THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump would consider Cruz for Supreme Court

calfoxwc

Okay, I can step onboard the Trump train, if he's serious about

a very conservative justice to put BACK ON the supreme court.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278466-trump-id-have-to-think-about-cruz-for-supreme-court

Cruz would never get by a senate confirmation. He would have less of a chance being confirmed than Robert Bork.

Apart from that though there is a phoniness issue going on. Why would Trump even consider that with "lying Ted"? If Trump believed what he said about Cruz he would dismiss the idea of nominating Cruz for the Supremes out of hand instead of having to "think about it".

The same would go with Cruz at this point if he did endorse Trump in return for a favor. It would reek of hypocrisy and phoniness much like Ben Carson who flat out said he endorsed Trump because he was promised a job in a Trump administration.

It is funny to see the opportunist Chris Christie with the long face behind Trump on the podium. The same guy now endorsing Trump who said just a few months earlier Trump wasn't fit to be president.

Anyone putting any faith in a politician is crazy IMO. Profiles in courage with politicians is pretty scarce today. Some are better than others and that is probably as good as it gets.

How can anyone take Trump seriously if he says such negative stuff about Cruz, and then turns around and wants him on the Supreme Court?

The trump that likes Cruz would.

The trump that hates cruz would never do it.

The trump that doesn't care one way or the other,

will do what gets him a positive response.... usually $$$

Reporter: "Would you consider nominating Ted Cruz as a supreme court justice?"

Trump: "I don't know I'd have to think about it. There's a whole question of uniting and there's a whole question as to temperament, he's certainly a smart guy, but there's also a temperament issue"

---

Does not translate to:

"Trump wants him on the supreme court"

It's more like usual Trump, "I'm not taking any options off the table"

Donald J Trump response to Cruz's most recent outburst

Ted Cruz is a desperate candidate trying to save his failing campaign. It is no surprise he has resorted to his usual tactics of over-the-top rhetoric that nobody believes. Over the last week, I have watched Lyin’ Ted become more and more unhinged as he is unable to react under the pressure and stress of losing, in all cases by landslides, the last six primary elections --- in fact, coming in last place in all but one of them. Today’s ridiculous outburst only proves what I have been saying for a long time, that Ted Cruz does not have the temperament to be President of the United States.

Referring to this:

Archived