THE BROWNS BOARD

They shot one of my homies, lets go get some free stuff!

woodpeckerhead, you "feel" all the time - instead of keeping to the

subject of threads, you go off on stupid tangents, where you can be

snide and have something to say that doesn't require wisdom, experience,

or pertinent information.

That's why you are the butt of the board.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

I attribute the attitude you're describing more to socioeconomic status than race.

I realize parts of African culture have been absorbed into Ameeican culture (like ever other culture). You were making the point about black culture having these negative side effects. Attributing the short comings of blacks in Africa and blackd in America to the same"culture". I don't see that as being true. There are many, many more factors at play than some culture linked only by skin color...

Yes you feel like they do put pressure on each other to do those things and emphasis on them in their communities?

I'm not sure you've spent any time in predominantly african american communities. After all most african Americans who attain an upper middle class or upper class economic status choose to leave those communities and move to other communities. I'm not sure those people are relevant to this conversation.

Let's ask this question a different way but I'm not sure you'd be able to answer honestly. Would you rather grow up in a trailer park or urban public housing?

I'm not sure you've spent any time in predominantly african american communities. After all most african Americans who attain an upper middle class or upper class economic status choose to leave those communities and move to other communities. I'm not sure those people are relevant to this conversation.

How are they not relevant? They're a major counterpoint to your argument...

I must have missed these brainwashing liberal professors you keep going on about. I don't believe there were any in my department....

I got a co-op offer from GE, but it wasn't at that plant. I might have accepted if it was, but I heard it was a very shitty place.

What's your point woody do you know? It's pretty common that as more blacks become middle class and start moving out to the suburbs the other inhabitants of those suburbs start moving further out. It's that reason that formerly nice suburban areas like garfield heights are now considered sort of crappy areas. That process takes a while but it always happens

Yeah Euclid is pretty crappy and other traditionally affluent communities on the east side are inexorably falling victim to that as well. Take shaker heights for instance. Once only the richest lived there and now despite there still being some really nice old housing and beautiful schools it's slowly becoming an undesirable place to live. Crime is up. School performance is down. Cleveland heights is another. Beachwood still has some years but pretty soon the affluent folk of Beachwood will start moving out to orange and beyond

se Canton is becoming a place you do not drive through in places.

I did, once, meeting my fiance at a swim party, obviously decades ago,

and two grade school black kids through rocks at my truck when I realized

I made a wrong turn.

After two rocks, I got out and said "HEY, what did I do? I'm lost, stop throwing

rocks at me!"

And their mom stomped out of the front door, and was screaming that she was going

to call the poiice because I was harrassing her kids....

She said that after I told her right after she came off the porch, that her boys were

throwing rocks at my truck.

Goin downhill. Cysko nailed it. And woodpecker is trying to argue based on whinyness because

he never knows what he's talking about.

So these neighborhoods are going downhill because of "black culture". But those black families in middle class and above situations, they don't have "black culture". So really the "black" part has little to do with it but the socioeconomic status does...

So these neighborhoods are going downhill because of "black culture". But those black families in middle class and above situations, they don't have "black culture". So really the "black" part has little to do with it but the socioeconomic status does...

Socioeconomic status does play a part, but it is in no way justification for unlawful actions or the reason they are stuck in the "ghetto". There is a way out. The only thing holding an individual back is themselves and the choices they make.

There is a mentality and trend growing that there is a certain level of entitlement with those at lower income levels. The protests against fast food(FF) chains and wanting $15.00 an hour for entry-level work is a perfect example. FF jobs, the majority, are entry-level, for the part-time high school or college kids. Over the last two decades, seniors have found comfortable employment to supplement social security. However, for the rest, they are expecting an employer to compensate for their inability, their lack of motivation, and the plethora of bad life choices that have led them to feel that FF employment is all that is out there. No FF chain should be forced to pay above a job grade just because the media wants to jump on the topic trying to create sympathy. Employers, regardless of the associate and their current level of income should not be forced to compensate for the poor choices that an associate makes.

This is the mentality that is being nurtured and cradled. It is wrong and is wrong of the media to try and gain social support.

Obamao's racist big mouth, and worse, his and holder's actions, have encouraged

the BLACK subculture problems to be worse.

Most of it started with the dirtbag LBJ and his ideas to make

poor blacks depenent.

Bill Cosby talks about it. Dr. Ben Carson talks about it.

I can name more.

They talk about the serious problems that have arisen in the

subculture of black community, that has become dependent,

and lackluster, and willingly dependent on the gov.

Naturally, woodypeckerhead denies it. Sad.

Socioeconomic status does play a part, but it is in no way justification for unlawful actions or the reason they are stuck in the "ghetto". There is a way out. The only thing holding an individual back is themselves and the choices they make.

There is a mentality and trend growing that there is a certain level of entitlement with those at lower income levels. The protests against fast food(FF) chains and wanting $15.00 an hour for entry-level work is a perfect example. FF jobs, the majority, are entry-level, for the part-time high school or college kids. Over the last two decades, seniors have found comfortable employment to supplement social security. However, for the rest, they are expecting an employer to compensate for their inability, their lack of motivation, and the plethora of bad life choices that have led them to feel that FF employment is all that is out there. No FF chain should be forced to pay above a job grade just because the media wants to jump on the topic trying to create sympathy. Employers, regardless of the associate and their current level of income should not be forced to compensate for the poor choices that an associate makes.

This is the mentality that is being nurtured and cradled. It is wrong and is wrong of the media to try and gain social support.

2 things I'd like to say about this:

1. This is why illegal immigration has not been addressed properly in this country. The native people of this country are not going to happily work for the little compensation received for this type of work. In the south, I would guesstimate that approximately 60-70% of these employees are in fact illegal. So our government turns a blind eye because they realize these companies would suffer from their deportation. The dems want their votes and the reps(and dems) want to capitalize on their profit potential. That is why there never will be a hard stance on immigration.

2. If we did deport illegals and left our own citizens to fill those positions, the wages would skyrocket. The market more than anything else would determine that. The market works both ways. If no one takes those jobs for less than $15.00 hr than McDonalds better open the wallet or close the doors. Thats business. What shouldn't happen though is the government stepping in to change minimum wage. I could truly care less about the struggle of corporations in this country, but rather the small businesses that promote competition would be the real victims.

2 things I'd like to say about this:

1. This is why illegal immigration has not been addressed properly in this country. The native people of this country are not going to happily work for the little compensation received for this type of work. In the south, I would guesstimate that approximately 60-70% of these employees are in fact illegal. So our government turns a blind eye because they realize these companies would suffer from their deportation. The dems want their votes and the reps(and dems) want to capitalize on their profit potential. That is why there never will be a hard stance on immigration.

2. If we did deport illegals and left our own citizens to fill those positions, the wages would skyrocket. The market more than anything else would determine that. The market works both ways. If no one takes those jobs for less than $15.00 hr than McDonalds better open the wallet or close the doors. Thats business. What shouldn't happen though is the government stepping in to change minimum wage. I could truly care less about the struggle of corporations in this country, but rather the small businesses that promote competition would be the real victims.

But there is always a market for McD's and FF jobs. They are part-time entry level jobs for high school and college kids. At least they were when I was in high school and college. Those jobs aren't meant to support a single mom with 4 kids and no daddy at home or a lazy ass daddy at home who doesn't do anything. Plus, if you give those workers 15.00 an hour, they will just blow the money on booze, dope, cigs, bigger cable package, whatever. Most people stuck in those jobs are there because they don't know how to handle life and make good decisions or learn from their bad decisions.

Archived