THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike and Mike Show......

BrownsFan4Evr

It would be the end of the innocence. Fans would leave, NFL writers would have a field day making fun of us (even MORE), and Trubisky would forever be linked to Carson Wentz. This is a pick that will very likely destroy Hue Jackson and our front office. Kiss them goodbye if Mitchell doesn't work out. Also, the pressure to play the #1 pick will be IMMENSE. Look at how awful Jared Goff was last year, who by all accounts, was rated as a much better prospect than Mitchell. Jeff Fisher knew Goff wasn't ready, and he put him in anyway and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Why would we take Trubisky? It's pretty simple. We know we may have whiffed on Carson Wentz (the jury still out, but he showed some stuff last year), so we absolutely KNOW we can't miss on our QB this year. That pressure is what will make us take Trubisky. We also take him if we have Derek Barnett with a similar grade to Myles Garrett. Sure, Garrett is the superior prospect, but if it's CLOSE in our eyes, we'll probably say, "Well, we can know for a fact that we'll get our #1 QB, and get a pass rusher who is just a tad lower than Garrett." The obvious problem with THIS is we don't know if Barnett will be there. So maybe all of this trade up talk from 12 is really just so we can get Barnett?

My head is spinning and I'm completely nervous and anxious. I'm already reading the headlines of how the Browns "Browns-ed it up, and couldn't help it!"

Make this pick and the laughter continues. I very seriously doubt that a rookie Trubisky could beat out either Kessler or Osweiler, so there's a good chance we won't see Mitchell play until we're 1-12, and how is a rookie on a losing team going to play? Why, he'll be awful!

^

^

^

^

Yep. How long will the legacy of Browns gonna Browns last? Do this and you can just shut down the franchise.

Just move 'em to San Antonio and call them the Alamos, because it will be another massacre.

If it's Trubisky it's 100% a Haslam pick.

An analytics driven front office does not use the first pick on a QB with 13 starts to his name. The sample size is simply not enough to return that grade.

The coaching staff want Garrett. Greg Williams told people at the senior bowl that unless he's in prison come draft night the Browns are taking Myles Garrett.

I still don't think it'll be MT but if it is, Haslam has got involved and pulled rank, again.

Haslam took Manziel to sell tickets and re-energize the fan base.

Unfortunately, as he's hopefully discovered, that only lasts so long when that pick is not an NFL quality player.

Mitch has by far greater potential, but he is still quite raw. Please, not at #1.

If it's Trubisky it's 100% a Haslam pick.

An analytics driven front office does not use the first pick on a QB with 13 starts to his name. The sample size is simply not enough to return that grade.

The coaching staff want Garrett. Greg Williams told people at the senior bowl that unless he's in prison come draft night the Browns are taking Myles Garrett.

I still don't think it'll be MT but if it is, Haslam has got involved and pulled rank, again.

You are 100% correct. Let's hope he wakes up or the FO says fuck it and draft Garrett

It would be the end of the innocence. Fans would leave, NFL writers would have a field day making fun of us (even MORE), and Trubisky would forever be linked to Carson Wentz.

Which is fine because Trubisky will turn out much better.

This is a pick that will very likely destroy Hue Jackson and our front office. Kiss them goodbye if Mitchell doesn't work out. Also, the pressure to play the #1 pick will be IMMENSE. Look at how awful Jared Goff was last year, who by all accounts, was rated as a much better prospect than Mitchell.

NO, he wasn't.

Jeff Fisher knew Goff wasn't ready, and he put him in anyway and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Why would we take Trubisky? It's pretty simple.

It is pretty simple...it is because he is seen as a potentially superior player.

We know we may have whiffed on Carson Wentz (the jury still out, but he showed some stuff last year), so we absolutely KNOW we can't miss on our QB this year. That pressure is what will make us take Trubisky. We also take him if we have Derek Barnett with a similar grade to Myles Garrett.

Which I do....and others may as well.

Sure, Garrett is the superior prospect, but if it's CLOSE in our eyes, we'll probably say, "Well, we can know for a fact that we'll get our #1 QB, and get a pass rusher who is just a tad lower than Garrett." The obvious problem with THIS is we don't know if Barnett will be there. So maybe all of this trade up talk from 12 is really just so we can get Barnett?

If Barnett is not there, then there are other defenders who are prospects just as good as him at positions of greater need....like defensive back....or OLB, or DT.

