THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick your QB

PoeticG

Who is the QB?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want to see start vs. San Deigo?

Which QB should be "The Guy" going forward?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say from now until the end of the season.

I want to say Austin Davis, as I'm very curious about him. I have a feeling he's our best option at the position.

But if he's actually not noticeably better than either Johnny or Josh in that game, then I'd want to see Manziel for the rest of the season. Give him a chance to show that he can play and improve.

I don't want to throw the season. Davis would be as close as we can come to a last-ditch effort not to.

But if the team isn't going to be any good (which is what it looks like) then SOMETHING needs to come of it. Either the knowledge that Manziel isn't our guy so we can move on... Or being able to see the potential we thought we were getting when he was drafted.

Either way, I have no interest in seeing Josh McCown as the QB. His ceiling is lower than Manziel's... and his floor isn't appreciably higher. And I don't see a winning season for the Browns with him as the go-to guy.

I want to see whoever our coaches think gives us the best chance to win. How can anyone want to see anyone different? Everyone keeps saying we have to see if Manziel can be the QB of the future, I think the front office already knows. McCown should play the rest of the year, and back to the drawing board we go after the year.

Have we seen enough of Manziel to rule him out as the guy for the future? I don't think so. At this point I want to see. J Mac is in his late thirties. He's not the guy for the future. The best chance to win now is J Mac? Win what, eight games at best? Play JM for the remainder of the season and see if we need to draft again next year.

I still don't understand why Manziel is not the starter either. We know who McCown is but we don't know if we have our franchise on the bench or do we draft Cook or Goff next year. Seems simple to me. Play Manziel now. What is the waiting accomplishing? Unless they're planning a trade with Saints or Cowboys. That could explain keeping Manziel on the bench.

Either way, the Fans have been screwed again.

I still don't understand why Manziel is not the starter either. We know who McCown is but we don't know if we have our franchise on the bench or do we draft Cook or Goff next year. Seems simple to me. Play Manziel now. What is the waiting accomplishing? Unless they're planning a trade with Saints or Cowboys. That could explain keeping Manziel on the bench.

Either way, the Fans have been screwed again.

What does it matter what we know? Ever wonder what the coaches know? Theres a reason McCown is starting despite all the negative attention its bringing.

Johnny . . . If I thought McCown had a shot at doing anything this season it might be different. But with no running game / defense he's Hoyer 2.0.

The best thing for this franchise would be for haslam to put some unbreakable clause in Pettine's contract that he will be here next year. Maybe he would be more open to playing Johnny instead of a 36 year old who's not gonna take this franchise anywhere. Let Manziel get his lumps in this season . . . hopefully he shows good progress along with his mistakes.

Then next season hopefully we get a Gordon who actually plays and can get Benjamin to resign and we can bring in another playmaker or two and our offense could have a legit chance at doing something.

Who knows if any of that will come to fruition, but the first step in that process is knowing what we have in Johnny, and him having some Sunday experience. If he completely shits the bed then at least we know where we're at, and next season won't be another year of QB ?'s . . . Unless they're already planning on grabbing another QB . . . Nothing surprises me anymore.

The team needs to win for McCown to keep his job. How much longer can we go saying Manziel has the only W as a starter this year? I'd say, if McCown doesn't look impressive in the next 2 games, then you better see Johnny by the next home game or that crowd is going to get nasty...

I want to see whoever our coaches think gives us the best chance to win. How can anyone want to see anyone different? Everyone keeps saying we have to see if Manziel can be the QB of the future, I think the front office already knows. McCown should play the rest of the year, and back to the drawing board we go after the year.

Suppose McCown gives us the best chance to win this year (which the evidence thus far suggests he does not as our only win is with Manziel). What about next year? Does he give us the best chance to win then? How about the year after that? I would take 6 wins this year with Manziel over 8 wins with McCown. Why? Because McCown isn't getting any better, but Manziel, if he continues to win, will lead us to more wins every year he gets better. Going with McCown is a short-sighted decision.

I'm glad nobody voted for the non-existant "Conner Shaw".

I just voted for Conner Shaw.

If you're silly enough to leave the Spice Girls on your jukebox, l'm gonna play the Spice Girls to remind you to remove the Spice Girls from your jukebox.

Or maybe l just like the Spice Girls.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am all on board for seeing what we have in our 1st round pick. But I also want to win some football games.

Listening to all these fans boasting and chanting for Johnny to be put on the field is driving me crazy! I must not have been watching the same game in week 2 as everyone else. I keep hearing "played a great game" "he did really good" "he showed improvement". I only agree with one of those.

For all those that are up his A$$, look at the stats really quick.

Manziel week 2 - 8/15 172 yds 2 TDs

McCown week 3 - 28/49 341 yds 2 TDs 1 Int

Other than the INT it looks pretty much the same to me right? A lot more passing attempts..hmm another stat.

week 2 combined rush yds 116...not bad

week 3 combined rush yds 39...yeah that's right

Bottom line, Manziel didn't play a good game, the entire team played a good enough game to win.

And discuss...

My reply to another thread:

Bottom line: The Browns front office and coaching staff do not trust Johnny personally and professionally yet to turn the reins over to him. When they do, they will. And as far as I am concerned you all can just shut the fuck up about it until it happens.

The season is three games old. You are still playing to win at this point. Last year at this time, the rest of the world had the Pats falling off the brink of the world, and Tom Brady was washed up. Then they won the whole damn thing.

Are the Browns as good as the Pats? No. Do they have time to right the ship? Absolutely. This is the same damn team minus Brian Hoyer that was 7-4 leading the conference last year. Oh ya, Phil Taylor too. So.... lets just give up?

Whether you want to believe it or not, Johnny Football is not ready. Dude just learned how to point out the middle linebacker to the line. He still needs work, and its not the kinda work you get getting thrown into the deep end and getting your head kicked in week after week, cause he won't make it 3 weeks running for his life. He needs work on basic stuff. He has about 6 weeks to learn how to read a flippin defense and not turn the ball over on your side of the field.

McCown starts.

If you are truly a Johnny fan, then you don't want him to start right now. Hell you probably don't want him to start him all year and let him give it a go after next off season. Dude just got out of rehab a few months back for christ sake...

Push him out to early and ruin him, then we start this bullshit all over again. I keep hearing and seeing people write "We have to know what we have".... really? Why? So they can say he sucks after 5 or 6 bad starts because he isn't ready, then flush a guy they spend a first round pick on and wiff on another one instead of drafting players for other positions? How about drafting a Cooper or Jones or Gronk instead of another QB that might work out. Then when JM is ready, he will have some offense behind him, instead of his main weapon being Gary "Fucking" Barnidge.

Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

Archived