THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon entering rehab

LondonBrown

i know people say you can be addicted to WEEDA, but i don't buy it one bit.

It doesn't matter what they say.. I'll take Dr.Drew on that over the words of stoners.. what matters is whether or not they quit. They say they can.. but never do. And remember: Just because they TELL YOU they quit.. doesn't mean they aren't lying.. yes, to you.. and continuing to toke. As with every addictive substance, marijuana isn't addictive for everyone.. but the person for whom it's not the greatest thing ever wouldn't have a reason to keep smoking it.

Dr. Drew describing marijuana withdrawal - and whether or not a person "loves" it.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Don't release him. There is ZERO reason to ever release him. If you release him, all that will happen is another team will pick him up and wait. Its low risk high reward. We wouldn't get any pick for him that would be worth it. We haven't been offered a pick for him that was worth it for years. Sit and wait. He still has two more seasons under his rookie contract.

2. I am at least 90% sure he failed another test and he is just getting ahead of it. Might as well start the process of getting back now. Maybe the NFL will go easy on him and let him reinstate at the start of training camp next year if he spends the next 3-4 months in rehab (why they would ever do this I wouldn't know). 10% chance is that the pressure of using was hitting him hard with the thought of having to come back and play and he decided it would be better for him to go to rehab so he could play some time this season/next season.

1. Don't release him. There is ZERO reason to ever release him. If you release him, all that will happen is another team will pick him up and wait. Its low risk high reward. We wouldn't get any pick for him that would be worth it. We haven't been offered a pick for him that was worth it for years. Sit and wait. He still has two more seasons under his rookie contract.

Yup- I'm thinking the same thing. Not playing extends his rookie contract indefinitely. We don't have to pay him either. The rights to that other loser Justin Blackmon are still owned by the Jaguars IIRC.

Josh Gordon is probably gonna go to the patriots or something and have a HOF career.

It would be the Browns luck BB.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of talent? I mean, seriously I can't think of anyone in over 30 years. I have no issue with someone entering rehab of course as that takes courage in many cases (well... in some cases that is) but the fact he waited until the last minute speaks of something else happening behind closed doors. For example I could definitely see something taking place like the Browns testing (on their own) outside the league mandate, recognizing he was still using, and scurrying him away to rehab before the NFL caught on. In truth that makes a lot of sense to me given the timing.

Still though the question remains - has there ever been a bigger waste of talent after being given so many chances? I can't think of any.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of talent? I mean, seriously I can't think of anyone in over 30 years. I have no issue with someone entering rehab of course as that takes courage in many cases (well... in some cases that is) but the fact he waited until the last minute speaks of something else happening behind closed doors. For example I could definitely see something taking place like the Browns testing (on their own) outside the league mandate, recognizing he was still using, and scurrying him away to rehab before the NFL caught on. In truth that makes a lot of sense to me given the timing.

Still though the question remains - has there ever been a bigger waste of talent after being given so many chances? I can't think of any.

Well none of us really knows how many chances JM was given. The fact he was suspended 4 games regardless of who might pick him up tells me is was more than once. The Browns just wrote him off early in the process unlike JG. Favoritism maybe?

It's all a big shame ... But Coleman/Pryor is not so bad, is it? And they seem committed to being the best they can be. And the rookies backing them up are getting lots of reps now withe Coleman out ... Ricardo Louis looked solid in his first action.

Pryor/Coleman is gonna work, though. Josh was just pie in the sky.

Z

Tony Grossi just tweeted. . .

#Browns HC Hue Jackson on Josh Gordon: He is not going to be with us. We wish him well. We are going to move on.

Not surprising. The Browns had to tell Gordon when Goodell conditionally reinstated him- this is absolutely your final chance, and we're not kidding. Hue and company have to know why Gordon checked himself into rehab, and I'm betting it wasn't for no reason.

This was the quote I have read. Nothing I have seen so far says he is being removed from the team. The last mention from Jackon sounded more like he and the team would no longer answer questions about the issue and that they were moving on from the distraction.

“It’s unfortunate,” Jackson said. “I think Josh needs to do what is best for Josh. I think we all support him 100 percent and we want the best for him, but we understand at this time he won't be with us and we'll move forward from there."

I'm not surprised this happened but I doubt very much they could have traded him. That would mean an on the spot drug test that he most likely fails. I've given him up as just false hope long ago.

I'm talking about 2-3 failed tests ago, not as of this season. I don't doubt the Browns could have netted a 3rd for him at some point.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. First off, if he just went to rehab and didn't actually fail a test (small chance of that) I honestly don't think the Browns cut him. Regardless whether he plays another snap in a Browns uniform, the team just drafted 4 new WR's in the draft and their gamble in Pryor appears to be working out. What does it matter?

Also on the bright side I won a $10 bet with my roommate.

Going back trough JG history, looks to me, playing football was his stress, hanging with wrong people was his demon, than POT always became his Crutch. All in that locker room you would have to think."Josh on the field can only make us better". Hue's right "Move On". Time to move on, puts JG at C.Carter's rock bottom.. Good Luck, J.Gordon

I think what sucks about this the most is that Hue missed an opportunity to come in and set the tone by cutting this knucklehead when he first got here. At this point I would gladly go 0-16 to get rid of the players that care more about things other than family and football.

Alot of stress?

The motherfucker gets paid a seven-figure salary to play a goddamn game for a living; millions of dollars to just basically work out and catch a fucking ball. There's millions of people out there who are under stress too, trying to pay bills by turning wrenches and making a dogshit salary, but somehow, the vast majority of them manage to not fail their companies mandatory drug screens or flake out and abandon their responsabilities to people who depend on them in a critical moment.

And Gordon has been given PLENTY of chances...the dude has been suspended FOUR FUCKING TIMES for the exact same shit each time. Every time, he swears up and down that he'd get his shit in order and not let his team and fans down. And every time, the Browns and their fans have given him the benefit of the doubt to clean his act up. AND EVERY FUCKING TIME, HE FUCKS THEM OVER...EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Dude, have you not been following the narrative of this thead? Gordon has had OVER A FUCKING YEAR to get his shit in order, but instead, he waits till a week before he's supposed to return to help his team out to go to rehab? Fuck that. The guy is a fucking puzzlewit.

Nate Burleson interviewed him when he came back the last time and he was strange! Instead of thanking the organization for being patient he criticized everyone in the Browns Org! He said didn't feel welcome! The guy is a putz! I replaced him on all my fantasy teams with Terrelle Pryor!

AHAHAHAHA!!!! Josh Gordon gets the LAST LAUGH~~!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Fucking LOVE Josh Gordon!

What better egg in the face to Goddell than checking himself into rehab AFTER CLEARED to RETURN to play!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Smart move from Gordon. He still has two weeks until he can play. He can milk this and make a statement that the NFL has no control over these players. Players play, quit trying to be babysitters. Write the checks and shut the fuck up.

All the recent first round draft picks are gone, and now a second rounder who should be in the prime of his career. Being a high draft pick (there is a joke in there) of the Browns is like being a drummer for Spinal Tap. What an effing waste of talent. An artificial island in Lake Erie should be constructed and all these jokers should go live there.

Archived