THE BROWNS BOARD

SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary, The Anthem, NFL Stance and My Money

miktoxic

so we all know the hot topic that colon kuppercake has started by sitting or kneeling during the playing of our national anthem before the games niners play. i think we all know there is social injustice to some level. how much and to what degree is something individually we won't agree upon. but let him do it.........

HOWEVER

this sunday is the anniversary of sept. 11th, 2001, the first time our soil was breached in a terroristic war attack that brought down 2 huge buildings in battery park nyc. don't need to explain the details of what everyone saw that day and has been recorded and played back many times in most or our minds. so since colon has emptied his bowels upon us all when tuning in to a football game for entertainment, there have been others who have joined him across the sports realm and even supported by the president of the united states (what an asshat).

i'm sure everyone here can tell my stance on this issue. but i'd like to know/hear what others think to either let me know how far out of reach i am mentally on this, how old-fartish i might be or whether or not my vet status gives me the right to overreact.

the seahawks plan to show a 'unified' team showing of how they view this by doing something during the playing of the national anthem. what do you think it could be? if they all turned their back or kneeled how would you feel?

IMO the NFL needs to take a hard line on this and since they are a privated entity should employ the same rule of standing for the national anthem like the NBA does.

got your cause kaepernik, even though i doubt you've ever been affected like others in the black community considering how, where and by who you were raised.

if this continues i might just turn my back on it all and discontinue support of this game i love so much.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lot of vets on here and they know i respect the shit out of them our flag and country.

love football and the overall feeling of the hot summer going the fuck away and the change of seasons here in the east. still remember playing football in our neighborhood's school yard with the orange and browns leaves falling off the tree and the thought of all the problems going away in the world while i sat down with family and friends to watch the nfl on sundays. don't know any rogue cops or slave owners. when does white america get off the hook for some shit some dumbasses did centuries ago? cuz that's what this is all about. nobody is ever satisfied until they get what they're asking for. meanwhile, if you just got popped for beating up your wife on video or breaking some other laws, people want to immediately wipe the slate clean with some type of public apolgy.

kinda a double standard.

Being a citizen of this great country, the fro headed hazbeen certainly has the right to kneel and that I acknowledge.......... However, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The former muscle kisser - when he had muscles, is in the unique position to effect change, and instead of offending almost everyone by disrespecting the National Anthem and everything that it stands for, he could've used his money and fame to organize another form of protest that would have gotten his message across, and started conversations across water coolers nationwide...... However, since the dude can't read a defense, it's no wonder he couldn't put those dozens of brain cells to good use and come up with a better way to get his message across.

Fuck him, and fuck every other person that disrespects the flag or the National Anthem... Find a better way you asshats.

First of all. To Mik and all Veterans on this board , Thank You!!! Service to our one of a kind country is greatly appreciated! We enjoy endless freedoms in the United States of America!

God bless America!

that's why, considering all that's being discussed + the fact that we will be inundated with 9/11 documentaries/footage and political commentary between now and sunday, what the seattle seahawks decide to do as a team will be monumental in what the NFL does in the near future to establish a 'one front' message.

As far as Colin's cowardly act (my definition), I see it as his setting the table for him to holler "racism" as he warms the bench this season.

Kudos to Mik & others on this thread. I saw men die, including friends who served beside me in Vietnam fighting for this Country. While everyone has a right to protest, failing to honor the National Anthem of the Country that has blessed you with so much IS, IMHO, cowardly. Let sissy boy put up or shut up...by that, I mean to give his time & efforts to help the homeless, disabled, starving, etc. Don't throw your money at the "problem" Colin, throw YOURSELF at it, that is IF you believe in your cause enough to commit to effect the change you feel is needed.

Actions speak louder than words, but those actions need to last longer than 3 minutes or so once a week.

Mike

awesome mike! god bless!!

pretty amazing the push back by those who have never done a thing to defend this country or their rights.

i love everything about this country. i've been all over the world and there is nothing like this anywhere else. from maine to the gulf coast. from east to west north to south. 'we' got it good. political assertions aside, i have a certain discontent for anybody that can yap all day in a suit on this topic swaying from the left to right but they've never actually stood up and done something to preserve what they now preach to either be for or against.

