THE BROWNS BOARD

Taboo

Series hooked me like a mofo right out of the gate and 2nd episode only set the hook deeper.

It's a little reminiscent of Deadwood, but set in London... and with hints of black magic.

Did I mention semi-incest? Between Tom and the former Mrs. Robb Stark, late of GoT's red-wedding?

Three episodes in and the fog is just beginning to lift. This one grabs you by the balls and the brain...

And you don't have to wait... http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/full-episodes

Did I mention semi-incest? Between Tom and the former Mrs. Robb Stark, late of GoT's red-wedding?

Three episodes in and the fog is just beginning to lift. This one grabs you by the balls and the brain...

And you don't have to wait... http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/full-episodes

I watched the first episode. So far interested but not completely hooked.

• 1 month later...

Wrapped up Season 1 last week... yup, Season one, not Season one-and-done as I originally thought...

I loved it.

Counting the days to season 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Final review? Hopes for Season 2? (which I did not see coming until very late...)

Yes I really liked it, although I thought Tom's character was almost too unlikeable for empathy. Of course that goes for just about everybody in the show. I also thought the voo doo was forced.

I don't know what BBC take is on doing sequel after sequel but going to the new world certainly opens the door to a whole new storyline.

Still even after my couple misgivings I thought it was a fine series.

BBC has another period piece called Poldark which I may or may not roll the dice on.

WSS

I hear you... not without flaws, but still great.

For my part I thought Hardy was dark and distant enough to not be that likable, but he was a tad too omniscient.

Archived