THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft Central... The Pro's

Tour2ma

Except for Adams and Thomas being too low, I resemble that remark... ;)

Plus I still don't see a place for Trubs...

• Adams
  • Allen
  • Thomas
  • Foster
  • Hooker
  • Howard
So I guess the resemblance is slight at best...

Where do you value Trubisky?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about where the person you are addressing values him, but here is an article about Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. It has the Browns taking both Garrett and Trubisky at 1 and 12.

(I am still not of the opinion that he will be there at 12....Kiper's prior mock had him going #2....but he says the signing of Hoyer and Barkley by the Niners negates them taking a QB at #2. I am not sure I buy that completely)

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/espn-draft-expert-now-projecting-151948338.html

SF aren't taking a QB they will get Cousins next year.

Jets look most likely to take a QB in the top 10

I know that SF and Cousins want that deal to happen. Skins have said NYET, so far anyway. I would like to see that deal happen.

But if they did the deal...who plays QB for the Skins? McCoy? The skins then become almost a certainty to be in the QB market (they draft #17 overall)....unless they want to bring in Cutler or Kaepernick. Those talks could certainly be happening.

Yes, Jets probably ARE THE most likely.

McCown...no future there. Hackenberg/Petty? Any future there if they don't take a QB.

I'm not sure I've ever been asked a harder question.

I tried placing him in my revision to your list at 3... stepped back... moved him to 5... then 6... then off. He is simply not in my top group of players... my impact guys.

And I have players all over my board who I think have a better shot being a career starter in the NFL than Trubs... even have one in the 6th round whose odds I like better.

Not trying to dodge answering, but so far I guess I do not have a value on him...

I don't know about where the person you are addressing values him, but here is an article about Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. It has the Browns taking both Garrett and Trubisky at 1 and 12.

(I am still not of the opinion that he will be there at 12....Kiper's prior mock had him going #2....but he says the signing of Hoyer and Barkley by the Niners negates them taking a QB at #2. I am not sure I buy that completely)

This

I've said before that MT will not be there after the Jets pick...and maybe not even then.

If someone wants him they will need to trade up to #5 (Tennessee).

...Now, if ALL the stars lined up and the Jets didn't pick him then Buffalo would probably pull the trigger. In which case Hue would have to trade with his old team.

I personally feel that some of what the 'Harvard Committee' does will be based upon the thickness of the ice they think they're standing on. I mean, let's face it, they took over a bad team and managed to make them horrendous......with a trigger fingered owner.

Couple more "pro" mocks...

BLEACHER REPORT: Brent Sobleski

(Posted March 21)

1.01 Garrett

1.12 Patrick Mahomes

2.01 Obi Melifonwu, UConn (33),

2.20 DT Montravius Adams. Auburn (52),

3.01 TE Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech (65),

4.01 CB Howard Wilson, Houston (108),

5.01 S Rudy Ford, Auburn (145),

5.32 DT Tanzel Smart, Tulane (175),

5.38 WR Trent Taylor, Louisiana Tech (181),

6.01 LB Calvin Munson, San Diego State (185) and

6.04 QB Josh Dobbs, Tennessee (188).

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED: Chris Burke

(Posted March 22)

On March 15, Burke's mock draft 7.0 had the Browns taking Garrett No. 1 and Trubisky No. 12. His version 8.0 has Garrett and Trubisky again going to the Browns, but a trade with the Jaguars for the fourth pick is required to get their quarterback.

Burke's deal has the Browns trading No. 12, No. 33 (second round) and No. 175 (fifth round) for the Jaguars' No. 4 and No. 187 (sixth round). He has the Jaguars landing Allen at No. 12.

NFL.COM: Lance Zierlein

(Posted March 27)

Zierlein has projected a few trades in his latest mock draft. They include the 49ers (No. 2) and Panthers (No. 8) swapping picks, and the Panthers taking DE Solomon Thomas at No. 2. But perhaps the real surprise is his pick at No. 12 for the Browns: Alabama DE Jonathan Allen. It's as far as we've seen Allen fall in mock drafts, although a pairing of Garrett and Allen would certainly change the look of the Browns' defensive line.

CBSSPORTS.COM: Rob Rang

(Posted March 27)

Just like last week, Rang has the Browns getting the Garrett-Trubisky combo in the first round.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_mock_draft_2017_roundup_a.html

i have a feeling Allen is going to slide purely based on his medical. Look what happened to Myles Jack last year. He fell all the way to the second round. Similar to Daquan Bowers from a few years ago as well. Also, IMOP Allen kind of has that Aaron Donald feel to him where everyone knows he is a great player, but for some reason he slid down the board. Finally, I don't think a qb is going in the top 10. SF, CHI, and the Jets are all going to wait because they have bigger needs. I think the Jets are pulling a Cleveland and are going to try and tank this year to set themselves up for next year. Not a chance the Bills take a qb after re-signing TT. Basically, that leaves NO, whom I think would take one of the qb's there before CLE picks. However, if Allen or Thomas are still on the board and there, I think you have to take them over the qb. That is a defensive nightmare for opposing teams. I would then try to trade back up into the first to grab either MT, DW or PM whomever is left. After CLE drafts at 12, ARZ is a threat to take a qb and then no one else really until HOU at 25. I just feel all these qb's are bunched together with not much separating them in order to justify taking someone so high.

