THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The Great Zomboni has barely gotten over his Miami hangover, and it it is time to make picks already because the damn Bungles are on TNF.

TGZ and Zelda the Wonderdawg went 2-2 in Miami and would have traded anything for one damn field goal, but it in the end it wasn't butter ... it was Parkay. Or Parkey. Or however my least favorite Brown spells his name.

Speaking of butter, there was a complaint last week about Zoey packing on some extra weight since she came aboard, so we have put her on a low-cal high-protein diet:

MARIA-ZARRING-RUSSIA.jpg

The pool was clean when we got back, and Zelda didn't do any better with the picks, so we are keeping Zoey around for another week. If only to see the diet results.

In the meantime, The Great Zomboni is tired of going .500, so he'll make the picks himself this week:

Miami at Cincinnati, 8:25 Thursday Night Football

The Bungles returned to Bungle-form last week and Miami should have lost to Cleveland at home so hard to get an edge on this one. However, TGZ, thinks that both the Dolphins and the Browns are underrated, and that was a pretty good football game last week, and this week Miami smacks the Bungles in the mouth. Not only covering, but winning outright. DOLPHINS 29 BUNGLES 26

Oakland at Baltimore, 1:00 PM

Baltimore is a house of mirrors right now, while the Raiders are for real, and they will bring some pain to Maryland this week. Anyone else remember the Ravens first game after the "move" against the Raiders? It was surreal watching our guys in those horrible purple outfits representing that filthy hole of a city. Fuck Baltimore. RAIDERS 34 RAVENS 23

Cleveland at Washington, 1:00 PM

The young Browns have been knocking on the door the past two weeks, and this week they should knock it down against a Redskin team that has been largely unimpressive this season. Hue Jackson's gameplanning has this offense on the verge of a big breakthrough and the aggressive D is starting to get timely turnovers. You like that, Kurt Cousins? I don't think you will ... BROWNS 30 REDSKINS 19

Kansas City at Pittsburgh, 8:25 PM, Sunday Night Football

Woe to those who did not listen to The Great Zomboni last week. This Steeler team is basically a pile of crap with a pretty passing combo on top. You starting hitting Ben, and it is game over. The Chiefs rugged and athletic defense will be all over him. Expect a result not too different from last week's Steeler debacle. CHIEFS 23 STEELERS 9

TGZ

there was a complaint last week about Zoey packing on some extra weight since she came aboard, so we have put her on a low-cal high-protein diet:

MARIA-ZARRING-RUSSIA.jpg

we are keeping Zoey around for another week. If only to see the diet results. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY, YES, GUMBY WAS THE DUMMY

Miami at Cincinnati, 8:25 Thursday Night Football

17 26

Oakland at Baltimore, 1:00 PM

23 27

Cleveland at Washington, 1:00 PM

26 20

Kansas City at Pittsburgh, 8:25 PM, Sunday Night Football

30 23

Well as i said in another thread the bengals were gonna give the fins an ass whoopin tonite. What i didn't know is it'd be a one legged man ass kickin as in KICKER. HA!

Well at least i know one team that'd rehire hue in a heartbeat right now and it's the bungles. They should be up by 28 right now.

NFL Network quoting Pryor on whether Josh Normal can trash talk his way into his head, "I'm 6'5" and 230. I'm not worried about no corner botherin' me!"

Gotta love that attitude. :D

Browns pull off the upset with a Pryor 2 point conversion.

Even though I didn't get my Thursday pick in here because I was really busy, really I was I had:

CIN -7 OVER MIA, 30-20ish

CLE +7' 24-27 at WAS, who knows maybe they even squeeze out a win?

OAK +3' OVER BAL 30-24

KC +5' 30-32, LOSES but covers at Pittsburgh :(

And for funski AZ -7' gets some respect back against LA + MIN -4' big over the G-men, hey who needs a first string QB anyway?

Even though I didn't get my Thursday pick in here because I was really busy, really I was I had:

CIN -7 OVER MIA, 30-20ish

CLE +7' 24-27 at WAS, who knows maybe they even squeeze out a win?

OAK +3' OVER BAL 30-24

KC +5' 30-32, LOSES but covers at Pittsburgh :(

And for funski AZ -7' gets some respect back against LA + MIN -4' big over the G-men, hey who needs a first string QB anyway?

Man i wished i lived close to you cuz i'd be drinkin free for 16 sundays outta the year.

Man i wished i lived close to you cuz i'd be drinkin free for 16 sundays outta the year.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

And there are 17 regular season NFL weeks, so you take one off?

they play 16 games.

oh, i got you now. hell i haven't taken a weekend off in 40+ years. B)

Same here I've been doing this stuff seems like forever, nearly 50 years.....OMG that's scary.

**2016 Week 3** ... Prev .... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ........... 4 - 4 ..... 2 - 2 .... 6 - 6
Vs. the spread ..... 1 - 7 ..... 1 - 3 .... 2 -10

Miami @ Cinci (-7.0)

I had this one in the Pick 'Em - W/W

OAK @ BLT (-3.5)

WTF is going on in OAK? WTF is going on in BLT? Whatever is it keeps on going...

Prediction: BLT 23 OAK 16 - L/W

KC @ PTG (-5.5)

Bell smell... feels like the Steelers were exposed last week.

Prediction: KC 27 PTG 17 - L/L

CLE @ WSH (-7.5)

Close but no cigar...

