THE BROWNS BOARD

Last guesses for draft night

CaineDeSoulis

Firstly I'm excited that the browns will improve this year with such a good draft class to choose from.

What I hope happens

1.1 Myles Garret

1.6 [TRADE] Malik Hooker

1.33 Davis Webb

What I think WILL happen

1.1 Myles Garrett

1.6 Mitch Trubisky

2.33 Joe Mixon

Or maybe

1.1 Mitch Trubisky

1.6 Malik Hooker

2.33 Taco Charlton

What I fear will Happen

1.1 Mitch Trubisky

1.5 Leonard Fournette

2.33 Traded

Also if Adams and Hooker happen to be available at 6 then Adams over Hooker but frankly that's preposterous.

1.1 - Garrett

1.12 - Foster

2.1 & 20 - Williams/Baker/Jackson...or best FS/CB available....

Give me this and I leave happy......and they can take all the WR's and crappy QB's they want after that...and Id still be happy(ish)

I have talked myself into wanting a trade up, assuming the cost isn't an extra first rounder.

1 Garrett

5 Trubisky

Think Browns are there too Tim. We have talked to 3 teams up. imho I think it maybe a team attached to Crows 2nd round tender? We bought out Arss for another 2nd in 18 too. I think FO try's to avoid giving up next years 1st at all cost. at my count, that would give them 6 2nd's to avoid it.(HIGH! 2nd Rounders)

I just want to have a good draft. Hate seeing other teams getting better through the draft and we throw out picks in the toilet.

1 garret

12 hooker

33 taco

52 king

65 Conley

I just want to have a good draft. Hate seeing other teams getting better through the draft and we throw out picks in the toilet.

1 garret

12 hooker

33 taco

52 king

65 Conley

A defensive guy after my own heart. Just pick 'em and give Williams the reigns to drive this show. Dog Pound will love it and put up with whatever the O does or does not do in hopes of next year going after the QB.

I think we're definitely trading up from 12 to 5 or 6, either with the Titans or the Jets. The Titans make a lot of sense because they already have two first rounders, and if they could add another second rounder PLUS some picks, they would be in EXCELLENT shape coming off a solid year that tragically ended with a fluke injury to their QB. The only thing that prohibits this trade is the Titans would like safety or corner help, and pick #5 is prime real estate to maybe get the best safety or corner in the entire draft (which is saying something in a draft DEEP in both positions). The only reason the Jets don't make the deal is if they fell in love with a QB, and they want to guarantee they get their man. We're going to trade up from 12, I can almost promise it. Biggest holdup for the Browns is that they won't want to part with pick #33, and they will try to package the #52. Jets and Titans will absolutely want the earlier pick, which is considered super valuable. So who do I want? Even though I feel like we're totally trading up, I'll do both scenarios:

1. Myles Garrett - Browns front office, coaching staff, and even the owner should NOT underestimate the immense backfire and fan ire if Garrett isn't picked first. I've spoken to many fans who have said they will be DONE with the Browns if they don't take Garrett first. Most of them are probably full of crap, but I'm guessing not all.

12. I'd love Hooker, but I don't think he'll be there. Even with the medical stuff, somebody will grab him before this pick. It's a passing league, and Hooker can be a special talent. My pick is OJ Howard, who may also be gone.

33. Budda Baker or Melifonwu to help at the safety position. Easy choice. Obviously if we somehow get Hooker, this pick changes, but he won't be available. (If we DID get Hooker, I'd look at Corey Davis, WR or the Miami TE)

52. Desmond King, CB from Iowa I believe.

65. Chad Kelly, QB from Ole Miss. Maybe a bit higher than others have him, but I'm willing to use pick 65 on a QB who I think has tremendous upside.

If/when we trade up from 12 to 5:

1. Myles Garrett - don't be dumb

5. Mitchell Trubisky - Just watched some more highlights, and this guy looks exactly like something Hue Jackson would want. Loves the read-option, fast enough, and plenty of arm talent. Not afraid to attack the middle either.

33. Browns somehow manage to keep this pick, and trade away #52 plus some 2018 picks. We go safety here, either Melifonwu or Budda Baker.

