THE BROWNS BOARD

Why didn't the sign Robbie Gould?

Browns149

And I'm pretty fed up with the "we didn't win in years 1 or 2, fire the guy now!!" line of thinking. Do you see us making the playoffs this year? The answer's no. So in the long term, wins only hurt us.

Yours is a sad truth some just cannot handle...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hue Jackson stood up for this guy, and I can kind of see why. Hearing his story, where he was two days ago, getting off a flight and thrust into that position...it's tough. Ultimately, it's his job to make kicks, but geez man. It's more bad luck for a team that's had more than its fair share. The one off the upright? Ugh.

And don't forget our previous kicker probably cost us the Ravens game when he kicked that extra point WAY too low and it got blocked. Right when that block-return happened, I think all of us knew that would bite us in the ass, and it certainly did.

So Hue, bringing in a guy off the street was a better option than a guy who knew the system (Coons)? MHO Mr. 3 missises doesn't even get on the plane back to Cleveland. At that level, you ought to be able to kick the ball through the uprights blindfolded.

So Hue, bringing in a guy off the street was a better option than a guy who knew the system (Coons)? MHO Mr. 3 missises doesn't even get on the plane back to Cleveland. At that level, you ought to be able to kick the ball through the uprights blindfolded.

Knowing the system doesn't really have anything to do with kicking. I haven't checked but maybe the long snapper and holder are different from when Coons was there too.

Knowing the system doesn't really have anything to do with kicking. I haven't checked but maybe the long snapper and holder are different from when Coons was there too.

should of just had colquitt kicked the field goals. i'm all about second chances, but if you mess up the first day of a job that bad, you're usually fired. We would all be fired if we did this at a normal job. I bet the kicker won't be released because jimmy doesn't want to lose any money ^_^

I don't know if Parkey will be the answer long term as kicker for the Browns but I am glad cooler and wiser minds prevailed instead of knee jerk canning him after the Miami game:

Rushed into service last week, place-kicker Cody Parkey went 3-for-6 on field-goal attempts for the Cleveland Browns, with one of the misses coming on the final play of the fourth quarter. The kick could have won the game for Cleveland. Instead, the Browns lost to the Miami Dolphins in overtime.

It wouldn't have been surprising if Cleveland had parted ways with Parkey after the game. But the Browns stuck with Parkey after choosing him to replace Patrick Murray, who suffered a knee injury two days before the game against Miami. Parkey didn't get to practice with Cleveland's long snapper and holder until pregame warmups before facing the Dolphins.

With a week of practice, Parkey made both of his field-goal attempts and both of his extra-point kicks in the Browns' 31-20 loss to the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

Parkey kicked a 51-yard field goal on the final play of the second quarter, allowing Cleveland to go to the locker room tied with Washington at 17-17.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/10/auburn_nfl_roundup_cody_parkey_1.html

Archived