THE BROWNS BOARD

Christianity or Islam

Westside Steve

To the best of my knowledge, there's also no muslim 'pope' equivalent, acting as the highest authority on the planet, capable to theologically overriding the guys bending the quran to their will. I wonder how much of an effect that might have.

ISIS leader? Nah, not buying that. I could declare myself descendent of muhammed, and have as much credibility. I meant like a democratically elected guy, universally acknowledged leader of muslims worldwide, like the pope broadly is.

I didn't say he is. I said he declared himself to be. But his army of followers gives him just a small amount more credibility than you.

By the way the Pope is only the leader of catholics not Christians in general.

Yuh, no shit...

Pope Francis just seems like you would hope a religious man would act.

Very much agree. None of the old-fashioned crap about this group or that group of people are going to hell, just campaigning for peace, tolerance and understanding.

This is what I was getting at with islam - there's no real equivalent, worldwide respected leader preaching the 'true message' whatever that may be.

Understand that the relationship between Palestine(islam) and the Jews goes all the way back to Abraham and his two sons, Isaac and Ishmael.

Ishmael came first because Abraham didn't trust the word's of God when promised a son. So Abraham had a son with the servant Haggar, that is Ishmael. 13 years later, God's promise came to fruition through the birth of Isaac, God's chosen vessel that birthed the Israeli nation.

There were 2 promises made.

1. Isaac is God's chosen.

2. Ishmael would still birth and bring for a great people (All Palestinians)

This has all happened. It's over land and who feels they rightfully are entitled to it. Palestinians (Arabs) feel that it should be theirs as Ishmael and his cousin later, Esau, should have the birthright to the land of Israel. However the Jews, and their scriptures state that God promised the land to Isaac and his descendants. It's the people, not necessarily the religion. The fight between Israel and Palestine has been raging long before Muhammed penned the Koran.

Unfortunately some nutcases try and justify their violence using the Koran and Islam.

Look, there will never be peace unless someone is willing to make huge concessions and both Israel and all of Palestine are too hard headed for such a thing to ever happen.

Israel is hard-headed? How so?

They gave back Gaza for peace. You see how that worked out.

But both are "hard-headed" ???

That's complete baloney. Israel just had over 3000 missiles shot at them,

for reason at all, except that hamas is determined to destroy Israel and all Jews.

Israel is hard-headed? How so?

They gave back Gaza for peace. You see how that worked out.

But both are "hard-headed" ???

That's complete baloney. Israel just had over 3000 missiles shot at them,

for reason at all, except that hamas is determined to destroy Israel and all Jews.

You're missing the historical point. Both sides are too hard headed to realize that peace is a viable option. They have been lobbing spears, arrows, swords, cannon balls, bullets, grenades and missles at each other for centuries. Yes, concessions have been made. But it's not enough. And the extremists on the Arabs side will never let it rest regardless of what is conceded.

I'm just trying to shed some light on the cluster f@&* known as the middle east.

No, I'm not. Historically, Israel has been attacked, declared war on, threatened with

extinction, constantly been terrorist attacked...

and constantly had to defend itself. How the hell you think self defense is the same as

bigoted assault is beyond me.

Israel defends itself, and you claim they aren't interested in peace, ....

Now you just agreed with me, about Israel giving up Gaza for peace. Then you claim

Israel doesn't think peace is a viable option. Well, would you? They DID until it was proven

that it will never happen because of the aggression from ONLY the other side.

Here's a historical point for you, btw: The palestinians could have had their own state when

Israel got theirs. But they refused, out of objecting that Israel shouldn't have one, and out of

insane hatred about israel as a state, would exist near them.

Israel was so hard-headed about peace, that they gave up Gaza, and it's backfired dangerously,

because many palestinians and hamas do NOT WANT PEACE TO EVER HAPPEN FOR ISRAEL......

Amazing

it's the terrorists and hamas, etc who want war, and destruction, and assaults going on

with the Israelis.

You're missing the historical point. Both sides are too hard headed to realize that peace is a viable option. They have been lobbing spears, arrows, swords, cannon balls, bullets, grenades and missles at each other for centuries. Yes, concessions have been made. But it's not enough. And the extremists on the Arabs side will never let it rest regardless of what is conceded.

I'm just trying to shed some light on the cluster f@&* known as the middle east.

so in your opinion what should Israel do that would satisfy Hamas or alqueda or the PLO or Isis or any of these assholes?

What can they do to bring peace to the region?

WSS

I think the Friday noon prostrating motion toward Mecca by the practicing Muslims is not much different from their jewish counterparts in terms of ritual and reverence

towards God. And even the catholics mimic the old covenant law by using priests and holy invocations towards God. And being brought up as a catholic - it was a guilt trip thing....

there is no correct formula of response to the sinner saved by grace who relies on the work of Jesus Christ on the cross....

to them, the worship and praise of what Jesus did to save mankind for those who believe, is all that one needs to do to enjoy the peace and joy from such salvation....

wont find this in Islam, in a jewish synagog and sadly.. even the catholic church itself.

Archived