THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden out

jcam222

I guess he's being smart as far as wear and tear on his body and to prolong his career for max $$$$$$$$.

He already got the "big" contract.. The way he gets hurt and his play, except for last week, he shouldn't get a second big contract

Not sure he's a quitter. But he doesn't seem to fight through injuries all that often

Fighting through injuries at CB usually costs your team big plays rather often.

It's not like Oline where you can hold with a good chance of getting away with it, or QB where you can hobble a bit.

guys that play hurt don't make excuses.

They just play.

No matter what position it is.

Unless Haden couldn't walk, he could've covered Landry better then what we had out there.

guys that play hurt don't make excuses.

They just play.

No matter what position it is.

Unless Haden couldn't walk, he could've covered Landry better then what we had out there.

Ah................no. Any other position......... maybe. But not CB.

Joe is way to soft. What good is a premier corner if he only gets on the field 5-6 games a year.

Last year week 8 should have been the light bulb moment for the front office. Game against Arizona, Joe gets burnt on coverage, goes for a chase down tackle, wiffs, and gives himself a concussion falling to the ground.

Haden is a good CB but he, in no way, is a league top CB and that contract he earned was horrendous for the franchise. He isn't one of those ballhawk corners who are involved in every play be it thrown their way or not. Still, he is good but that contract he got just gives me shivers and forces me to shake my head everytime I remember it.

I won't say anything bad about Joe. He loves this city and fights his ass off. He's a veteran, and if he can't go, he can't go. Hopefully he'll be back on the field this weekend.

Haden is a good CB but he, in no way, is a league top CB and that contract he earned was horrendous for the franchise. He isn't one of those ballhawk corners who are involved in every play be it thrown their way or not. Still, he is good but that contract he got just gives me shivers and forces me to shake my head everytime I remember it.

No, and JJ Watt now being injured makes him one of the worst defensive linemen in the league.

Haden WAS all those things you say he isn't, but like Watt...he can't be what he was while hurt.

It is that simple, stupid.

Nevertheless, Cornerback, Defensive Back will be a priority in the next draft. Williams older and average, Joe hurt and getting older. Jamar TAylor, meh.

Tracy Howard and Trey Caldwell? No NFL WRs are shaking in their boots at those backups.

Yep, a stud CB will be a priority imo.

At safety, Campbell hurt stunts our evaluation of him. Kindred looking good. But like I said, I would like to get our Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed. (yes, I know, and so wouldn't every other team) Still need help there.

Overall the Defensive Backfield not doing a very good job. Poor coverage, poor tackling.

Archived