THE BROWNS BOARD

Warrane Sapp say Garrett isnt worthy of #1 pick

nickers

Posted already. Does not need it's own thread. It's a repeat of his comments on Clowney.

Whatever JR

Couple comments on ESPN yesterday...

• "Sapp sounds like someone searching for relevance."
  • "Sapp's comparison of Garrett to Courtney Brown is ludicrous."

I know the latter comment was made by Bill Polian and shared by McShay. I know Bill added, "I don't know how much tape Warren looks at."

Not sure about the first, but I think it was Damien Woody.

• "Sapp's comparison of Garrett to Courtney Brown is ludicrous."

Except, of course, it is not at all ludicrous. CB was as highly touted.

And one thing they say about Garrett that was true about Brown is that they both had a measure of passivity to their game at times.

And the main thing about CB, was that he did suffer career ending injuries. Now, that is not something that one can predict, but it has happened enough times to #1s

Emtman

Kijana Carter

Bo Jackson

Tim Couch

Clowney to date

Ricky Bell.

Ernie Davis?

Daniel Jeremiah today on Dan Patrick phu phued the criticism of taking plays off stating it was a non-understanding of two things, the amount of plays required of a DE in a college game being way more than the pros and .................wait for it..................Garrett having to deal with double /triple teams almost every one of those plays. He felt that criticism basically had no legs for this player. His conclusion was Garrett is the best player in the draft and the Browns should select him.

Trubinsky will need to sit a year at least. We don't need that. Let's build the crown to put the jewel in it. If not we will have a wooden crown with fools gold in it.

Why? What is your rush to get the QB of the future in right away. We can build the crown, but that does not mean you don't collect the jewel you need to top it off.

If it is a "wooden" crown, as you say, it would be because this FO fucked up everything else they do. You know, it is not a one man game. They have to fill 21 other starting spots.....and they have 11 draft picks to do this.

They have their OL pretty solidly in place....(only ? is RT). If they do go Garrett #1, then they should have the makings of a pretty damned good DL....with Shelton/Obgah/Nassib/Bryant/Meder.

If they have a wooden crown...it is because they would have fucked up on their other picks, not because they didn't get the right QB (assuming he is the right QB)

I don't know who Trubinsky is, and if he has to sit a year, so be it.

As far as Trubisky goes, what fucking difference does it make if he has to sit? In that case, any new QB will have to sit. Build a jewel? YOu mean like the fucking piece of shit Hue and company built last year? WTF are you basing your faith on that 2017 is going to be better than the 1 - 19 shit we have now?

The Browns need a QB....they need hope.....they need a leader. An asshole edge rusher for 188 million dollars isn't going to contribute jack shit to anything.

Dude, every year it's one of these guys with you...

The Browns were asshats for not drafting Paxton Lynch last year...

Whatever fucking name you were posting under during the Osweiler draft the Browns were fucktards for not taking him that year... now we have him and he's a sack of shit.

Can't wait to watch all the sand falling out of your vagina for the next six months when they don't take Mitch tomorrow.

Actually hoping they do now so your damn head can spin for a few weeks while your looking for the next thing to bitch about.

If you put farve on this team as it stands as a whole does not mean shit. You will still lose. Build a FUCKING somewhat team. No TEAM no WINS. One out of 11 on the field dies not change the win count. This year we can add pieces that don't have to sit one or two years.

If you put farve on this team as it stands as a whole does not mean shit. You will still lose. Build a FUCKING somewhat team. No TEAM no WINS. One out of 11 on the field dies not change the win count. This year we can add pieces that don't have to sit one or two years.

OK, you want "immediate contributors". You're forgetting this FO is building a team for the long haul, not quick fixes, immediate impact.

I am tired of wasting picks hoorta. I want solid players that are solid without question marks in the first or second round. We build this through the draft. I really don't see our future QB in this class.

Quick fixed are in free agency.

Warren Sapp is a piece of shit whose opinion I hold in less regard than Ghoolies. If he's saying Myles isn't worth the 1st pick I'm even more on board with taking him.

Simply put.....if we draft a player at #1......then draft a QB with our 2nd first rounder.....we are following the EXACT formula previous regimes have failed with......exact

I am tired of wasting picks hoorta. I want solid players that are solid without question marks in the first or second round. We build this through the draft. I really don't see our future QB in this class.

Quick fixed are in free agency.

Of course the fact is, every single other person/position that YOU think is solid and without question mark could bust just as easily as the QB that you think would be no good.

About the same ratio of DEs and OLBs taken in the top 10 of the draft have been busts as have QBs. Between 2000 and 2015 (not counting 2016...too early), you have the following names:

Dante Fowler

Jamal Reynolds

Gaines Adams

Derrick Harvey

Vernon Gholston

Dion Jordan

Jamal Anderson

Aldon Smith

Courtney Brown

So, don't be sure about what you think you know.

Simply put.....if we draft a player at #1......then draft a QB with our 2nd first rounder.....we are following the EXACT formula previous regimes have failed with......exact

So? You are arguing to take the QB with our first first round pick? Sounds like it.

So? You are arguing to take the QB with our first first round pick? Sounds like it.

No....Im not arguing anything....or suggesting we draft a QB at one....

Im simply stating a fact about the Browns history(and I know you like facts and history).....

Simply put.....I dont want to spend a 1st round pick on a qb NOT good enough to draft with our first pick...again....and again....and again.....and NOW...POTENTIALLY......again....

Archived