THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon entering rehab

LondonBrown

Look, man: I don't think anybody here is pissed at him for wanting to get help; the dude obviously has a drug problem.

But...

...its really fucked that the motherfucker has had plenty of time to decide to go get help before the season even started. He was gone from the game for well over a year, when he had absolutely nothing to do but to stay clean, stay in shape, and stay out of trouble. There was ample amount of time to address his problems then, not a fucking week BEFORE he's supposed to return to a team that desperately needed his help. It's a bullshit move on his part, and he's fucking over his teammates, the Browns organization, and the Browns fans - all who have bent over backwards to accommodate the guy and support him.

You don't get to pick and choose when your dealing with addiction. Ample amount of time? Nobody knows when someone will relapse. And we are not even 100 percent sure if he did. I get it he's a receiver stud that appears to not have his shit together because he can't stay on the field. But he chose to go in. Believe me I want him to play. I want him to quit with all of these suspensions. And the timing to this is bullshit of course. But this is bigger then football. He might be dealing with a life threatening issue. You don't think he wants to be out there playing? This guy's reputation is shit now. I don't see anyone trying to pick him up after this. Why would they. Unless it was for the low. Very low.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he wouldn't have checked into rehab if he wasn't using, and if was using he either failed a test, or was about to fail a test and get suspended for life.

He's doing a preemptive strike to try and save his livelihood but it is probably over at this point.

He's a good kid, I hope if he truly wants to get clean, he does get clean. But we just have to stop thinking about him as any part of our future.

Z

He said himself he has been under ALOT of stress last week or so. And as a recovering addict, BS arrest warrants for paternity tests involving a child would definitely put the amount of stress that would trigger a relapse.

Oh nooooo I drafted him on my fantasy team and now I'm screwd. I'm sure that's ALOT of the fuss. Fucking fags that are hating on him for actually getting help before he fucks up and can never come back to the NFL are the worst type of fans. And don't act like this guy has had break after break when he has missed more time for his bag full of misdemeanors when guys that beat a woman half to death are getting slaps on the wrist.

your posts on this are as stupid as your avatar man. Get Josh's balls off your chin. He's been under a lot of stress?!?! Boo fucking hoo. If he really got it like he told us weeks ago he wouldn't have missed those paternity tests. BS tests? I think not , and if so it was simple to take the test and prove he wasn't the father. As a recovering addict clean 21 years myself I hope you are right and he's checked in before he was using. Odds are NOT. ODDS are also beyond high we aren't talking weed that had him make this decision. Get fucking real, the only person fucking Josh is Josh.

It was also reported today that Josh's paternity test shows he IS the father. . .

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/09/browns_receiver_josh_gordon_pa.html#incart_river_home

Another crack baby

He said himself he has been under ALOT of stress last week or so. And as a recovering addict, BS arrest warrants for paternity tests involving a child would definitely put the amount of stress that would trigger a relapse.

Oh nooooo I drafted him on my fantasy team and now I'm screwd. I'm sure that's ALOT of the fuss. Fucking fags that are hating on him for actually getting help before he fucks up and can never come back to the NFL are the worst type of fans. And don't act like this guy has had break after break when he has missed more time for his bag full of misdemeanors when guys that beat a woman half to death are getting slaps on the wrist.

I bet you believe that dogs ate all of that homework.

Yes he's a good kid and i hope he can get his life straight and find out why he finds it necessary to throw away every good thing in his life over some WEEDA, and i'm really starting to doubt that WEEDA is the only thing he is doing. I know plenty of very successful people who wake and bake and at any given time are smoking or eating edibles but wouldn't put it down if jeopardizing millions of dollars.

Would have loved to see him return to the browns and regain his status as a top 5 receiver but this is biz. Hell if they'll cut a kicker for a salary dump why keep a guy that is 80% risk and i say less than 20% reward.

yea that's something the fair weather fans don't realize. Those who think this kick the guy when he's down and kick the guy when he's trying to build himself up. Fucking worth keyboard rockstars. Like I said if doing this as damage control then he's done anyways. If he's being proactive instead of making another mistake ID welcome him back no questions asked.

