THE BROWNS BOARD

If It Is Trubisky @ 1

darren15

Who would you like to fall to 12 .... if the Browns do the unthinkable and draft the QB at 1

I would rather take Trubisky at 1 than use picks to move up ...we suck in a lot of areas and gutting the draft for a 13 starter QB is a horrendous idea ...

Preference is Garret at 1 if not take Trubisky and keep the picks ...dont take Garrett then give up picks for Trubisky

If Solomon Thomas falls to 12 I'm a lot more happy about missing out on Garrett

Garrett, Thomas and Allen are gone before we even make it to #7. Browns screw themselves once again if they go this route and Berea becomes a wasteland when the franchise folds their tents in a couple of years when this regime goes under. It will be sponsored by the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. by then too.

EDIT: At least this morning they are laughing at all the Jets QB pick screwups. Thank God for them.

The Browns should spend literaly every draft pick on QB & make them compete for Hues love in a bachelor style comptition over the summer

Covering our bases :)

My understanding is the #Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down. Contingencies upon contingencies.

It will be a sure sign of tanking the season from the get go if we take Trubinsky at one

Makes no sense to do that unless the homeless guy told Haslam to do it

Except, of course, if it means 10 straight years of playoff appearances...which it could.

Again, you act as if the Browns are ready to compete for the playoffs right now, as long as we just get that one defensive player.

Garrett, Thomas and Allen are gone before we even make it to #7. Browns screw themselves once again if they go this route and Berea becomes a wasteland when the franchise folds their tents in a couple of years when this regime goes under. It will be sponsored by the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. by then too.

EDIT: At least this morning they are laughing at all the Jets QB pick screwups. Thank God for them.

Now I am going to go Zombo on you: If you think the Browns are going to fold your tent because they don't draft the asshole you want that went to your college, then just effing leave now and go back to rooting for the Broncos or Cowboys or whoever the hell else you want to root for. Or move to Vegas and get a room with Ghoolie.

If they take Trubs @ 1... damn well better trade down from 12 because you're going to have to spend your next 3 picks on defense.

Why trade down? They would need to spend those picks on defense anyway. Sure, if MT is taken at #21, then absolutely I think that #12, #33, and #52 should be spent on defense.

While QB IS our biggest need....the next like 5 biggest needs are all on defense: CB/Safety/OLB/Edge rusher/DT. Take the next 3-4 picks and use them on defense.

Then do this: In the third or 4th round take another dirty white boy from Ohio: Adam Shaheen at TE.

Now I am going to go Zombo on you: If you think the Browns are going to fold your tent because they don't draft the asshole you want that went to your college, then just effing leave now and go back to rooting for the Broncos or Cowboys or whoever the hell else you want to root for. Or move to Vegas and get a room with Ghoolie.

It isn't me folding the tent. Home field advantage left a long time ago and the Dog Pound seems deserted. It does not take much to imagine the reaction to passing on such a national (not mine) consensus?

PS-I was actually looking forward to Z's response, but yours will do fine. :lol: :lol:

It isn't me folding the tent. Home field advantage left a long time ago and the Dog Pound seems deserted. It does not take much to imagine the reaction to passing on such a national (not mine) consensus?

But the thing that will get home field advantage back is having a franchise QB. Moreso than anything else. Far more so than a DE....when we already have 2-3 of those that perhaps can suffice.

PS-I was actually looking forward to Z's response, but yours will do fine. :lol: :lol:

Hey....I did a fair job mimicking Umadogg...and I think I got Z down about right. Ghoolie? I won't even try that one.

Excluding us...I THINK there's only 28 that pick in the first round.

My bet is we didn't contact Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Uma/Oprah. No, actually the Browns and Steelers have done trades recently. It is the Browns and Bengals that have never traded since the Queen City Kitties were born in 1968. So I say Cincy is one.

Who would you like to fall to 12 .... if the Browns do the unthinkable and draft the QB at 1

I would rather take Trubisky at 1 than use picks to move up ...we suck in a lot of areas and gutting the draft for a 13 starter QB is a horrendous idea ...

Preference is Garret at 1 if not take Trubisky and keep the picks ...dont take Garrett then give up picks for Trubisky

My take 100% take whoever you want at 1, just don't use 5 picks on 2 players when there are so many starters to be had in the first 3 rounds.

A little while ago a NFL Network moderator (a Cleveland native) who was on location in Philly asked Charlie Casserly, back in the studio , "Charlie, are there any franchise QBs in this draft?"

Charlie: "No. There are three or four potential starters, but no Luck's or Winston's or Mariotta's in this draft."

So the mod threw the question to his panel on location...

Brian Billick: "Need is a terrible talent evaluator. If you draft need then you end up sitting where I am sitting."

Charles Davis: "I see one.... Watson. He has the resume demonstrating his franchise potential."

Mooch: "There are 7 billion people on this planet. There are 12 franchise QBs. If you see one with that potential you have to get him."

Archived