I want thank all of you , who served and faught for this country and Our ways of life!.. My Stepfather was a Nam vet.. I saw what the war can do to people first hand. I became thick skinned because of him.. God Bless Our Soldiers..

I think Colin's socks that had white cops shown as pigs on them were disgusting. Their have always been some corrupt cops out there, but there's also a lot of great ones. There's many other ways he can protest, but this way, if he gets cut, he can say it was because of this instead of his play. I read an article that compared Colin to Muhammad Ali, which was completely ridiculous. If Colin were white, would the nation feel different towards what he's doing?

Also, that female soccer player did the same, so they played the anthem before her team went on to the field, and she got pissed because she couldn't protest. What are these people trying to achieve? What's their ultimate goal? They're just doing it for a little five seconds of fame. The flag represents our nation, and everything it's stood for. All of those bodies that fought and died for people like privileged Kapernick. Did you know his jersey sales skyrocketed? Every member of Black Lives Matter probably bought some.

There's so many ways he could protest or give back without getting a lot of attention. People that are great and really care about our nation make a difference and donate money without being a primadonna or bragging about it.

This country is more than divided, it is fractured, and the only thing we had left that united us were those couple of minutes on Sunday before a football game when we all stood together to show appreciation for how lucky we are to have been born in this country, despite its past mistakes.

And now the liberals have gone and fucked that up too.

Fuck liberals, fuck Kaeperdick and any ungrateful "look at me" attention seeking athlete or celebrity. Die motherfuckers.

Its bad enough to sit in protest during the anthem, but its doubly bad when you are protesting a lie, the false narrative that cops are out to kill black people. Fuck you assholes who believe that.

My understanding is that CK is kneeling because of racial injustice. Does he really feel it more than Jackie Robinson did? Or any black athlete in the fifties or sixties? Did any of them kneel and disrespect the country they lived in? Kinda doubt it. CK is a bitch that has a dying career (but still PLENTY of money to move somewhere he's not "discriminated" against) and is seeking attention. Fuck him. This shit only stands because we live in such a free society. Go try doing that in Russia or North Korea you dumb fuck.

Fuck him, and fuck every other person that disrespects the flag or the National Anthem... Find a better way you asshats.

With all Kaps & his other followers $$, hire Flo rider & demonstrate "Welcome to My House". cause he ain't never been there. Instead I prefer Jim Croce.."You don't tug on Super man Kap. You don't spit into the wind. You don't mess, with the old bald eagle & you don't mess around with Sam"..da da da da da de de du.. God Bless to all that served..Sal UTE..

These "protestors" make countless millions of dollars. There are a host of venues available to them to voice their concerns about social injustice. I find it ironic they choose to do so by disrespecting the very flag that gives them the right to both disrespect the flag and openly voice concerns. Plenty of countries would jail or execute them for that or less. I overall find it deplorable. I honestly believe this to be a feeble attempt at relevancy by an otherwise washed up forgotten athlete.

From what I've read, it's prevalent systemic racism from American law enforcement and socially in certain areas of the country. To the point where professing pride in being an American is not something he feels comfortable doing.

I don't applaud his decision, but I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.

Zero problem with what Kaepernick has decided to do here.

It's not a comment on the military.

But see, that is the EXACT problem most vets have with colon's decision. U say ur going to disrespect what every serviceman/woman has fought for since this country's independence, then step back like a bitch and say it wasn't about 'you' yet next day wear pig socks.

I stand with those that serve(d). The punks stand behind us when the shit goes down.

colin coffeecake has a right to be an asswhole, and what he did was asswholish.

I don't get having a bitch and then blaming it all on the entire country, and our flag.

Our Anthem is about our country, and there is so much wonderful greatness about our country.

Maybe not in san fran or seattle, but in most other stadiums, I would hope a lot of fans would

be very offended that our entire country, flag and anthem, our citizens as a whole...were slurred for one person's grievance,

who acted out stupidassed...ly.

Archived