THE BROWNS BOARD

Roll Call

The Gipper

Alive and well in Stark county!! GO BROWNS!!!

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is it safe to say that no one on this board actually lives within the city limits of Cleveland? 

I don't think there's that many posters who even live in Cuyahoga County... 

I did live in the city limits from 1972-1982. Then my parents said “to hell with the stupid bussing” and we moved to North Olmsted. 

11 hours ago, Nero said:

If you're heading north, you know... ;)

Itinerary is not set yet. They want to see the Alhambra and I want to see Valencia and the Rioja area which gets us close to your location. We're thinking May 2021. Let you know more when things get more firmed up. We have to figure out driving times, Paradores locations & availability, etc. We love staying in the various Paradores.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Is there a thread on “WHY” you are a Browns fan?

As "How did you become?" Yes...

As in "Why are you still?" Not that I am aware of...

... although it's a question I ask my self all the time...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Itinerary is not set yet. They want to see the Alhambra and I want to see Valencia and the Rioja area which gets us close to your location. We're thinking May 2021. Let you know more when things get more firmed up. We have to figure out driving times, Paradores locations & availability, etc. We love staying in the various Paradores.

Cool. Paradores are a nice choice, they are great. 

Check this one out ;)

https://mobi.parador.es/es/paradores/parador-de-olite?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiApaXxBRDNARIsAGFdaB9DaAF3-6nLddisuuFGMdXFWPb7bxJ2XothB0z0VeSnhYEFk4Ey9bgaAt5lEALw_wcB

7 hours ago, Nero said:

In fact that is one I have been looking at to convince the other 3 to drive there. I have told them of your standing offer to show your city/area and they are interested if we find it is within our ability to reach in whatever time we will have to stay in Spain. Since all 4 of us love driving through Spain, that will be a major factor. Usually a lot of my Spanish returns within the first week of being back in a Spanish speaking country, but it never gets back to the level I once had. I would have to stay there for a couple of months I think and "live" the language again.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In fact that is one I have been looking at to convince the other 3 to drive there. I have told them of your standing offer to show your city/area and they are interested if we find it is within our ability to reach in whatever time we will have to stay in Spain. Since all 4 of us love driving through Spain, that will be a major factor. Usually a lot of my Spanish returns within the first week of being back in a Spanish speaking country, but it never gets back to the level I once had. I would have to stay there for a couple of months I think and "live" the language again.

Then I have to say that the roads in Navarra are among the best in Spain. No jokes, no bragging, just pure truth. 

Btw, Pamplona has a freeway connecting to Logroño (Rioja) in a 45min time. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL, I've degraded in my Spanish even worse than you Ag.  No problem reading the ad for the parador though. Of course this caught my eye.  buen vino.  :D   

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, Westside Steve said:

Born in Canton raised in Carrollton settled in Norton.

WSS

Oh I know someone from Norton a Playboy Playmate of the Month Sandra Hubby.  Kind of nice down home country gal......oh yeah and then there's that Gipper guy.  ;)

tall___medialibrary_original_496_674.jpg

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am as hot as she is

OK Gip, I'm not so sure about that.

.........oh you don't have a full length dressing mirror in your  closet at home do you?  :lol:

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How would you know that ghoolie may have been gay?

Ghoolie loved to talk about gay sex more than gay guys do. 

He fell under the same category as religious bible thumpers who constantly rail on about the evils of homosexuality, who eventually get caught banging some guy at a rest stop. 😁

• Haha 1

Important Events From This day in History

This Day In History Updated Daily Today Is February 7, 2020.....so what's going on around here, not much like:

1964 - U.S.A. The Beatles

1964 : The Beatles arrive on their first visit to the United States, where Thousands of fans greet them at Kennedy Airport in New York in what can only be described as Beetle Mania. The Beatles' first scheduled appearance was on American television on Sunday on the Ed Sullivan show ( 73 million people or 40% of Americans tuned into watch the Beatles sing All My Loving, Till There Was You, She Loves You, I Saw Her Standing There and I Want To Hold Your Hand. )

1945 - Leaders Meet To Plan End of War

Allied Leaders Prime Minister Winston Churchill, US President Franklin D Roosevelt and Marshal Joseph Stalin, meet at a secret location in the Black Sea area planning the final phase of the war against Germany and the future of Europe now that the end of the war is assured.