Prediction: WSH 20 CLE 17 - W/L

**2016 Week 4** ... Prev .... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ............ 6 - 6 ..... 2 - 2 .... 8 - 8
Vs. the spread ...... 2 -10 .... 2 - 2 .... 4 - 12

Don't look now but the Stealers are looking like Super Bowl winners while Browns are a young expansion team.

You sound giddy.

Already have them winning the game, eh?

Fucktard.

Zombo

Don't look now but the Stealers are looking like Super Bowl winners while Browns are a young expansion team.

Philly 34 Pittspuke 3. Super Bowl winners don't get beat by 31 by a rookie QB. The "young expansion team" kept the game closer than your "super bowl winners".

Philly 34 Pittspuke 3. Super Bowl winners don't get beat by 31 by a rookie QB. The "young expansion team" kept the game closer than your "super bowl winners".

Apparently they learned from their Philly experience plus Bell returned to the team. Makes a big difference.

Apparently they learned from their Philly experience plus Bell returned to the team. Makes a big difference.

Apparently you need to spit that dick out of your mouth and concentrate.

You just married yourself to a team that gave the Eagles less of a game than we did.

You're on the wrong board, and in the wrong thread, Cleetus.

Won't soon be forgotten.

Good luck with that Super Bowl pick. We'll just see how that works out for you. I'll keep you updated.

Zombo

Apparently you need to spit that dick out of your mouth and concentrate.

You just married yourself to a team that gave the Eagles less of a game than we did.

You're on the wrong board, and in the wrong thread, Cleetus.

Won't soon be forgotten.

Good luck with that Super Bowl pick. We'll just see how that works out for you. I'll keep you updated.

Zombo

The dude merely said they were "looking like" Super Bowl winners, he didn't flat out pick them...as so many prognosticators have done.

The dude merely said they were "looking like" Super Bowl winners, he didn't flat out pick them...as so many prognosticators have done.

You don't look like Super Bowl winners because you beat KC at home seven days after getting your ass handed to you by Philly.

He is showing obvious bias.

I always knew he was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The worst kind.

At least we've known that you are a Steeler fan all along, I can deal with that... but this guy has pretended himself to be one of us while being a Broncos fan and a Steelers sympathizer.

You usually can't trust someone that comes to a forum because of just one player, and mt sniffer was right on this guy.

Z

You don't look like Super Bowl winners because you beat KC at home seven days after getting your ass handed to you by Pholly.

He is showing obvious bias.

I always knew he was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The worst kind.

At least we've known that you are a Steeler fan all along, I can deal with that... but this guy has pretended himself to be one of us while being a Broncos fan and a Steelers sympathizer.

You usually can't trust someone that comes to a forum because of just one player, and mt sniffer was right on this guy.

Z

All bullshit Z. I owned up very early on to first being a broncos fan. And I even discussed my going to their camps on the campus where I was a grad student. Show me one previous post that indicates I had any affiliation whatsoever with the Stealers. I don't even use the correct spelling. Stuff your biases about anything non-Browns right up your ass. You just don't like hearing that any other team has played well.

edit: Friends & family ask me every week why I keep following the Browns and watching every game when better ones are on. My standard reply is that you don't desert a team when they are down if you want to be a part of it when they turn it around.

So-fuck you very much! Is that what you have wanted from me so you could justify throwing me out? You've been baiting me for some time now and several members are aware of it. Fuck you.

All bullshit Z. I owned up very early on to first being a broncos fan. And I even discussed my going to their camps on the campus where I was a grad student. Show me one previous post that indicates I had any affiliation whatsoever with the Stealers. I don't even use the correct spelling. Stuff your biases about anything non-Browns right up your ass. You just don't like hearing that any other team has played well.

edit: Friends & family ask me every week why I keep following the Browns and watching every game when better ones are on. My standard reply is that you don't desert a team when they are down if you want to be a part of it when they turn it around.

So-fuck you very much! Is that what you have wanted from me so you could justify throwing me out? You've been baiting me for some time now and several members are aware of it. Fuck you.

Was it that obvious?

I hope so, because it was supposed to be.

You are close, but not there yet.

Your gushing about the Steelers was a step back, real Browns fans don't do that.

But I haven't given up on you yet.

Z

Was it that obvious?

I hope so, because it was supposed to be.

You are close, but not there yet.

Your gushing about the Steelers was a step back, real Browns fans don't do that.

Z

Lets just say that the Steeler looked like shit one game and looked like world beaters the next.

They are probably not as bad as they seemed vs. the Eagles, nor as good as they seemed vs. the Chiefs.

They are probably a borderline playoff team, perhaps.

Bengals still have the best overall talent.....but they are The Bengals, so they are not to be relied upon to actually make the best use of their talent edge.

I will only say this: Steelers are probably better than the Ravens. I am of the opinion that the Ravens actually suck and that they have had nothing but good luck go their way this year (compared to Browns who have had nothing but bad luck) I think their luck runs out pretty soon and their true colors show up. By that, yes, I think that both Steelers and Bengals both sweep them....not that they are that good, just that Ravens are that bad.

Z

Well at least I spell it Stealers and not that other form more knowledgeable Browns fans never use.

Oh wait....................................................... :P

BTW it would have hurt much more if you'd called me a cowgirls fan.

Archived