My head is spinning and I'm completely nervous and anxious. I'm already reading the headlines of how the Browns "Browns-ed it up, and couldn't help it!"

Make this pick and the laughter continues. I very seriously doubt that a rookie Trubisky could beat out either Kessler or Osweiler, so there's a good chance we won't see Mitchell play until we're 1-12, and how is a rookie on a losing team going to play? Why, he'll be awful!

And we won't be any better...at all, if we don't pick him.

As has been said over and over....a QB has more impact than a single defensive player.

In addition to Garrett, the Browns would still need 3-4 more quality defensive players to make this defense any good.

On offense they may just need that QB...and a TE to go along.

If you want Trubisky just trade up for God's sake. We could easily have our cake and eat it too by sacrificing a couple of the 8000 2nd round picks we got.

And I am perfectly good with that. You accumulated this ammunition to use it. Make it go BOOM>

Twice yesterday a reporter reported a conversation with Sashi. The overridding comments were:

• We've known who we will take for two weeks.
  • We are taking an impact player.

95% of the Garrett vs. Trubs at #1 bullshit occurred within the past two weeks.

Of the two only one has 2017 impact potential.

Q.E.D. it's Garrett...

whoever we take will get criticized up and down.

coulda shoulda woulda. if garrett turns out to be craig powell? if tubisky turns out to be charlie frye?

a lot of us said last year knowing the tank was on that there had better be MASS improvement this year on the field. i don't care who you pick (well i kinda do garrett howard and kaaya.....thank you) you better have this team looking like it's going in the right direction. not one cutting half the rookies you picked last year.

haslam will have to do a hard look at his stance on 'i'm behind this FO 100% for how ever long it takes' if the browns go 3 and 13 and people are no where to be seen at home games.

What are your tought of drafting limp biscuit at 1 then trading out the 1st round to compile more picks for the future? I would not be surprised if this happens today.

Can't see it... we have picks. If for no other reason than spacing out contract expirations, you have to spread out your picks.

To all intents and purposes, I have effectively stopped listening to sports talk for this exact reason. Tomorrow, after we've (hopefully) taken Garret, no one's gonna remember how these douche bags stirred the pot, nor will they take any accountability for their bs.

I remember years ago the NY Post reporting on the same day that Lou Holtz was staying as coach of the Jets, the Knicks were calling off trade talks for Bob McAdoo and that Muhammad Ali has officially retired. Next day, same paper, Holtz took off to Notre Dame, Knicks acquired McAdoo, Ali announced that he was fighting (maybe Holmes?)...

It's all crap just to keep us engaged. Most of these guys know nothing more than the fans here.

And your examples are from a time when sports reporters had integrity... :)

A few still do, e.g., Chris Mortensen.

Teams would want both our number 2s this year and next years 2

Nah, depends on how high we would move....

Just depends on where they trade up to IMO. We go all the way to #2, we'd be talking a 1st/3rd. 6 to 12? Perhaps two second rounders and a 3rd.

Again depends- if you use the JJ chart the #2 pick is worth 2,600. Our #12 is worth 1,200. That would mean our #12 & #33 plus a first and second in 2018. The move to the Titans #5 is far less costly. Only need to "make up" 500 points. Our #52 is worth 380. That and the lowest of our second round picks in 2018 is plenty. I'd bet the Titans would take it without a second thought. First Mitch has to get past the 49ers and Bears to make it happen. Tour did point out the 49ers might have Cousins on their minds in 2018, and just might go defense. The Bears need a lot, but picking up Glennon and paying him means they can wait to draft a project qb.

And to those who think we're trading up to draft a defensive player- forget it. Plenty of top defenders to be had at #12. The only way we're trading up is for a QB, and it has to be the one they have rated as the #1 QB prospect.

Honestly, if this FO believes Trubisky is the answer at QB, take him at 1. I'd prefer Garrett and BPA at 12, but with the defensive depth of this draft the last thing I would want is to trade up from 12.

If the Browns end up spending 1, 12, 33, and 65 to draft Trubisky and Garrett, I'll be pissed. I'd much rather just take the QB at 1, then use those three picks to get 3 defensive players. Some years the trade up would be ok, but with the talent pool being as deep as it is this year..... just make the picks.

Is it 8pm yet?

Archived