THE BROWNS BOARD

Philpin phired

Mudfly

Hard to understand the logic here. Must have had some issues behind the scenes.

Because if you watch them play, the team looks like its already quit on the coach. They are getting their ass handed to them each week. While the Browns might be losing, the team still plays hard (just not very good) but you can see the difference in a team thats trying as opposed to a team that's just collecting pay checks.

Dolphins made a big mistake signing Suh with such an enormous salary.

Ndamukong Suh's contract could come back to haunt Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25109985/ndamukong-suhs-contract-could-come-back-to-haunt-dolphins

Oh it will. He's a whiner, dirty player, and a detriment to the team chemistry.

This might be a problem as welll...

Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been getting rattled even in practice sessions.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.

The frustration for Tannehill stemmed from the entire situation as well as the Dolphins haven’t won a game since the season-opener. Tannehill is an extremely competitive person, and the struggles of the offense have angered him significantly.

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

The number one quality you want in a football coach at any competitive level is to be a leader of men. There's not one right way to do that, but all the matters is that the guys playing for you will play hard and give that extra little bit with you as the leader.

Philbin was never that dude and it showed for a long time. That's not to say he's not a good football mind, but he's not a leader of men. I might get dogged for this, but this is a quality I do see in Pettine. I think guys rally behind him which is invaluable. It's just a matter of combining that with good talent...which we don't really have.

Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been getting rattled even in practice sessions.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.

The frustration for Tannehill stemmed from the entire situation as well as the Dolphins haven’t won a game since the season-opener. Tannehill is an extremely competitive person, and the struggles of the offense have angered him significantly.

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

Wow! Just wow to all of that.

Philbin had a losing record, was a lousy coach and should have been fired last year. Period. Throwing money at big players like Suh was a HUGE mistake. They can't get rid of Suh! Philbin had to go because the players sucked with him.

They have tons of talent on offense Landry, Rishard Mathews, Jordan Camerin, Kenny Stills etc etc etc

Must be an A&M thing to have divas at QB.

I've gone to probably 50 hours worth of his practices. He's a shy guy. No way this story's true.

That's who you want to lead your team ... a shy guy.

Isnt this year 4 for him? May need to pull the plug on him at the end of the year and blow this thing up.

Z

Thats who you want toblead your team ... a shy guy.

Isnt this year 4 for him? May need to pull the plug on him at the end of the year and blow this thing up.

Z

As opposed to the Browns who could blow it up right after their only win in 2015? :lol:

That's who you want to lead your team ... a shy guy.

Z

I didn't say it was a good quality. He blew 6 double digit halftime leads as a REDSHIRT SENIOR, MULTI-YEAR STARTING quarterback. Safe to say his leadership sucks.

Yes it's year 4. He has sucked this year but to be fair, PFF had him as a top 10 QB last year. OL has been brutally bad. But yes the lack of leadership will always hold him back.

What?

We haven't even played a division game yet, Fuckwad, go root for Dallas.

Zombo

I was referring to never using Manziel again. I prolly could have said "only win in 2015 so far"

And can't stand Dallas. Or Houston.

Been a Denver fan since living in Greeley and attending pre-season practices in the late 70's. My other team has an Aggie they actually use. Recovered a nice fumble to end it for them the other day.

I was referring to never using Manziel again. I prolly could have said "only win in 2015 so far"

And can't stand Dallas. Or Houston.

Been a Denver fan since living in Greeley and attending pre-season practices in the late 70's. My other team has an Aggie they actually use. Recovered a nice fumble to end it for them the other day.

Ok, Denver fan. I get it, you are saying we screwed up by abandoning Johnny by going back to McCown.

McCown has thrown for 697 yards 4 TDs and 1 INT in the last two games.

We are clearly stupid for "never using Manziel again" even though McCown threw for more yards on Sunday than Manziel has in his career.

He's a project. We're being patient. He's making improvements. But we are starting the right guy if we are in the business of putting the best offense on the field on Sundays.

Zombo

Ok, Denver fan. I get it, you are saying we screwed up by abandoning Johnny by going back to McCown.

