THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns OL Alvin Bailey Arrested for OVI

Canton Dawg

A rookie will have to step up.

Few options..insert C Reiter (from skins) & move Greco back to RG..Unleash Drango. Is S. Coleman ready? D. France & A. Fabiano sitting on PS..

Ditto... I think it's a strength issue.

Few options..insert C Reiter (from skins) & move Greco back to RG..Unleash Drango. Is S. Coleman ready? D. France & A. Fabiano sitting on PS..

... or maybe Pax to RG and Drango to RT if Coleman can't win the job.

Regardless very disappointing news about Bailey... while we might be able to compensate for his loss in the starting lineup... the loss of depth will likely be felt as the season progresses.

Sean Coleman is listed in the depth chart as backup RT.

Drango is listed as backup LT.

Besides Greco and Bito, Bailey is the only guy listed on the depth chart as a guard. But now Greco is moved to center, Bailey in the shit, the only guard we have listed is Bito....and no one is going to mess with him.

Do Coleman or Drango have it in them to play RG? Though we do also have Austin Reiter listed as backup OC...can he play?

France and Fabiano are listed on the PS. Erving is still on the active roster.

The bad luck seems to be neverending.

I read an article explaining Paztor's 5 penalties. To sum it up he's playing out of position and over his capabilities; another words He had to hold or the QB would be toast. The article went on to say that Hue Jackson abandoned the running game which made matters worse for Paztor's position. The play calling is on Hue not Paztor. I feel better now.

I read an article explaining Paztor's 5 penalties. To sum it up he's playing out of position and over his capabilities; another words He had to hold or the QB would be toast. The article went on to say that Hue Jackson abandoned the running game which made matters worse for Paztor's position. The play calling is on Hue not Paztor. I feel better now.

Well, what position should he be playing? RG. Perhaps that would help. If Coleman and Drango are better as tackles...and Paz is better at OG, make that change.

yds

The article went on to say that Hue Jackson abandoned the running game which made matters worse for Paztor's position. The play calling is on Hue not Paztor. I feel better now.

We did? 32 rushes for 169 yds? We should have abandoned the run game years ago like this.

... or maybe Pax to RG and Drango to RT if Coleman can't win the job.

Think both may put us in the same boat. Both for size, have shortish arms, which leads to grabbing outside pads, which both get away with inside at G but not at T? Drango better on bull rush but not so on speed rush,lack kick step ? Pax better with speed rush, with some kick but bull rush Pax gets overwhelmed..S.Coleman you feel is more a strength issue verse knee recovery?

He said that he was drinking on the team plane returning from Miami. I seem to recall Gordon drinking on the team plane then getting piss tested on landing. Alcohol is not permitted on the plane and yet we keep losing players because of it. This sort of crap is preventable and yet is ongoing. Why?

It isn't drinking on the plane that is the issue....it is driving his car while pissed after he gets off the plane that is the problem.

Besides, who says that alcohol on the plane is not permitted? Is that an NFL rule? A team rule? If it was on the plane I suspect the team provided it...or allowed it. Show us the rule you claim exists.

It isn't drinking on the plane that is the issue....it is driving his car while pissed after he gets off the plane that is the problem.

Besides, who says that alcohol on the plane is not permitted? Is that an NFL rule? A team rule? If it was on the plane I suspect the team provided it...or allowed it. Show us the rule you claim exists.

You're right about the ovi thing. It's his fault. My point is that they don't need a early start. I read in more than one spot... CBS, Cleve.com, PD that alcohol is not permitted on the flight. New rule? But makes sense. Not many employers allow it in the workplace. I think the team plane would be considered part of the workplace. Gordon was drinking with one of the coaches. I don't care if they want a few cold ones but it should wait till you deplane. Your the legal mind...can the Browns be held liable? If they allowed him to leave and knew he was loaded?

OK, I can'tpost it but check the Wash. Post. And in 07 the NFL banned alcohol from all team activities. Looks like someone is taking it serious. Who would that one be on? HC? GM? Prez? Dee? Jimmy?

As many baseball teams banned alcohol from routinely being in the locker room after a few DUI'd players driving home from the games. It's an employer liability issue...

He said that he was drinking on the team plane returning from Miami. I seem to recall Gordon drinking on the team plane then getting piss tested on landing. Alcohol is not permitted on the plane and yet we keep losing players because of it. This sort of crap is preventable and yet is ongoing. Why?

Gordon was on a private charter to Vegas with a group of players, not a team charter.

Think both may put us in the same boat. Both for size, have shortish arms, which leads to grabbing outside pads, which both get away with inside at G but not at T? Drango better on bull rush but not so on speed rush,lack kick step ? Pax better with speed rush, with some kick but bull rush Pax gets overwhelmed..S.Coleman you feel is more a strength issue verse knee recovery?

Drango's feet have looked better to my eye... more athletic set than Paz... but, no, neither has kick-step technique.

Were Coleman's issue still the knee, he should have been on the PUP list.

Practice Squad

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College

3 Boyce, Josh WR 5-11 205 25 2 TCU

31 Caldwell, Trey DB 5-9 185 22 R Louisiana-Monroe

61 Fabiano, Anthony OL 6-1 303 23 R Harvard

79 France, Dan OL 6-6 312 25 1 Michigan State

89 Hamlett, Connor TE 6-7 259 24 1 Oregon State

8 Hogan, Kevin QB 6-3 218 23 R Stanford

17 Jennings, Darius WR 5-10 169 24 1 Virginia

39 Reynolds, Ed DB 6-1 207 24 2 Stanford

38 Watson, Terrell RB 6-1 240 23 1 Azusa Pacific

50 Wright III, Scooby LB 6-0 240 22 R Arizona

Practice Squad

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College

3 Boyce, Josh WR 5-11 205 25 2 TCU

31 Caldwell, Trey DB 5-9 185 22 R Louisiana-Monroe

61 Fabiano, Anthony OL 6-1 303 23 R Harvard

79 France, Dan OL 6-6 312 25 1 Michigan State

89 Hamlett, Connor TE 6-7 259 24 1 Oregon State

8 Hogan, Kevin QB 6-3 218 23 R Stanford

17 Jennings, Darius WR 5-10 169 24 1 Virginia

39 Reynolds, Ed DB 6-1 207 24 2 Stanford

38 Watson, Terrell RB 6-1 240 23 1 Azusa Pacific

50 Wright III, Scooby LB 6-0 240 22 R Arizona

There are some players on there. Hope they don't start getting picked off by teams as the season goes on.

Z

Archived