THE BROWNS BOARD

They shot one of my homies, lets go get some free stuff!

The Crusades thing is meant to shed a negative light on Christians, not whites.

I also don't think anyone here is trying to demonize whites to make the other races look better.

I'm just going off of what I remember from that thread. And I remember that it was a Retarded, Retarded thread. You were basically being as racist as you could be but still cling to the "its just their culture" line.

Why the crusades is meant to shed a negative light in Christians is silly. The genises of the crusades in case anyone cares about historical fact was to protect Christian pilgrims in their pilgrimage to the Holy lands where they were routinely being slaughtered by muslims. After a while it just became a war, which is unfortunately quite common in the middle east. After the forces of guy of lusignan surrendered to saladin and were beheaded to the man they decided the holy lands sucked anyway and lost the taste for war there. But the crusades started with a pretty noble purpose.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way it certainly is.

Also I would not say that american black culture extends to Africa Cuba or Jamaica.

WSS

American black culture doesn't extend to Africa but it certainly had its genises in Africa. The Caribbean culture also has its roots in Africa although it has evolved differently than the culture of American blacks.

I am not insulting black people although criticism is often construed as insult when people can't face criticism, nor did I say you had white guilt although some of the things you say could really be construed that way.

You pretty much described white guilt in your post...

I don't know about white guilt. I just think a lot of white people want to stop being called racist (it will NEVER happen) so they treat black people with special care to try and prove they're not racist and it comes off looking racist. In my mind the best thing to do is to treat black people with no special consideration at all and to be considerate to them without going out of your way to try and prove how "down" you are with their plight.

My question to you woody, since I have no credibility having compared American black culture to African culture, is do you not believe that the descendants of Africans who were brought here as slaves retain some of their African culture? Do you think that as slaves they just abandoned the culture that they once had and assimilated completely with American culture or white culture as it were? That's ridiculous to anyone with a brain. The slaves preserved as much of their former way of life as was possible given their circumstances and they passed what they knew from generation to generation just as whites have. Just because our way of life has changed as Americans does not mean we abandoned the customs and culture of Europe from whence we came and neither have African Americans fully abandoned the customs and culture of Africa from whence they came. In fact they probably tried harder to preserve it since it was stolen from them.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia that will answer that for you. Of course if you bothered to check you could find many many more articles about the root culture of Africa as it relates to the current black culture

African-American culture, also known asblack culture, in the United States refers to the cultural contributions of African Americans to the culture of the United States, either as part of or distinct from American culture. The distinct identity of African-American culture is rooted in the historical experience of the African-American people, including the Middle Passage. The culture is both distinct from and enormously influential to American culture as a whole.

African-American culture is rooted in Westand Central Africa. Understanding its identity within the culture of the United States it is, in the anthropological sense, conscious of its origins as largely a blend of West and Central African cultures. Although slavery greatly restricted the ability of African-Americans to practice their original cultural traditions, many practices, values and beliefs survived, and over time have modified and/or blended with European cultures and other cultures such as that of Native Americans. African-American identity was established during theslavery period, producing a dynamic culture that has had and continues to have a profound impact on American culture as a whole, as well as that of the broader world.[1]

Elaborate rituals and ceremonies were a significant part of African Americans' ancestral culture. Many West African societies traditionally believed that spirits dwelled in their surrounding nature. From this disposition, they treated their environment with mindful care. They also generally believed that a spiritual life source existed after death, and that ancestors in this spiritual realm could then mediate between the supreme creator and the living. Honor and prayer was displayed to these "ancient ones," the spirit of those past. West Africans also believed in spiritual possession.[2]

In the beginning of the eighteenth century Islam began to spread across North Africa; this shift in religion began displacing traditional African spiritual practices. The enslaved Africans brought this complex religious dynamic within their culture to America. This fusion of traditional African beliefs with Christianity provided a common place for those practicing religion in Africa and America.[2]

After emancipation, unique African-American traditions continued to flourish, as distinctive traditions or radical innovations in music, art, literature, religion, cuisine, and other fields. 20th-century sociologists, such as Gunnar Myrdal, believed that African Americans had lost most cultural ties with Africa.[3] But,anthropological field research by Melville Herskovits and others demonstrated that there has been a continuum of African traditions among Africans of the Diaspora.[4]The greatest influence of African cultural practices on European culture is found below the Mason-Dixon line in the American South.[5][6]

For many years African-American culture developed separately from European-American culture, both because of slavery and the persistence of racial discrimination in America, as well as African-American slave descendants' desire to create and maintain their own traditions. Today, African-American culture has become a significant part of American culture and yet, at the same time, remains a distinct cultural body

Now answer the question I asked you. Do you believe black communities put pressure on other blacks to succeed in the traditional fashions of Americans? To work hard, get good grades, go to a good school and attain a career? Because it seems to me, especially in the lower socioeconomic class that encompasses most black communities that pressure to do better generation by generation is not there or at least very poorly represented. Black folks that do are often labeled as acting white or uncle toms by their peers.