McCown has thrown for 697 yards 4 TDs and 1 INT in the last two games.

We are clearly stupid for "never using Manziel again" even though McCown threw for more yards on Sunday than Manziel has in his career.

He's a project. We're being patient. He's making improvements. But we are starting the right guy if we are in the business of putting he best offense on the field on Sundays.

Zombo

If I recall correctly, there was another NFL team that threw their A&M project QB in as a starter immediately.

I wonder how that fared.

What? You don't believe in him now? Don't make me bump that thread.

"Believe in him?" That sounds gay. Yes, he impressed me when he started. And I HOPE he is the guy to take this franchise by the balls. And he WILL get that chance.

Bench McCown right now? No.

Browns fans with no agendas towards players or colleges must really confuse you.

Zombo

--are you only allowed to like one guy?

If I recall correctly, there was another NFL team that threw their A&M project QB in as a starter immediately.

I wonder how that fared.

Not too well. Just got his coach fired. Sits in last place

Zombo

"Believe in him?" That sounds gay. Yes, he impressed me when he started. And I HOPE he is the guy to take this franchise by the balls. And he WILL get that chance.

Bench McCown right now? No.

Browns fans with no agendas towards players or colleges must really confuse you.

Zombo

--are you only allowed to like one guy?

Classic. Our opinion, even despite now being shared by you, is still just based on our agenda.

Exact quotes from our brilliant leader here:

"Prep time my dick."

*3 paragraphs later*

"Prep time my penis."

*8 days later*

"He's a project. We're being patient."

Let's not forget this one.

"You are pre qualifying everything. 'If Johnny starts please remember to be patient'...

Fuck You.

Motherfucking fuck you."

Classic. Our opinion, even despite now being shared by you, is still just based on our agenda.

I believe you used the phrase believe in him last week when you went on whatever alcohol-fueled binge of Retarded thoughts led to you advocating for Johnny for once, so spare me.

It wasn't alcohol fueled, it was a response you making pre-made excuses for him when he gets the nod.

"Oh the o-line" ..."Oh the running game" ... "Oh Cleveland is where QBs go to die"

Fuck that. Someone needs to put the end to this shit and I EXPECT that guy to be Manziel. He can do this, quit being pussies about him.

Right now the offense is clicking, McCown has his timing down with the receivers, and he is doing well.

We ride the 36 year old veteran for now ... the 22 year old first round pick WILL get his chance, so be fucking patient. Act like a Browns fan and not a Manziel dick licker.

If A. you are Browns fan and B. you watched the game this week ... then there is no reason in the world to be whining about Manziel this week.

He'll get his chance. It's not right now.

We've got MUCH bigger problems than QB right now, so lick his dick in private, no one cares right now.

Zombo

The argument is not even about Manziel or McCown at this time. It is can we get this defense fixed? That is where our problem lies now. Manziel would not have won us that game or made any difference against the Chargers. Manziel doesn't play defense. That loss is on our defense or lack of it.

Our offense played well enough to win and put enough points on the board we should have won that game.

Exact quotes from our brilliant leader here:

"Prep time my dick."

*3 paragraphs later*

"Prep time my penis."

*8 days later*

Let's not forget this one.

"You are pre qualifying everything. 'If Johnny starts please remember to be patient'...

Fuck You.

Motherfucking fuck you."

I hate when you troll me, because you're not good at it.

You were using "prep time" (Again, sounds gay) as an excuse as to why Johnny may fail and you don't want me getting mad at him if he does.

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE EXCUSES. When he gets in there it is time roll, at that point will be deemed the better QB, and I expect to perform as good as, or better than McCown does now.

He's not in there now. There is no need to whine for him, defend him, pine away for him, or make excuses him this week. I feel the same way I felt about our backup QB this week as I did last week: Because he hasn't played since then, and he's not scheduled to play soon.

Why the fuck you have to defend him on a week where nothing has changed and McCown is doing fine ... tells me you are a dick licker.

Zombo

Archived