THE BROWNS BOARD

Detroit forced by DOinJ to hire and coddle students who can't speak English

calfoxwc

Lol.

Yeah Dearborn is probably insisting on more Irish, Germans or Hasidic Jews.

WSS

The point is, they aren't being forced to hire only Arab teachers. That was the point I was trying to make. In response to the thread title and posts within it. Nothing in that article says otherwise.

or, you can be like Cal and be a paranoid asshole. You could read every report like this and assume the worst from those damn Libs! and Obamao! and whatever. View everything as some plot to crush your beliefs...

So, I mean, it is your choice Steve.

So, woodypeckerhead, if you walked into a dark alley, and a big thug

"suggests" that you give him your wallet,

were you "forced" to hand over your wallet, or you just decided you

didn't need it anymore anyways?

That is what this article is about. And I'm tired of you playing the dumbass victim

when you just don't understand what you read.

The choice, Woodster, is to simply admit the case. It's fairly obvious what's going on here and, as I said to die hard, probably going on in other areas with heavy minority population ie Arizona and Texas with Hispanics. But rather then to make sense you prefer to pretend that it isn't happening because you don't like Cal and you feel some silly need to defend the president no matter what. I would understand if you said "yes this is what's happening and I agree with it" but you don't. You'd rather pretend it isn't happening.

I personally don't like affirmative action but if I had to gas I would think that arabs are in less need of it then, well, less successful races.

Pretending that hiring practices forced upon a district in order to make for a more dangerous staff does not mean hiring more Arabs or Arab Americans in a predominantly Arab neighborhood is just stupid.

You may certainly support or oppose the practice but just try to be a little less, well....

WSS

I don't like race based AA either.

I'm just saying, the article didn't say what you said it does. For all we know the district had been discriminating against Arabs and refusing to hire them.

That sounds ridiculous. And if it sounds ridiculous it is ridiculous.

If the complaint was brought by the Arab American community and the ruling was that the district had to add more of a certain ethnic background to achieve diversity it really couldn't mean anything else.

But we agree on race based affirmative action. I do not think it's good for the minorities it's intended to help either. It tarnishes the achievements of the members of whatever community who have actually succeeded on their own.

WSS

So, woodypeckerhead, if you walked into a dark alley, and a big thug

"suggests" that you give him your wallet,

were you "forced" to hand over your wallet, or you just decided you

didn't need it anymore anyways?

That is what this article is about. And I'm tired of you playing the dumbass victim

when you just don't understand what you read.

Poor woodpecker meets owl:

Archived