THE BROWNS BOARD

Why didn't the sign Robbie Gould?

Browns149

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right, seems like he would be a way better choice...

Maybe too expensive, no desire to kick for the Browns, waiting for a better fit? I just don't know.

If he would have come to the Browns, he would be the town hero right now

Ha ha ha that's true! The Browns should give every "off the street" kicker a tryout! Cody Parkey sucked in Philly that's why they got rid of him. The Browns had a chance to get Connor Barth before Chicago signed him. It will be interesting to see who's next!

Here's a list of out of work or unemployed NFL kickers. There's over two dozen so I shortened it to recently fired.

Robbie Gould

Randy Bullock

Billy Cundiff*

Travis Coons*

Shayne Graham*

Josh Scobee

Kyle Brindza

Shaun Suisham

Nate Freese

Carey Spear*

Kai Forbath

Garrett Hartley

There's at least a dozen more floating out there Some of these guys are old too!

all hooked left,

Mike

...happens to me too. My right hand dominates and rolls over the top.

As has been said, it's hard to understand the Gould thing. Was always one of the best kickers. He, today, can't do better than the guys we've been using this season?

According to Tony Grossi the coaching staff want to sign Gould but the front office stepped in and signed Parker

more stupid decisions made by guys that don't know football

This better not be true

Gould cost too much money. For a team that is sooooo far under the cap.

They seem to NOT. Want to win games

Well gould and parkey have had the same number of pro bowls. besides no gurantee that gould would have performed better anyway. Pretty tough to have less than 48 hours for a game. I'll give the FO the benefit of the doubt on this one because you could tell parkey was rusty but his leg power is significantly more than murray's or coons for that matter. Murray could barely get the distance for a 55yd kick this parkey kid could hit at 65yds if needed. Coons could get maybe a 50 with wind at his back.

I generally side with the front office over the coaches it would seem but hey you force feed a fucking shitty rg3 led offense to me with hefty dose horton give up 25+ points a game defense and i'm going to think the coaches are shit.

All I know is that saving $$$ gave the Browns 3 misses to the left. Love this analytics because anal pretty well describes what that $$$ decision just did to the Browns. Fucking genius baseball loving Ivy Leaguers have no common cents.

According to Tony Grossi the coaching staff want to sign Gould but the front office stepped in and signed Parker

I heard that it was simply a matter of money. This guy was cheaper and that is why they took him over Gould.

So when did analytics simply boil down to "taking the cheapest route". The cheap ass bullshit cost a game, pure and simple.

A win would not have been a good thing today. Relax. Look ahead.

WTF?? I can't even.........

Grossi has bouts of being full of shit and he really hates the current front office.

Yea, kind of what I was thinking and could see him just trying to stir shit up with this allegation from probably an 'unnamed source'.

Archived