Problem sometimes with a guy like Casserly is that they make mock drafts based on what they WANT to happen, not based on what decisions they think teams will make.

Neither Hooker nor MT last as long as he says. He just put them there because he wants to.

... or because he doesn't think they are worth taking earlier. Something with which I agree.

That is what I said. He is doing a mock based on HIS opinion....which ain't better than yours. Like I said, he is NOT doing a mock based on what he thinks the teams will do...which, in my opinion is what I think a mock draft should be.

I already have a bet with Stan for a pitcher of Margarita's that MT will go in the Top 12 (or was it 10...I would have to check).

You wanna enter the fray?

I could live with S.I.'s latest through 3rd Rd, although I would have taken RB Foreman @ 65 who they have going to Philly @ 72.

1. DE Garrett

12. QB Trubisky

33. DT Brantley

52. CB Jackson

65. RB Kamara

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/29/nfl-mock-draft-first-third-round-picks

I could live with S.I.'s latest through 3rd Rd, although I would have taken RB Foreman @ 65 who they have going to Philly @ 72.

1. DE Garrett

12. QB Trubisky

33. DT Brantley

52. CB Jackson

65. RB Kamara

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/29/nfl-mock-draft-first-third-round-picks

Bear in mind that I have not watched a ton of film on Kamara but he never blew me away in any of the games I watched Tenn play. Was anyone else glued to SEC football who could give some insight?

PFF has a new 3-rounder out:

• 1.01 MG
  • 1.12 Adams
  • 2.01 Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
  • 2.52 Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
  • 3.01 Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

Full draft here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-3-round-mock-draft-myles-garrett-marshon-lattimore-first-off-board/?utm_content=buffer79538&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

Noteworthy others on the board at time of pick:

• 1.01 Everyone.... :)
  • 1.12 Thomas, Reddick
  • 2.01 McKinley, Obi, Conley, Adoree Jackson, King, Wilson, Sidney Jones, Peppers
  • 2.52 Brantley, Awuzie, Engram, Kizer, Mixon, Marcus "My FS" Williams, Zae Jones, Eddie Jackson
  • 3.01 Budda Baker, McMillan, Rasul Douglas

And Walter has a new, 5-round out...

1.01 MG

1.12 Trubs

2.01 Conley (CB)

2.22 Baker (FS)

3.01 JuJu Smith-Shuster (WR)

4.01 Jaleel Johnson (DT)

5.01 Jamaal Williams (RB)

5.32 Sam Rodgers (FB) ???

5.38 Josh Dobbs (2nd QB) ???

And another MG - Trubs, 1-2 from CBS Sports...

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Cowboys find next Witten; Fournette falls out of first round

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-find-next-witten-fournette-falls-out-of-first-round/

Spoiler Alert: the new Witten is Engram??? I thought Witten could block.

Under the PFF picks there is no way I take anyone over Thomas there, because a miracle will have occurred for that to have happened and I would have taken that as a sign from God that he wants his second son to play for the Browns so Cleveland gets a football resurrection. :D

Note: God please have a sense of humor and don't strike me dead. Plus his name is Solomon-very biblical. ;)

This nonsense about Fournette falling out of the first round is simply Retarded. Yeah, running backs are "devalued" and all of that, but last time I checked teams still LOVED to run the pill, and he can do it better than most. He ain't going second round...they can get that taste out of their mouth. Also, I don't think running back is anything CLOSE to a position of need for the Browns, but if OJ Howard is gone by 12, something tells me Hue Jackson likes Dalvin Cook. I have absolutely no factual information to support this, LOL...just a feeling. Cook can catch, break the big one, and runs like the wind. Yeah, his 40 time wasn't "mind blowing", but I watched him play A LOT, and slow...he AINT. And the thing with Cook is he just needs a crease...just a tiny crack...and he's GONE. He's extremely powerful, more so than you'd think, and he has big play potential out the ying-yang. He excels at counter plays, and our OL is athletic enough to pull and get out in front. His vision is truly special, and I can see him coming to town. Bitonio NEEDS to stay healthy because when he was playing, we could run the damn ball.

Again, it's not what I would do at 12, but Cook is special. I just happen to think we have SO MANY other positions of need.

Speaking of Fournette and 12...

It's reported that he's shed 12# between his Pro-Day and his round of team visits...

Archived