If he flunked another drug test he's not coming back. This was his last strike- he doesn't get unlimited ones.

Well he wouldn't have checked into rehab if he wasn't using, and if was using he either failed a test, or was about to fail a test and get suspended for life.

He's doing a preemptive strike to try and save his livelihood but it is probably over at this point.

He's a good kid, I hope if he truly wants to get clean, he does get clean. But we just have to stop thinking about him as any part of our future.

Z

That's the sad part Z. If he was another Mohamed Massaquoi or Brian Robiskie- we'd all have said adios and good riddance a long time ago. The problem is- Gordon is a f**king elite talent- anyone who didn't see that again in the preseason is blind. This guy has HOF potential- and he's pissing it away. I believe in second and even third chances- but not unlimited ones. Words are cheap Josh. If you got so stressed out about the paternity suit you knew you were going to lose- let me give you some advice they stress in AA- there's no problem alcohol (or drugs) can't make worse.

& no sense of cutting him- (assuming he gets the worst case scenario- another lifetime ban) he doesn't count on the roster, we don't have to pay him- and we keep his rights forever just like Justin Blackmon.

Alot of stress?

The motherfucker gets paid a seven-figure salary to play a goddamn game for a living; millions of dollars to just basically work out and catch a fucking ball. There's millions of people out there who are under stress too, trying to pay bills by turning wrenches and making a dogshit salary, but somehow, the vast majority of them manage to not fail their companies mandatory drug screens or flake out and abandon their responsabilities to people who depend on them in a critical moment.

And Gordon has been given PLENTY of chances...the dude has been suspended FOUR FUCKING TIMES for the exact same shit each time. Every time, he swears up and down that he'd get his shit in order and not let his team and fans down. And every time, the Browns and their fans have given him the benefit of the doubt to clean his act up. AND EVERY FUCKING TIME, HE FUCKS THEM OVER...EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Dude, have you not been following the narrative of this thead? Gordon has had OVER A FUCKING YEAR to get his shit in order, but instead, he waits till a week before he's supposed to return to help his team out to go to rehab? Fuck that. The guy is a fucking puzzlewit.

this is a +1000 post , love the opening about stress and his salary for sure

From what I am hearing when you all hear what this dumb motherfucker did you will be done defending him lol. Write that shit down.

I would take a bet that Gordon cannot pass a drug test today. His excuse this time doesn't pass the smell test.

From what I am hearing when you all hear what this dumb motherfucker did you will be done defending him lol. Write that shit down.

Would you happen to be referring to this?:

https://m.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5567kp/according_to_lane_adkins_of_the_orange_and_brown/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

If so, I hope that Gordon was not that fucking stupid...

Well at least give him credit for going into rehab, something JM still has not caught on to as he pisses away his $$$. As to more chances here. Give him the same treatment as JM. Adios and good luck with the rehab. when you go for real.

The mistake you guys made was planning Gordon would do anything for the Browns moving forward in the first place. Gordon was the shitty ex-girlfriend a bunch of you candy asses clearly can't get over. The guy had all the talent in the world but has blown it like plenty of guys like him have done in the past. He's done here-the only regret you should have is that the Browns didn't trade him when the value was high.

The mistake you guys made was planning Gordon would do anything for the Browns moving forward in the first place. Gordon was the shitty ex-girlfriend a bunch of you candy asses clearly can't get over. The guy had all the talent in the world but has blown it like plenty of guys like him have done in the past. He's done here-the only regret you should have is that the Browns didn't trade him when the value was high.

I'm not surprised this happened but I doubt very much they could have traded him. That would mean an on the spot drug test that he most likely fails. I've given him up as just false hope long ago.

The guy is an addict, so yes, he's under a lot of stress. Addiction is like an iceberg, ok? What you see on the surface is only a FRACTION of what really lies beneath. Josh was probably barely keeping it together, and something made him lose it. The stress of expectations when he can play again, the paternity thing, whatever. If Josh never took his addiction seriously, and by some of his statements he DIDN'T, then he wasn't equipped to handle stress and all of the aspects of addiction. It's not as simple as "don't use drugs/alcohol". There is a lot that goes into it, and if he doesn't have the tools to battle this issue, he will fail.