Now answer the question I asked you. Do you believe black communities put pressure on other blacks to succeed in the traditional fashions of Americans? To work hard, get good grades, go to a good school and attain a career? Because it seems to me, especially in the lower socioeconomic class that encompasses most black communities that pressure to do better generation by generation is not there or at least very poorly represented. Black folks that do are often labeled as acting white or uncle toms by their peers.

I am living through this saga right now. My wife is black. Her family is pretty much the Huxtables except for my sister in law. She got her masters in business but chooses to surround herself with hood rat fucking morons. They think she is acting white by getting an education. So to fit in she is lowering herself to their dipshit level (dates thugs etc.). The family tries to get her to use her fucking brain but all of her friends despise things like education and success. It is a lost cause. I imagine it is only a matter of time before she ends up in jail for housing a drug dealer.

I am living through this saga right now. My wife is black. Her family is pretty much the Huxtables except for my sister in law. She got her masters in business but chooses to surround herself with hood rat fucking morons. They think she is acting white by getting an education. So to fit in she is lowering herself to their dipshit level (dates thugs etc.). The family tries to get her to use her fucking brain but all of her friends despise things like education and success. It is a lost cause. I imagine it is only a matter of time before she ends up in jail for housing a drug dealer.

My sister in law is black,,,not an American black however. She was an immigrant from Ghana who came to this country LEGALLY, earned a masters degree and never once whined about racism or discrimmination. She in fact is embarrassed by the behaviour and attitudes of American blacks.

She also hates Obama.

Love this girl.

Yes.

I attribute the attitude you're describing more to socioeconomic status than race.

I realize parts of African culture have been absorbed into Ameeican culture (like ever other culture). You were making the point about black culture having these negative side effects. Attributing the short comings of blacks in Africa and blackd in America to the same"culture". I don't see that as being true. There are many, many more factors at play than some culture linked only by skin color...

I didn't attribute it to them being black that's your emotional reaction to it and you just made me talk like cal so good job. I merely pointed out its a more prevalent attitude in their culture and I specifically called out the lower socioeconomic class. Whether you like it or not they largely exist in that class due to a variety of factors. Prejudice is one although that excuse is waning quickly. Cultural attitude is another and that one is still going strong.

Yes you hate the police and want anarchy. Good call. Anarchy wouldn't be terrible at all.

I thought the Texas guy was the only anarchy guy.

Walter's hate of the cops is annoying. Too bad we couldn't work something out where he could go through life without any of their assistance

I didn't attribute it to them being black that's your emotional reaction to it and you just made me talk like cal so good job. I merely pointed out its a more prevalent attitude in their culture and I specifically called out the lower socioeconomic class. Whether you like it or not they largely exist in that class due to a variety of factors. Prejudice is one although that excuse is waning quickly. Cultural attitude is another and that one is still going strong.

You are starting to sound like Cal, which isn't a good sign for your argument. I'm just basing this off of that first thread. You said blacks here and in Africa underachieved because of "black culture". Where in reality both those cultures have very little similarities. The main similarity I'm seeing is skin color. Call that "emotional" if you want.

Like I said, I think more of what you're describing is just a certain socioeconomic culture. Something that all races can experience.

You are starting to sound like Cal, which isn't a good sign for your argument. I'm just basing this off of that first thread. You said blacks here and in Africa underachieved because of "black culture". Where in reality both those cultures have very little similarities. The main similarity I'm seeing is skin color. Call that "emotional" if you want.

Like I said, I think more of what you're describing is just a certain socioeconomic culture. Something that all races can experience.

I'm quite sure you don't clearly remember the thread in question and you're basing this off of things you want to think I said. What you're remembering is your buddy heck doing everything in his power to spin statistics into racism. Doing a poor job as I remember.

Well, Steve, Cysko and others have made you look like the woodypeckerhead, butt of this board, that you are.

I didn't even have to join in, your drivel makes it so easy.

Archived