THE BROWNS BOARD

ISIS destroys the tomb of jonah

The Cysko Kid

This is a real shame. A biblical tomb thousands of years old significant to several religions just destroyed out of hand. Why is no one worried about ISIS? The situation is all bad over there.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/benjamin-blech-an-ancient-tomb-meets-a-modern-horror-1406848430?mobile=y

It's all about religion? Sure, except when destroy the tomb of one of your own prophets. Nah, it's about power, and stepping on anyone and anything to get it. Call me a hippy, but why the fuck can't people just be nice to each other?!

I think you're naive as hell gft.

Yep, in some cases I am. No, I don't think it's a bad thing as I'm not planning to run for office any time soon. But no, I'm not seriously expecting ISIS to sit down and share a prayer circle with the people they're killing, I'm just tired of all the various groups claiming they're the superior group because they have a certain religion, or were born in a certain country or whatever.

I see this temple as being a place of historical importance. The original Iraq war the United States avoided targetjng mosques to the detriment of our war effort. I think it's the historical significance of this place that makes the destruction offensive. Not just another opportunity to spout anti religious rhetoric.

WSS

I abhor the destruction of historically significant artifacts for any reason, regardless of if they're religious or not. But the point that I was making was that their rhetoric is generally religiously influenced, trying to make a caliphate, sharia law etc, yet here they are destroying something of huge significance in the muslim world. If they truly wanted to champion islam, as they claim, they would not be targetting something like this - suggesting that their actual intents have very little to do with religion, and a lot to do with just gaining power by any means necessary.

There's a real disturbing lack of coverage on the Islamic state even though there is a for real persecution of Christians going on there. Syria is fighting them and Iraq Lebanon and Iran but we hear little of it here. They're actively recruiting Americans and brits. The ramifications of this are extremely severe yet almost no one is covering it. I simply can't believe we don't have boots on the ground over there right now. Instead all I hear about is mexico and Palestine both of which are quite minor threats next to ISIS

It IS very concerning. Anytime any group is so all-in with themselves, that

they would mow down anybody who isn't like them, in their path...

reeks of the worst examples of genocidal maniacs in history.

How is it that so many soldiers become this extremely violent and destructive?

Who knows, maybe they got their money from Iran, and from Obamao to help the "Syrian rebels"

fight against Assad. Reminds me that isis is the kind of Arabic extreme hate group that influenced

the nazis back in the day.

What worries me is there are young people from the UK (and maybe US?) going over there to fight with ISIS. It's not like this is group of villager whipped up in to a frenzy, they have some global recruitment methods.

... Really Steve?

Wasn't that your point?

What group do you think ISIS was talking to? The Aryan Nation (who certainly suck badly enough though I don't worry about a terrorist threat)?

I'm guessing no.

Personally I think multiculturalism is great in most instances.

But mostly when the word American in a hyphenated title is the important one.

WSS

I don't blame Obama for all the world's problems like some do but the decision to leave Iraq in chaos and fund syrian rebels was a terrible grave error that the people there are no paying for with their lives. Despite the fact that they hate us they're now crying out for our aid and our esteemed leader is basically saying "get fucked". Whether or not we should have toppled saddem in the first place (probably a bad idea) we should have occupied the area for decades. honestly the best option now would be to send 1,000,000 troops there, utterly destroy isis with extreme prejudice and send a message to the Islamists who is top dog before they decide to expand the caliphate to Europe.

I don't blame Obama for all the world's problems like some do but the decision to leave Iraq in chaos and fund syrian rebels was a terrible grave error that the people there are no paying for with their lives. Despite the fact that they hate us they're now crying out for our aid and our esteemed leader is basically saying "get fucked". Whether or not we should have toppled saddem in the first place (probably a bad idea) we should have occupied the area for decades. honestly the best option now would be to send 1,000,000 troops there, utterly destroy isis with extreme prejudice and send a message to the Islamists who is top dog before they decide to expand the caliphate to Europe.

It seems like these islamist groups are like one of those annoying boss monsters - cut one down, two come back in their place. The biggest benefit would be helping to raise the literacy and education level, make sure that these people can't be indoctrinated by rogue imams. While also containing ISIS, of course, can't let them go around like they're the fucking vikings.

If you LOOK you will see that they are committing atrocities with impunity that make nazis look like good people. However few news outlets are choosing to cover it deciding instead to chastise Israel. What's happening between Israel and Hamas is not really threatening to spiral into a global crisis.

We are probably not talking about it because we would have to start rubbing 'friends' of ours in the dirt. The US would have to explain why we turn a blind eye to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia funding to these savages. American businessmen need those countries to capitalize on ME resources and we all know their vote is the loudest. The dirty little secret over there is our own allies fund these dirtbags. You can argue til youre blue in the face its all indirectly being funded to these groups, but you'd be an ignorant bitch to think that. Ironically we liberated a country from terrorists, that funds terrorism. So this problem will not be front page until a scapegoat solution is found.

Obamao has been sending big bucks to his favorite charity, the muslim brotherhood.

And doing nothing about Iran supplying missiles to hamas.

And Obamao has been pulling the rug out from under Israel.

In my opinion since we overthrew the government and destabilize the region and then just took off when it was pretty clear they were incapable of protecting themselves we have an obligation to them. One that sort of includes making sure that every single minority isn't murdered for not praying right.

In my opinion since we overthrew the government and destabilize the region and then just took off when it was pretty clear they were incapable of protecting themselves we have an obligation to them. One that sort of includes making sure that every single minority isn't murdered for not praying right.

Agree. Letting ISIS takeover that entire region would be a huge mistake.

While I sympathize with the Kurds, we are simply going to chase the tail of the snake around the ME. What is the end game solution? Even if we decimate ISIS to nothing, someone will come in and take their place. The money suppliers are the key to ending this and our government has always refused to address that issue. Drop something on people that aren't foot soldiers and something might come of this. You might sleep better tonight and the Kurds might buy some time, but unless we occupy again this isn't doing anything.

When they were on the march, in hundreds of trucks along the major highways, was the time

to take them out.

But this ignorant dirtbag president won't make hard decisions. He will just vote "present", exactly

like we talked about back in the day, before he was ever elected.

Now? they've kidnapped hundreds of young women, taken over cities, and driven thousands

of Christians and non-Isis Muslims out of their homes.

THEN, this dirtbag finally decideds on air support? Russia is poised to invade E. Ukraine,

the Middle East is getting ready to explode, China is looking for trouble, and our border

is a gigantic health and crime illegal alien crisis, fast and furious, Benghazi, NSA, IRS, HHS,

VA,

How can anybody deny this is a marxist direction in this country, and that we have a completely corrupt,

inept empty suit dirtbag trying to run our country into the same dirt?

When they were on the march, in hundreds of trucks along the major highways, was the time

to take them out.

But this ignorant dirtbag president won't make hard decisions. He will just vote "present", exactly

like we talked about back in the day, before he was ever elected.

Now? they've kidnapped hundreds of young women, taken over cities, and driven thousands

of Christians and non-Isis Muslims out of their homes.

THEN, this dirtbag finally decideds on air support? Russia is poised to invade E. Ukraine,

the Middle East is getting ready to explode, China is looking for trouble, and our border

is a gigantic health and crime illegal alien crisis, fast and furious, Benghazi, NSA, IRS, HHS,

VA,

How can anybody deny this is a marxist direction in this country, and that we have a completely corrupt,

inept empty suit dirtbag trying to run our country into the same dirt?

It's like putting a bandaid on an amputated limb. Drop some MRE's, bomb an artillery site. See, I did something.

Archived