There is a difference between being sober and "not using." Sobriety means that an addict is actively working on their addiction issues. Seeing a counselor, going to meetings, speaking with a sponsor...whatever. "Not using" is pretending an addict doesn't have a problem, and he just avoids the drug of choice in hopes that if he isn't around it, the problem will go away. It almost NEVER works.

If I had to guess, Josh failed another test. Instead of going public with the results (which I believe are supposed to be private anyway), he just said that he'd get help. I think we can read between the lines here. If he didn't fail a test, why enter rehab? An addict only faces up to the problem when he has to. When the act of using provides worse consequences than being sober. If he didn't fail a test, he was about to. I promise you that.

I'm deeply saddened. I know I shouldn't have expected anything, but as time went by, I got more and more excited. Maybe he can figure it out, I hope he does. If his only substance abuse issue is with marijuana, that's even sadder because many cities and even states are thinking about either making it legal or decriminalizing it.

Best of luck, Flash Gordon.

i know people say you can be addicted to WEEDA, but i don't buy it one bit. i know people who smoke. don't drink. don't take pills. don't do any other drugs but smoke WEEDA. they're not sitting outside in an alley in the middle of the night waiting for their guy to show up and cop some bud. they don't have it it's not like they're going to rob a bank or jump out a window cuz they can't get a toke.

mental maybe. but you gotta be dumb as a rock to mentally be addicted to anything. so........

Good riddance and i Wish the browns would have traded him when i suggested 2 years ago :)

Character>>>>>Talent EVERY TIME no exceptions

There are several of us who never counted on Josh & just for the reason you stated. Strong on talent & weak on character.

The positive of this happening now is that it appears the Browns will now move ahead as if he were never here & that's a good thing.

Mike

The guy is an addict, so yes, he's under a lot of stress. Addiction is like an iceberg, ok? What you see on the surface is only a FRACTION of what really lies beneath. Josh was probably barely keeping it together, and something made him lose it. The stress of expectations when he can play again, the paternity thing, whatever. If Josh never took his addiction seriously, and by some of his statements he DIDN'T, then he wasn't equipped to handle stress and all of the aspects of addiction. It's not as simple as "don't use drugs/alcohol". There is a lot that goes into it, and if he doesn't have the tools to battle this issue, he will fail.

There is a difference between being sober and "not using." Sobriety means that an addict is actively working on their addiction issues. Seeing a counselor, going to meetings, speaking with a sponsor...whatever. "Not using" is pretending an addict doesn't have a problem, and he just avoids the drug of choice in hopes that if he isn't around it, the problem will go away. It almost NEVER works.

If I had to guess, Josh failed another test. Instead of going public with the results (which I believe are supposed to be private anyway), he just said that he'd get help. I think we can read between the lines here. If he didn't fail a test, why enter rehab? An addict only faces up to the problem when he has to. When the act of using provides worse consequences than being sober. If he didn't fail a test, he was about to. I promise you that.

I'm deeply saddened. I know I shouldn't have expected anything, but as time went by, I got more and more excited. Maybe he can figure it out, I hope he does. If his only substance abuse issue is with marijuana, that's even sadder because many cities and even states are thinking about either making it legal or decriminalizing it.

Best of luck, Flash Gordon.

Ah...another enabler

Doesn't sound like this is a relapse situation. Sounds like he's doing the correct thing here, which by his track record is a HUGE step in the right direction. And it sounds like the browns and the NFL have his back on it.

Barring bad news, failed drug test, I would definitely want this guy back on my team.

Any negativity towards his decision is high unwarranted.

like the toxic johnny feetsball, me thinks ole josh is done with football...what a shame..you don't want this guy on your team.... he's gone and even if he was not, he won't be playing this yr..that'll be 2 yrs out of football...don't want you josh...good luck with your life, its way more important than football...

Archived