THE BROWNS BOARD

Blood on Obamao's hands - thought ISIS was a joke

calfoxwc

Deuteronomy is also part of the Torah (and subsequently not part of the New Covenant with Jesus). Got any verses to cherry-pick from Leviticus while you've got Google open?

1) That was kinda the point. Glad you're keeping up.

2) While we're on the subject, if the Old Testament is to be completely ignored, why is it still included in the bible?

3) Let's swap Christianity for Judaism - happy now?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you're a fucking tool.

You keep complaining about myself and woody not having anything of substance to say (needless to say I disagree but that's not the point) yet here I am asking you to actually show me where I'm wrong on something and you've got nothing to back it up. So who's the tool with nothing to say? Please, prove me wrong. Why am I naive about what I posted?

1) That was kinda the point. Glad you're keeping up.

2) While we're on the subject, if the Old Testament is to be completely ignored, why is it still included in the bible?

3) Let's swap Christianity for Judaism - happy now?

1,3) Stop cherry-picking. Making me happy or not isn't the point, it's shitty debate tactics. e.g. Y'all harp on Cal/whoever about the condemnation of homosexuality via Leviticus. Quit calling the kettle black.

2) Meh, not totally ignored, thus it's inclusion. Jesus was specifically asked about "the rules" and he addressed them with "the new covenant". Since you've still got bible.google.com opened up, I'm not going to bother looking for the specific passage. But I think the OT is included to learn where the religion evolved from; plus provide evidence of fulfillment of several prophecies. And then probably so Religious leaders can misrepresent bits and verses to keep themselves in a leadership role.

I love how guys try to preach scripture that have no understanding of the difference between the old testament and new testament, the old covenant and the new covenant.

Also, Christianity has caused many to suffer under the banner of Christ. This however, does not mean that it is "Christ" approved. Christ, who a Christian follows (duh, right) never used force or political leverage, never. Yet it was the Holy Roman Catholic Church, under Constantine, that raised the banner of Christ for political and religious gain. This again, doesn't make it right. So remember, there are millions of Christians that do not espouse this type of militant, zionistic, religion. So do not try and put all Christianity and religion under the same umbrella.

As for why the bible includes the O.T.? That's a great question and not easy to verbalize quickly. I think the quickest and best way to put it is this.. Jesus Fullfilled the OT. He was the exact representation of the Law. So to pull OT scripture out to try and critique Christianity is poor logic. Now there are stupid Christians that use the OT to try and prove their points, and they are just a guilty of poor hermeneutics as the non-Christians. There are some good resources I can point someone to that speaks to the violent nature of the O.T. and how we can harmonize it with Christ.

I love how guys try to preach scripture that have no understanding of the difference between the old testament and new testament, the old covenant and the new covenant.

Also, Christianity has caused many to suffer under the banner of Christ. This however, does not mean that it is "Christ" approved. Christ, who a Christian follows (duh, right) never used force or political leverage, never. Yet it was the Holy Roman Catholic Church, under Constantine, that raised the banner of Christ for political and religious gain. This again, doesn't make it right. So remember, there are millions of Christians that do not espouse this type of militant, zionistic, religion. So do not try and put all Christianity and religion under the same umbrella.

this, this right here is the exact point people are making when 'defending' Islam. Much of what is done in the name of islam, in terms of terrorism, is not what islam is about, not what mohammed was talking about. The religion has been distorted to give more power to the people in charge, particularly in countries where literacy is low and the only way to know what the quran says is to have someone else tell you.

500-1000 years ago, we were in the same position in europe. Christianity was used as a weapon to keep the masses under control and to go to war.

this, this right here is the exact point people are making when 'defending' Islam. Much of what is done in the name of islam, in terms of terrorism, is not what islam is about, not what mohammed was talking about. The religion has been distorted to give more power to the people in charge, particularly in countries where literacy is low and the only way to know what the quran says is to have someone else tell you.

500-1000 years ago, we were in the same position in europe. Christianity was used as a weapon to keep the masses under control and to go to war.

Correct, but we aren't in the middle ages and there are millions of Christians who don't want to be grouped into Louis Black, Bill Maher theology.

Allah Akbar.

The president is bungling this issue enormously. Even Democrats are starting to turn on him. It is necessary to commit troops to the ground to end this now before it truly spirals out of control. I cannot fathom what he is thinking, but now is not the time for politics. Now is the time for decisive action and to assert authority and control over the situation. Obama is spineless if he doesn't act, and each massacre iris gets away with the more bold they get and the more disenfranchised young monsters they lure to their cause with promises of the blood they will get to shed.

All the more reason to have the president have some military experience.

Obamao doesn't listen to our generals, he just fires them.

Obamao has more and more and more blood on his hands,

only because he can't make legit decisions,and doesn't

have the understanding to be a legit AMERICAN president.

that isn't helping, that's a diversion from the right answer,

which is, I've said it before - an AMERICAN president supports

AMERICAN family values. And our AMERICAN military.

And our AMERICAN CONSTITUTION. etc.

This dirtbag president does not. At all.

that isn't helping, that's a diversion from the right answer,

which is, I've said it before - an AMERICAN president supports

AMERICAN family values. And our AMERICAN military.

And our AMERICAN CONSTITUTION. etc.

This dirtbag president does not. At all.

Alrigh, so an AMERICAN president does subjective thing you subjectively like and attribute to good ole Real American.

Pretty much what I was expecting

Lol, I got a chuckle out of that.

Most of those sound great. But one person can only do so much.

I'd also be interested to see how he (and his party? majority needed in senate to pass things?) would actually make things work with a 43% cut in everything (including military).

I'd also be interested to see how he (and his party? majority needed in senate to pass things?) would actually make things work with a 43% cut in everything (including military).

No one likes taxes. It's easy to say you'll cut taxes and get everyone to like you. But they serve a purpose...

But yeah, I'm not really sure where he'd take spending from. We'd need a little D or R to decide... Lol

Let's not forget about isis kids. David Cameron hasn't thank christ.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11038121/David-Cameron-Isil-poses-a-direct-and-deadly-threat-to-Britain.html

God help us if we wait until the people that are concentrating on Michael Brown finally come around

Let's not forget about isis kids. David Cameron hasn't thank christ.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11038121/David-Cameron-Isil-poses-a-direct-and-deadly-threat-to-Britain.html

God help us if we wait until the people that are concentrating on Michael Brown finally come around

Yeah, you keep talking about how it's been forgotten, but I'm really not saying the same. Perhaps because it's having a bigger impact here - with young british muslims actually being convinced to go and fight WITH them, and families being torn apart because of it. Not sure if that's happening in America as yet.

Archived