THE BROWNS BOARD

Pet peeves

One Post

Where to begin, so many. I'm a grumpy old man at age 30.

People chewing with their mouth open

People slurping their drinks

People insisting on making elevator small talk

People (usually old people) who don't know how to use automated machines

People who take forever to pay for things

People who don't recognise personal space

People who are overly enthusiastic

People who are overly reticent

Babies on planes

Parents who don't control their children

Those children

People who use 'text speak' on the internet even though there isn't a character limit

People who don't know how to use technology

People who cut in the queue

Not having enough leg room on planes (and I'm not that tall)

Guy going shirtless in sports - if I have to guard you and you're covering me in your sweat, I hate you

People trying to convert me to their religion

Simple to avoid plot holes

Bad beer

Stupid people

I'm sure I'll think of more. People, generally 99% of the population, irritate me in some way.

Oh, and, people who keep making pointless threads on a football forum ;)

Where to begin, so many. I'm a grumpy old man at age 30.

People chewing with their mouth open

People slurping their drinks

People insisting on making elevator small talk

People (usually old people) who don't know how to use automated machines

People who take forever to pay for things

People who don't recognise personal space

People who are overly enthusiastic

People who are overly reticent

Babies on planes

Parents who don't control their children

Those children

People who use 'text speak' on the internet even though there isn't a character limit

People who don't know how to use technology

People who cut in the queue

Not having enough leg room on planes (and I'm not that tall)

Guy going shirtless in sports - if I have to guard you and you're covering me in your sweat, I hate you

People trying to convert me to their religion

Simple to avoid plot holes

Bad beer

Stupid people

I'm sure I'll think of more. People, generally 99% of the population, irritate me in some way.

Oh, and, people who keep making pointless threads on a football forum ;)

It is the Barber Shop section. Was I supposed to start gabbing about RG3 again? :)

Pet Peeves - 'In the Office' version

People who send an email, then come over to my desk and say 'I just sent you an email let's talk about it'

People who ask how to do every little thing (one time, new guy literally asked how to print an email)

People who always want to talk

People who eat smelly food at the desk

People who leave shit all under the desk

Overbearing bosses

People who always clock in and out exactly when the contract says

People who find it necessary to make small talk in the kitchen

People who use the meeting room I've booked "well, the one next door is free, just use that" no fuck off, I booked this one

"Working hard? Or hardly working! Am I right?!" No you're a fucking moron.

That guy. There's always one. HR has a filing cabinet for all his complaints, and a single file where there might be anything to them. He always has to make a fuss and get things his way. Dick.

"What are you doing tonight?" people. And then, the "oh wow, you're going to do [that thing]? really, wow, oh my goodness, wow" like playing a game of soccer or going to the gym is such a revolutionary idea that it leaves them speechless.

Oh, and, people who always ask pointless questions like 'what are your pet peeves'? ;)

Pointless union strikes and capitulations by management. For example, we now have automated ticket machines all over London, which mean that we need fewer ticket offices open, which obviously means fewer jobs. But thanks to pointless union strikes, I know have to get my ticket checked immediately after I swipe in, so that there is a job for someone to do. You thought Oniel Cousins was a human turnstile? No, I literally have to go through human turnstiles to get to and from work.

Pet Peeves - 'In the Office' version

People who send an email, then come over to my desk and say 'I just sent you an email let's talk about it'

People who ask how to do every little thing (one time, new guy literally asked how to print an email)

People who always want to talk

People who eat smelly food at the desk

People who leave shit all under the desk

Overbearing bosses

People who always clock in and out exactly when the contract says

People who find it necessary to make small talk in the kitchen

People who use the meeting room I've booked "well, the one next door is free, just use that" no fuck off, I booked this one

"Working hard? Or hardly working! Am I right?!" No you're a fucking moron.

That guy. There's always one. HR has a filing cabinet for all his complaints, and a single file where there might be anything to them. He always has to make a fuss and get things his way. Dick.

"What are you doing tonight?" people. And then, the "oh wow, you're going to do [that thing]? really, wow, oh my goodness, wow" like playing a game of soccer or going to the gym is such a revolutionary idea that it leaves them speechless.

Oh, and, people who always ask pointless questions like 'what are your pet peeves'? ;)

Oh god. I couldn't work in the office. I've gotta be in the field and there's enough of that shit there.

I have many pet peeves and I am generally pretty irritated. I will condense it down to a few.

Dumb people who are under the illusion that they are clever.

Lazy people who play dumb to get out of working.

People who interject in the middle of things they don't understand thus increasing the time it takes to find a solution to the problem they didn't understand.

Kids behaving poorly in public set off my former juvie guard sense. I can't tolerate watching the parents let it happen or seeing the kids get by with it. When I was in Charleston, SC, I saw a lady slap the shit out of her son for backtalking her. She started to apologize profusely and I told her not to worry about it. I asked jr if he deserved it. He nodded and mom was glad that she found someone walking around who gets it.

Lol Logic.

Pet Peeve.

Rude customers. It's so easy to be a complete dick to someone on the other side of the counter knowing they can't tell you what they really think. Just once I'd love to punch one right in the face.

Lol Logic.

Pet Peeve.

Rude customers. It's so easy to be a complete dick to someone on the other side of the counter knowing they can't tell you what they really think. Just once I'd love to punch one right in the face.

"I've just had a really shitty day and here's someone who's paid to not say anything back, so I'm going to bitch"

Yup.

Pet Peeve.

Butchy Lesbians that hate men. Not hate like they want nothing to do with them in a sexual nature, rather just hate them for existing. My theory is they're jealous of our gender and our equipment. Ya they can sew a rubber one on but it ain't gonna do the trick. Ya they strap one on but just ain't the same thing. It's lickty split.

Customer service does go both ways. Everyone has something going on in their own lives so if everyone stays respectful it all works.

Let's say for instance a woman just gets bad news at a Doc. appointment. She goes in a gas station and gets a bottle of water.

The cashier had a bad morning when she got a call from her kids school and her kid has misbehaved ...again.

Either of the two are thinking of the exchange of words it's just a bad situation. People are people.

And I think you mentioned this one, people who don't supervise their unruly brats in public. I hate kids anyway but even more when this happens.

Did anybody mention barking dogs? I hate neighbors whose dogs bark all the fucking time. I don't want to hurt the dog, I want to shoot the owner and let the dog moved into the house.

WSS

Archived