THE BROWNS BOARD

So Obama is bringing Ebola to THE USA!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why they need to come back: Africa's infrastructure is a mess and there is a metric shit ton of misinformation over there. The indigenous peoples tend to blame the hospitals for people getting sick while advocating for traditional (read: pretty much useless) remedies. These people don't understand that the pathogen is a fluid-borne agent, so contact with sweat (ie. handshake) can pass on the illness to healthy people. These factors are huge contributors to the outbreak over there.

Why it's okay that they're coming back: Africa's healthcare infrastructure is a mess. As much as people want to bitch about the US healthcare system, we have probably the best sewage system in the world, and a quarantine here can very well keep this illness contained. If ebola was an airborne pathogen, it'd be a different story, and I'd be scared shitless.

While there's no outright cure for ebola, there are treatments for it. The serum of a patient who has survived it has been kept, and the opportunity to take this serum (which includes anti-ebola antibodies) will be given to these infected people.

If they'd been left in Africa, Fox would be blaming the Obama administration for abandoning them.

But come on now the cure rate for Ebola is very very low. Is it worth any risk of spreading the disease to the USA? And if it is so 'difficult' to get, why did the doctor and the lady catch it? Why do they wear head to toe protective suits along with filtration masks? Something smells funny.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/31/ebola-vaccine-trial/13404609/

If they'd been left in Africa, Fox would be blaming the Obama administration for abandoning them. Vapor

Probably. OTH, Obamao abandoned our American soldier in Mexico. He does that.

BTW, seriously, does this mean we should all start using hand sanitizer a hell of a lot more, what with

Ebola being brought here, and illegal diseased aliens coming here, and Obamao shipping them all

the hell over the place?

I think he should just set up a camp at the WH, and keep them there. DC won't be all that much

the worse for it....

But come on now the cure rate for Ebola is very very low. Is it worth any risk of spreading the disease to the USA? And if it is so 'difficult' to get, why did the doctor and the lady catch it? Why do they wear head to toe protective suits along with filtration masks? Something smells funny.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/31/ebola-vaccine-trial/13404609/

1 - Yes, at this point, the risk is worth it. The disease can be contained with the proper infrastructure.

2 - The doctor caught it because he was probably spending 10 hours a day treating Africans, many of whom were infected, with very poor hygiene. Lots of potential for exposure there.

3 - Better to be safe than sorry. There's a very, very small chance you can spread it by coming into contact with say particles that the victim coughs or sneezes out of their mouths.

Anyways, the danger of this disease is the very low survival rate. If you get it, there's a good chance you croak soon. Turns out, because it's such an effective killer but is not easily transmissible, the danger of an ebola epidemic actually happening is very low, per the CDC.

I will take your word for it, I was 8 when he left office ;)

I will also take your word for it

I was 18 when he left office

Ebola isn't airborne which means you can effectively not get it from not sharing bodily fluids with others. The super flu from the stand is much more plausible. Yes. It's much more plausible that the flu will kill us all than ebola.

But is Obama to blame for the super flu?

Archived