THE BROWNS BOARD

SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary, The Anthem, NFL Stance and My Money

miktoxic

But see, that is the EXACT problem most vets have with colon's decision. U say ur going to disrespect what every serviceman/woman has fought for since this country's independence, then step back like a bitch and say it wasn't about 'you' yet next day wear pig socks.

I stand with those that serve(d). The punks stand behind us when the shit goes down.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Not as a means to an argument, I just am not sure what you're saying here.

I thought Kaepernick was clear as to what he meant. That his message may be misconstrued isn't entirely his fault. Partly yes. But not entirely.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've read, it's prevalent systemic racism from American law enforcement and socially in certain areas of the country. To the point where professing pride in being an American is not something he feels comfortable doing.

I don't applaud his decision, but I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.

Systematic racism from American law enforcement is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Is that something you really believe is happening, or just what CK is saying?

It IS a crock. but it fits the narrative...they are persecuted "victims" you know...

they = all the whiners, disrespecters and bitchers about anything and everything.

colin coffeecake has a right to be an asswhole, and what he did was asswholish.

I don't get having a bitch and then blaming it all on the entire country, and our flag.

Our Anthem is about our country, and there is so much wonderful greatness about our country.

Maybe not in san fran or seattle, but in most other stadiums, I would hope a lot of fans would

be very offended that our entire country, flag and anthem, our citizens as a whole...were slurred for one person's grievance,

who acted out stupidassed...ly.

There are a lot of great, wonderful things about America. There a few not-so-great things about America. And there a few things that flat-out suck.

It's his right to comment and feel about the country what he does. And it's your right to be offended by it.

I wouldn't tell either of you to shut up.

Systematic racism from American law enforcement is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Is that something you really believe is happening, or just what CK is saying?

It's what he's saying. I don't know one way or the other, but I'm sure he has his experiences and stats and you have yours. I will say that I don't believe for one moment that it's merely pure fantasy.

what i'm 'exactly' saying is don't sit or kneel, proclaim your cause with bravado, feel the backlash vs. you from veterans, then say it wasn't about veterans (even though u, i and he knows vets hold the flag and anthem dear to our hearts) wear pig socks and continue to say it's not about the vets when u know the vets think it is all about the flagwhat i'm 'exactly' saying is don't sit or kneel, proclaim your cause with bravado, feel the backlash vs. you from veterans, then say it wasn't about veterans (even though u, i and he knows vets hold the flag and anthem dear to our hearts) wear pig socks and continue to say it's not about the vets when u know the vets think it is all about the flagwhat i'm 'exactly' saying is don't sit or kneel, proclaim your cause with bravado, feel the backlash vs. you from veterans, then say it wasn't about veterans (even though u, i and he knows vets hold the flag and anthem dear to our hearts) wear pig socks and continue to say it's not about the vets when u know the vets think it is all about the flag

Being a citizen of this great country, the fro headed hazbeen certainly has the right to kneel and that I acknowledge.......... However, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The former muscle kisser - when he had muscles, is in the unique position to effect change, and instead of offending almost everyone by disrespecting the National Anthem and everything that it stands for, he could've used his money and fame to organize another form of protest that would have gotten his message across, and started conversations across water coolers nationwide...... However, since the dude can't read a defense, it's no wonder he couldn't put those dozens of brain cells to good use and come up with a better way to get his message across.

Fuck him, and fuck every other person that disrespects the flag or the National Anthem... Find a better way you asshats.

^^^

This country is more than divided, it is fractured, and the only thing we had left that united us were those couple of minutes on Sunday before a football game when we all stood together to show appreciation for how lucky we are to have been born in this country, despite its past mistakes.

And now the liberals have gone and fucked that up too.

Fuck liberals, fuck Kaeperdick and any ungrateful "look at me" attention seeking athlete or celebrity. Die motherfuckers.

Its bad enough to sit in protest during the anthem, but its doubly bad when you are protesting a lie, the false narrative that cops are out to kill black people. Fuck you assholes who believe that.

