THE BROWNS BOARD

Can Terrelle Pryor Kick Field Goals?

Opal312

Watching highlights of yesterday's loss to Miami I wondered why Pryor wasn't asked to at least try & kick a field goal. He threw the ball, caught the ball, ran the ball and even played safety! He was a one man wrecking crew! Not since Lou the Toe Groza and Frank Gifford have I seen such an athletic performance.

And Pryor is a big guy too! So memo to the Browns Front Office: Give the ball to Pryor on offense, defense and special teams! What do you have to lose?

Watching highlights of yesterday's loss to Miami I wondered why Pryor wasn't asked to at least try & kick a field goal. He threw the ball, caught the ball, ran the ball and even played safety! He was a one man wrecking crew! Not since Lou the Toe Groza and Frank Gifford have I seen such an athletic performance.

And Pryor is a big guy too! So memo to the Browns Front Office: Give the ball to Pryor on offense, defense and special teams! What do you have to lose?

At least have him in there to try to block kicks. He can jump.

He looked Huge! Towers over most players. I'd use him like old school football! At least it's fun to watch. It would have been epic if we won yesterday but thanks to "Our Liquored Up" kicker we lost

When Pryor was in high school he was one of the most sought after recruits in the nation. He can play ball, he's athletic. I'm glad Hue gave him another chance. It shows Hue recognizes talent and knows how to utilize a player's strengths. There's going to be light at the end of the tunnel with Jackson. Just have to be patient. That was my first opportunity to see a Browns game and it sure was exciting. Now only if they could play Tampa and Jacksonville I could see more games besides the one Thursday each year.

To be fair a lot of teams cut him

Yes plus multitasking at the NFL level isn't always wise at all unless your name is Bo Jackson, too easy to get injured trying to bang in long FGs without pulling a groin....let him do the WR and maybe occasionally wild cat QB.

Raw talent yes but he never really cut it as a QB1.

*Edit add- his only professional team (besides the BUCKEYES ;) ) was the Oakland Raiders who tried to do different things with him before he left there for Cleveland.

No need. I'm here.

Even the great "The Gipper" couldn't handle 53 Pryors....well maybe in his prime he could :lol:

Piece of cake.

Typical lawyer, I used to golf with a bunch of lawyers years back, good group all in all...but there were a few I had to count their strokes, especially for money.

I just read an article at CBSSPORTS.COM by Pete Brisco who says Robbie Gould would have cost $985,000 league minimum for a veteran with his 11 years. Parkey cost $525,000

They were saving money! Parkey earned 30,880 for hitting 3 of 6 field goals. We lost because the Browns were "penny wise-pound foolish"

Saving money for what? The move to another city? Haslam really just sucks! He and Goodell are ruining football for me!

I just read an article at CBSSPORTS.COM by Pete Brisco who says Robbie Gould would have cost $985,000 league minimum for a veteran with his 11 years. Parkey cost $525,000

They were saving money! Parkey earned 30,880 for hitting 3 of 6 field goals. We lost because the Browns were "penny wise-pound foolish"

Saving money for what? The move to another city? Haslam really just sucks! He and Goodell are ruining football for me!

Or it was about age...which is what the front office has said. But don't let me stop you and others from whining that it was about money or unicorns or whatever made up nonsense.

Typical lawyer, I used to golf with a bunch of lawyers years back, good group all in all...but there were a few I had to count their strokes, especially for money.

I gave up playing golf. It was everyone else around me that was fudging. I mean, If I shot a 144, I listed it as a 144.

believe me, if given the chance to practice kicking fg's, he would be good at it...this guy is a football player. Now we need about 3 more players like him. 1 at lb, 1 on the dl, and one in the secondary and we will be talking playoffs...

Archived