THE BROWNS BOARD

I consider these 2 wins

The Gipper

I am counting both of these last two games as wins for the Browns.

A. We didn't get beaten by the Ravens, we got beaten by the refs and their bullshit call. The Browns got jobbed, deserved to win.....so I am giving it to them.

B. We didn't get beat by the Dolphins, we got beat because..in the words of Peyton Manning "our liquored up kicker" couldn't see straight.

OK, sure, two moral victories don't mean squat in the real world....but these are games the Browns coulda, woulda, shoulda won.

Now, before the season I made a statement that the Browns will struggle mightily early on, and that toward the end of the season with all the kids on this team getting experience and gaining familiarity with Hue Jackson's system that they would become a tough out before the end of the year.

Well "Early On" meant ONE game. The Browns are already a tough out. There may be some games where they may not be in....but I think a far more vast majority of games they will be competitive in....like these last two.

They will not roll over and play dead against the Redskins or any other team on their schedule.

And figure this.....here are the names of players that hopefully they will have back before too very long:

RGIII

Josh McCown

Josh Gordon

Corey Coleman

Cam Erving (for backup only)

Armonty Bryant

Carl Nassib

Patrick Murray

Joe Haden.

This team will fight and win some games. Not every bad thing....bad ref's call, bad kick, bad bullshit can go wrong for them. I expect them to chew the legs off the fucking Redskins this week. KIrk Cousins ain't all that. Washington better be ready for a Dawg Fight.

B. We didn't get beat by the Dolphins, we got beat because..in the words of Peyton Manning "our liquored up kicker" couldn't see straight.

Leave it to Peyton one of the best sports lines ever.

A. We didn't get beaten by the Ravens, we got beaten by the refs and their bullshit call. The Browns got jobbed, deserved to win.....so I am giving it to them.

I'm with you on the petty taunting call but that didn't cost them the game as much as it cost them the opportunity to win the game. They would have had a first down around the 10 yard line if Pryor wouldn't have gotten that (ridiculous) penalty but that was no guarantee the Browns would have scored. They would have been in great position to score though admittedly.

That are the two wins we should have. Looking at the schedule, I am not sure I see a win until Oct 30 when Jets visit.

@Redskins

NE

@TEN

@CIN

I see the Browns being capable of being competitive in every single game they will be in....including all of these. That does not mean they will be, but they have the chance to be.

Carson Wentz 3-0

Dak Prescott 2-1 and should be 3-0

Trevor Seimian 3-0

Garapolo & Brissett 3-0

RG3, McCown & Kessler 0-3

I'm not discouraged because they are rebuilding -even if they don't admit it. Hue is a good coach and glad we have him. Horton too. Things will get better but they're going to draft a QB in 2017 that's a fact.

It would be nice to see Kessler throwing to Coleman, Pryor and Gordon with Duke and Crowell running the ball. It could happen and then we will know if Cody has what it takes.

As usual we are underdogs every week and it's time the players get nasty and win vs Redskins.

Carson Wentz 3-0

Dak Prescott 2-1 and should be 3-0

Trevor Seimian 3-0

Garapolo & Brissett 3-0

RG3, McCown & Kessler 0-3

I'm not discouraged because they are rebuilding -even if they don't admit it. Hue is a good coach and glad we have him. Horton too. Things will get better but they're going to draft a QB in 2017 that's a fact.

It would be nice to see Kessler throwing to Coleman, Pryor and Gordon with Duke and Crowell running the ball. It could happen and then we will know if Cody has what it takes.

As usual we are underdogs every week and it's time the players get nasty and win vs Redskins.

See the "Weaponry" Thread. All these guys together could actually be dynamic. Key of course, as always is the Triggerman.

Defense needs Nassib and Haden back....and A. Bryant would help.

OK, sure, two moral victories don't mean squat in the real world....but these are games the Browns coulda, woulda, shoulda won.