^^^^

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Not as a means to an argument, I just am not sure what you're saying here.

I thought Kaepernick was clear as to what he meant. That his message may be misconstrued isn't entirely his fault. Partly yes. But not entirely.

His intention was crystal clear. He's 100% on the BLM train. Like his action is going to do diddly squat- other than make him totally hated by a large percentage of the population. Privileged a-hole. If you want to disrespect the USA and our flag- go to the CFL- you'll be there soon enough.

I'm still trying to figure out why grown adults give a flying fuck what a back up QB does during the anthem. I stand for the anthem and that's all that I care about. I don't give a shit what other people do during it. That's their thing, not mine.

If you think it's disrespectful, good for you. If you think he's making a statement, good for you. I don't give a fuck. I'm going to do my thing and not let douche bags effect my life.

If you're trying to parse through what I've said to see where I stand, first off, your a pussy, second off, grow the fuck up.

I'm still trying to figure out why grown adults give a flying fuck what a back up QB does during the anthem. I stand for the anthem and that's all that I care about. I don't give a shit what other people do during it. That's their thing, not mine.

If you think it's disrespectful, good for you. If you think he's making a statement, good for you. I don't give a fuck. I'm going to do my thing and not let douche bags effect my life.

If you're trying to parse through what I've said to see where I stand, first off, your a pussy, second off, grow the fuck up.

True but he's playing professional NFL football. He's held to certain standards. It's a privilege to play NFL football. I'd keep him on the bench though, not because of the protest but because he SUCKS at QB.

In my home library I have an old leather-bound copy of Edward Everett Hale's "The Man Without A Country". Having good Venezuelan friends who still live in the aftermath of Hugo Chavez's oppressive takeover of what was once a true democracy, I would suggest Kap be given a copy of that booklet as well as a one way ticket to Caracas so he can see real oppression in action. I bet he'd stand up for the anthem then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Without_a_Country

PS-it was written and published in 1863 in the middle of the greatest sacrifice in our history to preserve a union WITHOUT SLAVERY.

This is poli board material disguised as football talk.

9/11 transcends poli board material don't u think? Not rippin on anyone but i don't know that a lot of people realize the devastation that happened that day living in omaha. How about doing 95 mph down a metro highway in what's considered by many as the world's biggest city to pick up fam and friends who work a mile from ground zero? How about smouldering ash, clouds of death that could be seen weeks after from where i live 12 miles away up the hudson? every american should feel loss, not just some bankers on wall street. all it will take is another lapse in security and it could happen gain where u live and work. Thank god we have servicemen and women who are constantly working and fighting to make sure it never happens again.

Sorry this might interrupt your film room study on sunday.

Blah blah blah. I love invisible people. Really hard to see, cuz they don't stand for anything or speak on anything until you step on their toes, then they scream.

If he didn't make it a big deal it wouldn't be one.

First I was in the Army in the 70's, second I was in a plane on 9-11, Thank god not one that was doomed... I'm white and I work mostly in the black area's of Cleveland, I tell most blacks that i'm not racist to a color of skin, but i am racist to a class of people. To me BLM falls into that class of people, When BLM start to address black on black crime, then just maybe some of this can go away, As for CK if I owned SF, he would have be let go before the game ever started, I'd be like Trump....Your Fired..... If that would have happened, other players would have though twice before doing the same.... America Love it or leave it....... My biggest concern is all the hard working blacks that go to work and have the same dreams and goals of most Americans, are being dragged down by BLM and people like CK.

Don't like the racial divide. Red, yellow, black white. We should all stand or fall as one.

Exactly. To me, it sounds so simple, yet it appears the "labels" are what is at the root of all this fuss.

You can't even go to an ATM anymore without having to set up language preferences. I can't even process an EMS report to the local emergency room without clicking on a "race" button. It's totally out of hand.

Thank you military, both active and retired, police, and fire. Happy Patriot Day in advance.

You don't want to stand for the anthem? Fine. Kneel in the locker room and come out when your done being a pussy.