65. Absolutely LOVE the idea of Gareon Conley here. Love it, but I still don't think he slides this far. NFL teams have excellent investigators, and if nothing happened, they will know. If he's gone, TE Jake Butt.

Why not one more?

• 1.01 MG... no matter what...
  • 1.12 Trade down... just feels like the only impact players left will be "untouchables" at this point... hope it's Foster, but netting another 2nd, or 3rd and 4th. Look for teams with Offensive needs at OT or QB to be interested, namely Indy, Denver and Houston. Indy at #15 overall has three 4ths and Denver at #20 overall has a pair of 3rds... we can balance with 5ths as needed. Houston at #25 overall is a little poor, but has an extra 4th.... and there are always 2018 picks to mix in by any and all. So...
  • 1.xx "Our QB" could still be there or another trade down is possible, but taking a shot at a self-inflictedly flawed prospect will be more palatable. If still not palatable enough, then the best CB on the board.
  • 2.01 Marcus Williams (FS)... just what the doctor ordered... what Dr. Tour orders anyway.
  • 2.20 Sidney Jones (CB)... might roll the dice and wait a little longer, but the CB run should be well under way by this pick, so why wait for this faller?
  • 3.01 Brad Kaaya...This pick feels headed to no-man's-land. Barring an unexpected faller it's a reach pick. If no QB has been taekn to this point, why not reach here?
  • 3.xx Taywan Taylor (WR)... the kid is a special return guy with size, crisp lateral movement and game speed that belies his 4.50 time at the Combine... and he's a good WR to boot.
  • 4.01 Shaquill Griffin (CB)... good size, great leaping, nice CB...
  • 4.xx Brian Hill (RB)... came late to my attention, but now he has it.
  • 5.01 Chad Kelly (QB)... seemed like time to do something I said I'd never do.
  • 5.31 ===> gone in trade balancing
  • 5.37 Robert Davis (WR) small school kid with big talent...
  • 6.01 Brenden Langley (CB)... yup another one...
  • 6.04 Justin Senior (OT)... nice, late add to our OL mix

Interestingly enough (perhaps this has been posted), Sashi has told sources the #1 pick choice has been known for the past two weeks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802664/article/decision-made-browns-have-settled-on-no-1-pick-of-nfl-draft

I get this (bad) gut feeling that decision is Mitch Trubisky. I do think the guy has potential to be a good signal caller, but I just think we have such a good opportunity to get MG AND Mitch via trade-up if that's really what they want in the draft. I'm keeping my fingers crossed based on the fact they've talked to a lot of teams about trading up that they are locked into Garrett, but I just get that bad feeling.

Interestingly enough (perhaps this has been posted), Sashi has told sources the #1 pick choice has been known for the past two weeks:

Also said the pick will be an "impact player". Who better fits that qualifier?

Also said the pick will be an "impact player". Who better fits that qualifier?

Trust me, I hope you're right. It really has nothing to do with the bullcrap chatter of the last few days because that always pops up. I've just had that feeling for a while they've dialed in on Trubs.

4.xx Brian Hill (RB)... came late to my attention, but now he has it. Tour

My ultra-stupendous mock draft says you are welcome !

1. special teams maven *insert name here"

2. special teams maven *insert name here"

3. special teams maven *insert name here"

No-you wanted OJ @ 12 remember. :P And we both would have taken Foster before Peppers. :D

Pretty damn harsh, Ag. Yes, I wanted OJH or Foster, but those were my mocks... this was my guess what we would do. Maybe I should have quoted a bigger chunk of my prognostication.

• 1.12 Trade down... just feels like the only impact players left will be "untouchables" at this point... hope it's Foster, but netting another 2nd, or 3rd and 4th. Look for teams with Offensive needs at OT or QB to be interested, namely Indy, Denver and Houston. Indy at #15 overall has three 4ths and Denver at #20 overall has a pair of 3rds... we can balance with 5ths as needed. Houston at #25 overall is a little poor, but has an extra 4th.... and there are always 2018 picks to mix in by any and all. So...
  • 1.xx "Our QB" could still be there or another trade down is possible, but taking a shot at a self-inflictedly flawed prospect will be more palatable. If still not palatable enough, then the best CB on the board.

I demand a recount....

Archived