Now, before the season I made a statement that the Browns will struggle mightily early on, and that toward the end of the season with all the kids on this team getting experience and gaining familiarity with Hue Jackson's system that they would become a tough out before the end of the year.

Well "Early On" meant ONE game. The Browns are already a tough out. There may be some games where they may not be in....but I think a far more vast majority of games they will be competitive in....like these last two.

They will not roll over and play dead against the Redskins or any other team on their schedule.

And figure this.....here are the names of players that hopefully they will have back before too very long:

RGIII

Josh McCown

Josh Gordon

Corey Coleman

Armonty Bryant

Carl Nassib

Patrick Murray

Joe Haden.

This team will fight and win some games. Not every bad thing....bad ref's call, bad kick, bad bullshit can go wrong for them. I expect them to chew the legs off the fucking Redskins this week. KIrk Cousins ain't all that. Washington better be ready for a Dawg Fight.

the 3 I would take off that list are rg3 and mccown (let Kessler finish out the season) & murray he is just as bad as that guy we had kicking for us yesterday

Browns will win some games this year, which is I think the entire point of Gips post. They are young and hungry and seem to be improving each week.

This weeks team (decimated by injuries) was leaps and bounds better than the team I saw week 1. That's when coaching matters and the Browns for once have a somewhat solid staff of coaches under Hue. Leaps and bounds from what we had with Pet and even Chud

I see what you're saying, but we have to find ways to get the W. HOW MANY TIMES has our team found ways to lose? It's comical at this point, and the rest of the world now makes fun of us all the time, and who can blame them?

We were undermanned, outgunned, and we still found a way to get it close.

RGIII

Josh McCown

Josh Gordon

Corey Coleman

Armonty Bryant

Carl Nassib

Patrick Murray

Joe Haden.

we need a signature win to get this bullshit losing culture off our backs because it is still there. we are winless...i don't buy counting the ravens game a win..it was a bullshit call, but we don't know if they would have scored anyway if the call was not made..as far as the kicker, we picked the wrong kicker and that is our own fault. i think we have a chance against the skins only if we put pressure on cousins. if we don't, they win....

Of course, anyone with a scintilla of an intellect would know that I am being facetious. I guess you can say they count as 2 moral victories, which, no, is not good enough.

But people expected every game the Browns played to be a double digit plus blowout. And that has not been the case....nor do I believe it will be the case overall. A couple more, yea, probably. But there is fight in this dawg....a wounded dawg even.

Any more it comes down to what Vegas wants us to do and what they will allow the refs to let us have. There were so many countless times when the ratbirds should of been called for holding or other things but they made sure we got a taunting call when there was no taunting. The deck is stacked against us and even stevie wonder can see it. They didn't call the Ratbirds for jumping on our qb after he was already on the ground, I can sit here all night after I watch the games again, It is bullshit that even the refs always seem to look the other way when things happen against us. We need another bottelgate

Can you make a new thread with your overview of what you're seeing so far? And where are the OL grades?

Haven't done OL grades this year.. and likely won't.

I think I've posted overviews in each game thread, but was thinking of collecting thoughts after this week's game at the proverbial quarter pole.

Of course, anyone with a scintilla of an intellect would know that I am being facetious. I guess you can say they count as 2 moral victories, which, no, is not good enough.

But people expected every game the Browns played to be a double digit plus blowout. And that has not been the case....nor do I believe it will be the case overall. A couple more, yea, probably. But there is fight in this dawg....a wounded dawg even.

Good thread, Gipper.

The Browns have played really hard ... and not so bad ... the past two weeks, so folks like me who have just been wanting to enjoy the growth are overall pleased with that aspect.

And we are 0-3, so the folks that want to lose for draft picks should be real happy with that.

Lots of holes on this team, but I think the staff is doing a good job. Even the waiver wire guys we brought in are playing well.

Except that fucking kicker.

Zombo

Archived