THE BROWNS BOARD

The State of Michigan has banned Tesla cars to be sold there!

WalterWhite

Well good for you.

So how about you give me your conservative reasons for disliking Walmart. If you do a Google search for why the left hates Walmart you will get quite a few hits. If you have other reasons let me know.

(and keep in mind bud that you can shop wherever pleases you.)

WSS

Top result (that I haven't really read through since I've just got back from a liquid lunch)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/09/top-eight-reasons-conservatives-should-hate-walmart/

now thats funny! If you do sober up and choose to read the list do take note that right near the top is an ad urging readers to fight back against the GOP, so I think we can guess where this is coming from. Still if I recall correctly the biggest bitch is that Walmart doesn't pay a lot more money to the employees. Oh well.

They force alternative and rap artists to put out versions of their CDs without the over-the-top vulgarity.

They pressure distributors to charge less so the prices are lower. Gee that's rough.

Let me check a couple more...

A few more...

They sell stuff made in China, like everybody else and who buys it?

They move into a community and small business can't compete. So the minimum wage workers at the small business with a shitty inventory and high prices get to go to Walmart and make another buck an hour.

They have some illegal aliens somewhere. I'd guess everybody does. ...

Lots of products made in china = money going overseas

Paying super low wages = employees taking money from the government

But you did just ask for reasons why conservatives should hate Walmart...

So what? Where do you go to buy your Chinese goods?

and super low wages? Conservatives usually don't have a problem with people who have low or no skills being paid minimum wage. I would have to look it up but I bet Walmart pays over the minimum wage.

plus the big great from the left is that they are non union. Fine with me, even though that wasn't on this faux conservative list.

WSS

The point about manufacturing overseas is that, according to the stereotypical republican, they should be manufacturing these products in the USA, creating jobs for american workers, making sure that the money stays in the country.

Not so sure where conservatives stand on low wages, and I think that one's a stretch, but it's not hard to see how it's spun against walmart from either side.

I never associated walmart consumers or haters with a specific political identity. ......that happened in your head.

With all due respect I believe you are being naive.

The main thrust seems to be low wages and the fact they are non union. Both liberal mantras.

You have yet to give me your own reasons.

With all due respect I believe you are being naive.

The main thrust seems to be low wages and the fact they are non union. Both liberal mantras.

You have yet to give me your own reasons.

I don't like Walmart because whenever I go there to pick up an online order I have to wait an hour for them to find the package in the store room. That's my reason! And I'm sure you consider me liberal, but my opinion is that I noticed Walmart employs people who may have trouble finding employment elsewhere, so they are serving a need. I would rather these workers be paid low wages than no wages at all.

The point about manufacturing overseas is that, according to the stereotypical republican, they should be manufacturing these products in the USA, creating jobs for american workers, making sure that the money stays in the country.

Not so sure where conservatives stand on low wages, and I think that one's a stretch, but it's not hard to see how it's spun against walmart from either side.

Well if you care to look at the issue closely manufacturing in China is the direct result of liberal over control of American industry. If it costs too much to make the widget in America the public buys the widget from someone else.

If there was a retailer that sold American only products of similar quality and at a similar price I would have to think they'd do well.

Still I think we would be stupid to purchase American made products of lesser quality and twice the price.

My one exception is the guitars that I play. There are guitars made overseas that are every bit as good as American instruments. I choose to play American guitars. I have a Gibson, a Martin and a few US built Ovations that I play out with.

(but Alvarez and Takamine are just as good)

WSS

It used to be very much the case with cars, if my impressions are ok - Japanese cars were better and cheaper than american models, but people used to buy americans because it meant more jobs in america. Even now, american cars are basically a joke the world over, but still popular over there - I suppose because there aren't really corners, handling isn't a concern ;)

(not sure where I'm going, but the several pints - proper, british, pints - at lunch mean I'm more inclined to ramble).

It used to be very much the case with cars, if my impressions are ok - Japanese cars were better and cheaper than american models, but people used to buy americans because it meant more jobs in america. Even now, american cars are basically a joke the world over, but still popular over there - I suppose because there aren't really corners, handling isn't a concern ;)

(not sure where I'm going, but the several pints - proper, british, pints - at lunch mean I'm more inclined to ramble).

Same here but usually later in our day. 0h and with inferior American 16 ounce pintes but filled with superior American pale ale!

<g>

Of course American cars are a lot better than they were thanks to competition from the Japanese automakers. I Drive a Subaru.

WSS

Check that out... Steve using blanket statements fo posters on here backfired in his face

And Woody making an unfounded and ignorant statement, wow, what a surprise.

Yes Woody you really can make general statements, there's no sin involved.

(I never ever use words like every or all)

Also just in case you did bother to read anything the reasons that conservatives should hate Walmart were written by an obviously hard left group. Note the anti GOP ad I mentioned.

The conservative party aligns themselves traditionally to religious christian backed organizations. The majority of black and hispanic people in this country are christian. Therefore, the majority of black and hispanic people are politically conservative. WTF kind of logic is that?

Well if you care to look at the issue closely manufacturing in China is the direct result of liberal over control of American industry. If it costs too much to make the widget in America the public buys the widget from someone else.

If there was a retailer that sold American only products of similar quality and at a similar price I would have to think they'd do well.

Still I think we would be stupid to purchase American made products of lesser quality and twice the price.

My one exception is the guitars that I play. There are guitars made overseas that are every bit as good as American instruments. I choose to play American guitars. I have a Gibson, a Martin and a few US built Ovations that I play out with.

(but Alvarez and Takamine are just as good)

WSS

Side note: My dad got to see a demonstration from a Martin rep the other day. Someone asked the rep about their CNC operation they use to make the guitars now. The rep was immediately defensive and tried to claim that they have to hire more people since automating as opposed to when they were hand carved. My dad thought the guy was full of shit but didn't really care. Martin is a business and has to maximize their profits.

He got to play some model they were offering for 21k. He strummed it for a few seconds then worried about scratching the finish and handed it back to the rep.

Are they banning the Chevy volt? I don't think it's the technology that's the issue

of course not. They are protecting the American auto makers and the unionss that build them simple enough.

if the Tesla is planning to direct market then they will be putting the thousands of people who work at the dealerships in a hard spot it as well.

and I'm not so much against that protectionism. At least I understand it.

WSS

The conservative party aligns themselves traditionally to religious christian backed organizations. The majority of black and hispanic people in this country are christian. Therefore, the majority of black and hispanic people are politically conservative. WTF kind of logic is that?

Well it's not that simple. First of all white evangelicals trend Republican while black Baptists trend Democrat. But, & I don't have and in-depth study to prove this, I would bet dollars to dog shit that very religious people of any race or nationality will probably lean toward pro life. Like many issues it's not first on the list so blacks will vote their own interests as well Hispanics, but I don't think devout Christians on either side agree with all the policies. Voting history and personal ideology are not necessarily one and the same.

Some of the guys here have called me right wing but I am pro gay marriage and I am agnostic. Those are two positions one could probably lumpin with the left. Agree or disagree?

Again maybe you could tell me your exact reasons that have embittered you to the Walmart chain?

WSS

Archived