THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hartline to visit Browns on Tues

calfoxwc

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about funchess?

I think the guy is going to fall down on draft boards after his combine. He doesn't want to play TE because he refuses to block and he's not an option as an outside WR.

The only thing he's got going for him is that he can jump. Other than that, speed is poor and hands are inconsistent.

i think Funchess is being projected as a 2nd round TE pass catching type...

I think he;s dropping like a rock(as predicted, btw)......

Honestly dont want Funchess at all, but if they take him, I pray it's not in the second round.......

Now visiting with Texans today

Makes sense... Hartline would be a nice fit there given recent Texan developments.

I think he;s dropping like a rock(as predicted, btw)......

Honestly dont want Funchess at all, but if they take him, I pray it's not in the second round.......

Ahh maybe. On the upside they say he plays with a lot of intensity. on the downside they say that's not always the case. on the upside he would probably also be able to play tight end effectively. on the downside he doesn't want to.

WSS

Did you read what quoted, i think i pointed out why you sign Shorts. not all rookie receivers come out Calvin Johnson. Some take time. Shorts would give the Rookie time to transition to the NFL. How many 1st round WR picks are bust cause they dont develope fast enough or ever to the game.

here are the top 10

Sylvester Morris 2000 draft 21st pick KC

Jay Soward 2000 draft 29th pick Jags

David Terrell 2001 draft 8th pick Bears

Freddie Mitchel 2001 draft 25th pick Eagles

Ashlie Lelie 2002 draft 19th pick Broncos

Charlie Johnson 2003 draft 2nd pick Lions

Reggie Williams 2004 draft 9th pick Jags

Troy Wlliamson 2005 draft 7th pick Vikings

Mike Williams 2005 draft 10th pick Lions

Ted Ginn 2007 draft 7th pick Dolphins

Appreciate the research you put into that. 1 minor correction is the Lions drafted Charles Rogers 2nd overall in 2003 from Michigan State. In fairness, to that guy - Joey Harrington hung him out to dry over the middle to the tune of 2 consecutive seasons beginning with broken collarbones for a guy that didn't have much of an injury history in college.

More recently, the first round isn't nearly as bad of an omen for drafting WRs as it used to be. You still have to do your homework and snag someone worthy of round 1 consideration. For example, drafting a slot receiver like Tavon Austin up as high as the Rams took him was a reach regardless of his speed and quickness. Here's some examples of good first round WRs just off the top of my head:

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Calvin Johnson

Demaryius Thomas

Plex Burress

Dez Bryant

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Santana Moss

Randy Moss

Terry Glenn

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham Jr

Sammy Watkins

Kelvin Benjamin

Reggie Wayne

Marvin Harrison

Hakeem Nicks

Andre Johnson

Torrey Smith

Depending on when and where there's a run on defensive prospects, we might be able to land an immediate impact at WR somewhere within our first 3 picks. That wouldn't suck especially if we were able to do it in round 2.

Makes sense... Hartline would be a nice fit there given recent Texan developments.

Come on Tour, You already nailed the Bridge of Josh in Cleveland before it Happened. Now This..

Archived