I work around Nigerians who call their bosses 'master' and have to be told they can't say that here. It's clear to me that Americans don't even get what racism is.

BACK TO JUST SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 REMEMBRANCE TALK.

The United States of America was attacked by bin Laden and all queda with airplanes staffed with 19 Saudi Arabia citizens (1 didn't make it).

Their objectives were a symbolic strike on America, kill as many Americans as possible, cause America to spend even more time, money and manpower to defend itself against their brand of terror.

It's a day of remembrance for those lost, the first responders and the free people of America and freedom loving people all over this world .

Let's try to keep all of the other miscellaneous bullshit out of it! That's all.

i get the meaning of his protest and the fact that there is a problem with police interaction mostly in the inner city or the 'impoverished' neighborhoods, at least in the eyes of impoverished black people. but i also see it in the eyes of the police who have to deal with the bullshit that goes along with policing those neighborhoods. the lack of respect. the spit in their face, yet there to defend and protect when necessary. comes from bad parenting if you ask me. black or white back in the day if a person in your neighborhood yelled at you for doing something stupid, an elder told you to stop what you were doing and god forbid a police officer showed up we would have all pissed our pants and prob not allowed to leave the house for a year. but you respected authority. sure love punk rock. sure hated some of my drill sergeants and some principals in school, but i respected the shit out of them if push cam to shove.

today no one gives a fuck until it's their kid that ends up dead. then (like taco) they are the first to cry and bitch how nothing is being done.

BACK TO JUST SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 REMEMBRANCE TALK.

The United States of America was attacked by bin Laden and all queda with airplanes staffed with 19 Saudi Arabia citizens (1 didn't make it).

Their objectives were a symbolic strike on America, kill as many Americans as possible, cause America to spend even more time, money and manpower to defend itself against their brand of terror.

It's a day of remembrance for those lost, the first responders and the free people of America and freedom loving people all over this world .

Let's try tho keep all of the other miscellaneous bullshit out of it! That's all.

yes, agreed.

just seems like it is a hot topic THIS year because of the anthem bullshit. sometimes miscellaneous becomes relevant real fast.

Tomorrow is 9/11. It's tough to find words to describe the pain of watching

the news that day.

Htown said it well - the jerk should have just quietly stayed in the lockerroom til after,

instead of gleaning the opportunity on the field to play a false victim for attention of

all folks there.

Blah, blah, blah, and I'm still trying to figure out why grown adults are at each other throats ready to kill over a game called football.

You people and your fucking warped sense of priorities.

9/11 transcends poli board material don't u think? Not rippin on anyone but i don't know that a lot of people realize the devastation that happened that day living in omaha. How about doing 95 mph down a metro highway in what's considered by many as the world's biggest city to pick up fam and friends who work a mile from ground zero? How about smouldering ash, clouds of death that could be seen weeks after from where i live 12 miles away up the hudson? every american should feel loss, not just some bankers on wall street. all it will take is another lapse in security and it could happen gain where u live and work. Thank god we have servicemen and women who are constantly working and fighting to make sure it never happens again.

Sorry this might interrupt your film room study on sunday.

This thread isn't about 9/11. It's about players that don't stand for the anthem.

I'm which case, isn't football talk.

Does that day transcend the game? Without question. Is that what 95% of this thread is focused on? No.

Sorry if I interupted your moment.

This thread isn't about 9/11. It's about players that don't stand for the anthem.

I'm which case, isn't football talk.

Does that day transcend the game? Without question. Is that what 95% of this thread is focused on? No.

Sorry if I interupted your moment.

no, you're right. this thread was meant to shine a light upon selfish, mouth-breathing malcontents who have no respect for those who have fought, died and taken a bullet for their 'right' to do what the fuck they want, when they want. that's what this thread is about. look at the title. will i continue to support a league who's players continue to disrespect what others have given them by right of birth in this country?

you can. i'll watch cuz i love my browns but i ain't flickin a dime towards any of these assholes ever again unless the owners take charge and lay down the law.

tortorella for president!!

and go fuck yourself.

Archived