THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade up for Danny Shelton

SkippinTurtles

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

Mike

Ha!.....then it worked.....;)

mine was this guy: fire marshall bill.

Fire_Marshall_Bill_by_Kaotik1302.jpg

Hilarious......kakakaka

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.

You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.

first off get it right. they traded down and chose gilbert. they traded up to get manziel.

The point is that Shelton is the premier, run-stuffing DT/NT in the draft. The only question is how big the drop is to the 2nd best. If you happen to think it's big enough, then a trade up should be considered.

When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....

I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......

so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)

And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....

I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......

so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)

You are dead on Mud. It's nonsense, but Farmer may cost us a pick (Textgate). Get that value back, by trading back if possible. But you never trade back if you can upgrade ANY position or Depth upgrade at ANY position, and that has been a serious issue for us in Drafting. Farmer can nail FA's, but we need to nail this draft also...

Recent mocks have Shelton going to the Redskins. They've been soft up the middle for years. He'll transform that defense if the Browns don't act. It's an affordable move up.

And if they don't take him he never gets past Chicago. The Browns say they are going for D this year. Who can they expect to be there that should go at 12 but before 19? And who are they willing to take on D at 19 that may not drop further for us to drop back to? Those are the key questions if you do not want to trade up.

And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)...

I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers...

Elites in 2015.... hmmmmm... sounds like a thread.

Looking at my First-Pick mock sim results, I'm seeing about five different names. But there are a couple I've yet to have fall to me that I'd take in a heartbeat, e.g., Williams.

taylor and rubin did just fine until they got hurt.

who's to say the same doesn't happen to someone we trade away picks for?

if he's there, great! if not there are other options.

i'd be looking to get more picks not piss them away.

Neither here nor there, but Samoan dudes seem to have a recent track record of busting their ass in NFL. Rubin and Taylor have a little mileage. Start fresh and build around.

WTF do YOU know about samoans??

do you know more navy/americans go missing off the shores of hawaii than anywhere else in continental U.S.?

of course not cuz you never left your house.

the reason samoans do good in the NFL is because they hate both black and white people equally.

He's a good player but I don't think he's worth it to trade up for him, they're are plenty of talented DT's in this years draft class, and personally I like Malcom Brown more and he should be available for us at 12. We don't need to trade up, we need all the picks we have

WTF do YOU know about samoans??

do you know more navy/americans go missing off the shores of hawaii than anywhere else in continental U.S.?

of course not cuz you never left your house.

the reason samoans do good in the NFL is because they hate both black and white people equally.

A stud NT that hates black and white offensive lineman. Perfect.

If linebackers are free to roam in space and make plays - there's usually a damn good sets of bigs up front to thank for that.

I've been watching film of Shelton and it's fun to watch him push a pocket backward. Not only does he pack brute strength but he does a nice job of standing blockers up so they don't have their legs under them. I really like this kid's innerchest. He seems relentless.

The only slight negative I see after he jacks blockers up is a tendency to tackle high...

Here's a link showing a brief footage of him Senior Bowl Week. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Danny+Shelton+Highlights+YouTube&Form=VQFRVP#view=detail&mid=AAAA1ECF74461F1A7A78AAAA1ECF74461F1A7A78

There are very few knocks on Danny's game. About the biggest would be to remained conditioned and as you pointed out, watch how high you tackle someone.

I wasn't thrilled with the kid when I first saw him in August. Now? Yes, please. He's a franchise worthy front 7 pick.

I like Shelton too just not 100% sure about trading up for him. It looks like we'd have to trade a lot cause they don't think he'll make it past Chicago who's going to a 3-4 for probably the first time in that franchise's history. Frankly I'd rather bring Wilfork in and have him and Taylor immediately anchor the most dominant interior in all of football. Even then I'd probably still take Shelton if he falls to 12.

Wilfork would certainly change things if he came to us... and might help us even should he go elsewhere... as well might Suh.

Whomever they sign with... those teams will have far less interest in spending a high pick on Shelton.

Nothing much different in the following from what many of us have been saying...

Ultimate 2015 prospect for our ultimate need.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2387279-why-danny-shelton-should-be-cleveland-browns-ultimate-nfl-draft-target

True 3-4 stud NT's only come around a a few times a decade. Shelton looks like one. It's the defensive equivalent of moving up for a QB. If you think he'll completely transform your defense, please trade up a little.

Aren't you the same guy who said Kosar was more talented than Brady? Yeah...I'm gonna ignore your assessment of talent.

Archived