answering it. I do think it was confusing...so I don't blame you. I will try to figure out how to unconfuse it.

(OK, I have gone back and tried to fix it....though I am not sure it is any better)

8. Kurt Warner NO

9. Bernie Kosar NO

10. Steve Young NO

11. Steve Young NO

12. Steve Young and Joe Montana Yes on Young...no on Montana

Here is a set of Trivia regarding Post Season Quarterback play where none of the answers are Tom Brady....but in which Brady has his role to play:

Answers:

1. Tom Brady holds the all time Postseason passing records for career Attempts/completions/yards/TDs, but he does not hold the postseason record for best career Passer rating. Who does?

Bart Starr 104.8. Brady is 12th in this stat.

2. Tom Brady has thrown 26 career postseason interceptions. Two QBs have thrown more in their careers. Who?

Brett Favre 30, Jim Kelly 28

3. Tom Brady is now tied at #2 with Joe Montana as having taken the most postseason sacks (46). One QB has more in his career. Who?

Donovan McNabb with 48.

4. Tom Brady IS #1 ever in most Post season Game winning drives with 9. Who is #2 in this category?

John Elway

5. Tom Brady IS #1 ever in most Post season 4th Quarter comebacks. Who is #2 in this category?

Joe Montana

6. Obviously this stat does not apply to Tom Brady: Who is the ONLY active QB to have started a postseason game to have never been sacked? And be careful, lest you think this is a joke.

Caleb Hanie who was 13 for 20 with 153 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs....but NO sacks in his only postseason start. I couldn't resist.

7. Who, besides Tom Brady who has done it 3 times, has led his team in 2 game winning drives in a postseason in two different years.

Eli Manning

8. Only one QB has ever led his team to Three 4th quarter comebacks in a single Postseason. That person is not Tom Brady. Who is it?

Eli Manning 2007

Fyi, Peyton Manning has only ever had 1 post season 4th Qtr. game winning drive. Eli has 5. Peyton has never led his team to a Postseason 4th Qtr. comeback win. Eli has done it 4 times.

9. Tom Brady completed 37 passes in the Super Bowl win vs. Seattle last month. Only 1 QB in history has ever had more completions than that in a post season game. Who is it?

Drew Brees...who actually did it twice with 39 in 2011 and 40 in 2012

10. Tom Brady DOES hold the record for the highest completion pct. in a postseason game with a 92.9 completion pct. vs. the Jags in 2008. That performance broke the completion pct. record that was actually accomplished in a Super Bowl game. Whose record did Brady break?

Phil Simms who had an 88% completion rate in the Super Bowl.

11. Tom Brady is 8th all time with the highest pct. of his passes in a postseason game going for a TD, with 17.6%. But the record in this category is 35.3% of pass attempts going for TDs. Who holds that record?

Daryl Lamonica vs. the Oilers in 1969

12. Tom Brady shares the Postseason record of 6 TD passes in a postseason game with 2 other people. One of them is the answer to #11 above. Who is that and who is the third QB who shares that record?

It was Daryl Lamonica in that Oilers game, and Steve Young.

Archived